What's the best way to burn 1500 calories/day without burning muscle?

Options
124»

Replies

• mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Going for bullets for expediency.
    - your lungs, liver, digestive system, brain etc all require energy and therefore burn calories. This is your basal metabolic rate or BMR
    - you also have additional non-exercise activity such as walking around, cooking, tidying, running errands etc that burn calories. This plus your BMR, plus calories burned in the gym is your total daily energy expenditure or TDEE
    - "burning more than you consume" means making your TDEE be less than you eat
    - this can be done by reducing food intake alone
    - doing additional exercise, or additional non-exercise activity such as hoovering, can also help.
    - There are additional health benefits to exercise that I'm sure you're aware of so weight loss is not the only reason to go to the gym

the mfp amd fitbit methods are pretty similar:
    - Put in your height and weight
    - select speed of weight loss (1lb /0.5kg per week is typical)
    - log everything you eat and drink, measuring with a food scale (or measuring cups for liquids only)
    - log your exercise and activity level
    - eat the amount of calories the app tells you; do not stress about the maths
    - if you feel like it, try to do this by eating traditionally healthy foods but don't stress if you want to eat chocolate

Following either of these methods, there is no need to spend 3 hours a day in the gym. In fact, you are at risk of injury if you do that.

Some context: In weight loss phases I eat around 2200 calories a day and lose about 0.5 kg per week. I am 171cm, 73 kg, female, 29. I have a desk job, walk for about an hour a day Mon-Fri as part of my commute, and I go to the gym about 2-3 times a week - 10k steps on a normal day, 15k on a gym day. In maintenance I either slack off the gym or eat more food.
  • listentobeverly
    listentobeverly Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I need help! I'm shooting to burn 1,500 calories at the gym(daily) without attacking muscle. Anyone want to share their secrets? I've been trying HIIT on the treadmill, Zumba, and sauna. I need a new routine. I would like to do some weight training as well.

are you trying to burn off what your calorie goal is? if so thats not what CICO means.

yes. what does CICO mean? I was a little taken aback by having to burn more than consumed. Please enlighten me

What are your stats? Height?Weight? Your body burns a certain number of calories by just existing. For example my BMR is 1360. That number + activity level + exercise calories = calories out. I don't know is your stats but you should at least be netting 1200 (what you eat-calories burnt).

Right now you are aiming for - 300 (edited as I can't do math) which is a huge, huge deficit and will lead to malnutrition and serious health issues very soon. There is no way of preserving muscle at that low intake.

I am 190lbs. I am 5'5". I am unhappy (lol). Seriously, I will figure out my BMR. My daily calorie intake is 1200 calories. I WAS aiming to burn 1500 calories/day. I've only successfully burned around 1000. Since this post, I will do some more research and figure out a healthy calorie consumption to calorie burn ratio. OR, probably chill out w being obsessive about how many calories I've burned. I'll still be mindful and track them.

As far as my consumptions, I drink a gallon of alkaline water/day. Mostly Plant-based. My pre-workout meal consist of Garden of Life protein powder, flax milk, banana, and strawberries. Post workout is nut butter, plant based bread. I have plant based vega protein snack bars that I eat in between meals. a small lunch and efficient breakfast. I am only saying that to ask you do you think my ways will lead to malnutrition still? Now that you know what my "calories" consist of? If so, what are some of the things you do to preserve muscle?

to preserve muscle you need at least.6-.8grams of protein per lean body weight. I just go with what weight I am now and multiply it by .6 and .8 and try to get at least the amount I multiplied it by .6. if Im over thats fine, weight lifting/resistance training will help preserve muscle too. go to your main page where you type in your height,weight and put in to lose 1 lb a week(for now). and eat that amount of calories. as for what you are eating,I cant say if its enough because I dont know how many calories are in each food(I weigh everything so I know).you say you eat 1200 calories but if you arent weighing then you dont know if you are eating more or less.you could probably eat more. whats the alkaline water for? it does nothing for your body just so you know,regular water is fine. if you are eating enough calories and trying to eat a balance diet your nutrition should be fine. and you dont have to work out 2 hrs a day either, its your choice but 30 min to an hr a day is enough for most people.also if you are using machines to get your calorie burned amount,most of them are way off. so dont trust them.

