struggling...

Options
2»

Replies

• arlingtonangel
    arlingtonangel Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wow, let me just say your so awesome for maintaing your house hold! I have an idea, on your day off cook a few freezer meals, so it saves you time during the week, pop the meal in the oven-- in the meantime do a 20 min workout dvd 3 times a week in place of you cooking, see if that helps at all!

This is a great idea! I am going to try this when I go back to work.
  • jessical30
    jessical30 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of in the same situation as you. I work 8-5 and I have 2 kids also. After we get home for the sitter's I start dinner after I get the dishes done thats when its our time to go out and explore lately I've been riding the bike with the trailer to a local park the total distance is 6 miles which is awesome . I also go for walks on my lunch. I have an hour break so I eat the fist 20 mins or so then the rest I'm out walking. If we get home late or whatever I wait till the kids go to bed which bedtime at my house is 8-9 ( my youngest is in bed by 8) then I will do some DVD's.You just have to find out what works best for you and your family. I had a hard time adjusting and getting everyone on board but its all working out now. Hopefully this helps :smile:
  • emmajane_2288
    emmajane_2288 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    How do you actually get to work? If you use a form of public transport, you can get off at a stop or station before the one you usually get off and walk? I know you say you wear dressy shoes but you could take a pair of flats or trainers in your bag which would be more comfortable for you?

If you drive, what about parking your car a few blocks away and walking the rest? Little exercise is better than none
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    First let me say - Thank you for being a dedicated Mom who puts the health and wellbeing of her children at such a high priority!!! Wonderful to see that in people :)

I was wondering the same thing about lunch walking, That is how I started out - working out over my lunch break - and it made such a difference :)

I hope that will be able to help you some - also - How is your carb to protein to fats ratio on your diary? That can play a role too - healthy carbs can really give you a great burst of energy without feeling run down, protein will give you (at least it does me) sustained energy throughout the day ;)

Maybe that helps!!!
    C.J.
  • jcaa2011
    jcaa2011 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, these are all great suggestions! I appreciate the input :flowerforyou:
  • CelticDestiny
    CelticDestiny Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Here is a 3 minute mini walk that you can do a few times a day at your desk. Just take off your heals and walk. You can do it a few times through out your day. The goal is to just get up and move. Good luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1BzEW0ibcg