I agree. My next task is to measure how much of my weight is lean. I'm basing a 1200 calorie count solely from nutrition facts.

I beg to differ. Alkaline water has a higher pH than "regular" water, it's my preference. "Regular" water can be acidic. Alkaline water is also easier for your body to absorb. I've seen a big change since drinking alkaline water. It's healed people with various diseases but, that's neither here nor there.

If you don't count on machines to track how many calories you've burned, how do you keep track? if you keep track at all?
  • mumblemagic
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I need help! I'm shooting to burn 1,500 calories at the gym(daily) without attacking muscle. Anyone want to share their secrets? I've been trying HIIT on the treadmill, Zumba, and sauna. I need a new routine. I would like to do some weight training as well.

are you trying to burn off what your calorie goal is? if so thats not what CICO means.

yes. what does CICO mean? I was a little taken aback by having to burn more than consumed. Please enlighten me

What are your stats? Height?Weight? Your body burns a certain number of calories by just existing. For example my BMR is 1360. That number + activity level + exercise calories = calories out. I don't know is your stats but you should at least be netting 1200 (what you eat-calories burnt).

Right now you are aiming for - 300 (edited as I can't do math) which is a huge, huge deficit and will lead to malnutrition and serious health issues very soon. There is no way of preserving muscle at that low intake.

I am 190lbs. I am 5'5". I am unhappy (lol). Seriously, I will figure out my BMR. My daily calorie intake is 1200 calories. I WAS aiming to burn 1500 calories/day. I've only successfully burned around 1000. Since this post, I will do some more research and figure out a healthy calorie consumption to calorie burn ratio. OR, probably chill out w being obsessive about how many calories I've burned. I'll still be mindful and track them.

As far as my consumptions, I drink a gallon of alkaline water/day. Mostly Plant-based. My pre-workout meal consist of Garden of Life protein powder, flax milk, banana, and strawberries. Post workout is nut butter, plant based bread. I have plant based vega protein snack bars that I eat in between meals. a small lunch and efficient breakfast. I am only saying that to ask you do you think my ways will lead to malnutrition still? Now that you know what my "calories" consist of? If so, what are some of the things you do to preserve muscle?

to preserve muscle you need at least.6-.8grams of protein per lean body weight. I just go with what weight I am now and multiply it by .6 and .8 and try to get at least the amount I multiplied it by .6. if Im over thats fine, weight lifting/resistance training will help preserve muscle too. go to your main page where you type in your height,weight and put in to lose 1 lb a week(for now). and eat that amount of calories. as for what you are eating,I cant say if its enough because I dont know how many calories are in each food(I weigh everything so I know).you say you eat 1200 calories but if you arent weighing then you dont know if you are eating more or less.you could probably eat more. whats the alkaline water for? it does nothing for your body just so you know,regular water is fine. if you are eating enough calories and trying to eat a balance diet your nutrition should be fine. and you dont have to work out 2 hrs a day either, its your choice but 30 min to an hr a day is enough for most people.also if you are using machines to get your calorie burned amount,most of them are way off. so dont trust them.

I agree. My next task is to measure how much of my weight is lean. I'm basing a 1200 calorie count solely from nutrition facts.

I beg to differ. Alkaline water has a higher pH than "regular" water, it's my preference. "Regular" water can be acidic. Alkaline water is also easier for your body to absorb. I've seen a big change since drinking alkaline water. It's healed people with various diseases but, that's neither here nor there.

If you don't count on machines to track how many calories you've burned, how do you keep track? if you keep track at all?

There is no scientific evidence supporting health claims or disease curing properties of so-called alkaline water. Claiming it cures people is dangerous as it stops them from getting life saving treatment that does actually help.

By the time water gets to your intestines which is where it is absorbed, it has gone through your highly acidic stomach and any difference in pH between alkaline and normal water is eradicated.

Any perceived benefits are purely an expensive placebo.

It's also worth questioning what they do to make it "alkaline". It can't be pure water or standard tap water otherwise it would be the same pH. What chemicals have they put in there and are they safe?

That said, in areas such as south East England where water is hard and has done a few rounds of the treatment cycle, some prefer to drink filtered water because it tastes nicer and/or has less limescale. Note this is not a health benefit, just a (perfectly valid) personal preference.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,737 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

I'm also 5'5", and started out close to where you are now (I was 183 pounds). I'm sedentary outside of intentional exercise, and I ate back all my (carefully estimated) exercise calories while losing 1/3 of my body weight in 10-11 months. I found I could lose quite handily on 1400-1600 calories plus the exercise calories. Now I'm maintaining, at a weight in the 120s.

And you know what? I wasn't 22 like you. I was 59/60 years old at the time - likely to be a slower burner at that age!

Your BMR (the amount you'd burn at your current height/weight/age in a coma) is probably around 1600, if not more. For best health, I'd strongly encourage you to eat more than 1200. When I tried doing that, I got fatigued and weak - of course, I stopped that when I realized, and found I could lose quite rapidly at that 1400-1600 eating level. I'll bet you can, too.

Your calorie burn before exercise is probably close to 2000 just from daily life. If you ate at 1400-1600, do your 300-ish calories of daily exercise, you'd probably lose 1-1.5 pounds a week, even eating back some exercise, which would be quite fast to lose at your current weight. And by eating more, you will stay strong and energetic, and will look more healthy and attractive while doing it.

Also, if you like the way you're eating, that's great. But I want you to know that it's not essential for you to eat all kinds of special bars and powders and supplements in order to be healthy and lose weight.

You can be healthy and lose weight by eating healthy normal foods like lean meat, dairy (unless allergic/intolerant of it), and fruits and veggies - even some treats, within your calorie goal. You want to be eating in a way that will be easy, affordable, nutritious and satisfying for you, so you can stick to it persistently and not get into a restrict/binge situation. Then when you reach your goal weight, you just add some calories to maintain your weight, and keep eating in that healthy way.
  • listentobeverly
    Options

There is no scientific evidence supporting health claims or disease curing properties of so-called alkaline water. Claiming it cures people is dangerous as it stops them from getting life saving treatment that does actually help.

By the time water gets to your intestines which is where it is absorbed, it has gone through your highly acidic stomach and any difference in pH between alkaline and normal water is eradicated.

It's also worth questioning what they do to make it "alkaline". It can't be pure water or standard tap water otherwise it would be the same pH. What chemicals have they put in there and are they safe?

That said, in areas such as south East England where water is hard and has done a few rounds of the treatment cycle, some prefer to drink filtered water because it tastes nicer and/or has less limescale.

I see your point. I worked at an alkaline water store. I've never advised people to replace alkaline water with their treatment nor will I ever. Drinking .5 - 1 gallon of alkaline water WILL help with some diseases.

Alkaline water is a dollar a gallon, whereas, a bottle of "spring" water is a $1 for a 16oz bottle.

You can make ANY water alkaline. Alkaline balls, which are ceramic minerals that come from actual springs causes the water to be alkaline like it once was... before mass production. So yes, what I put in water to make it alkaline is safe and chemical free. I have a pH tester. Its a cute lil chem class for me most mornings. Try to find an alkaline water shop near you and ask all of these questions!! For a peace of mind. I am not saying you should start drinking alkaline water and ditch the purified water but these are good questions. When customers like you would walk into my store, they'd swear by their purifier. I tell them to bring in their water so I can test it and they baffled! It can be insightful or not. It doesn't cost a thing to go see what they have. If we were face to face, I'd love to show you because seeing is believing.
  • mumblemagic
    Options

That said, in areas such as south East England where water is hard and has done a few rounds of the treatment cycle, some prefer to drink filtered water because it tastes nicer and/or has less limescale.

I see your point. I worked at an alkaline water store. I've never advised people to replace alkaline water with their treatment nor will I ever. Drinking .5 - 1 gallon of alkaline water WILL help with some diseases.

Alkaline water is a dollar a gallon, whereas, a bottle of "spring" water is a $1 for a 16oz bottle.

You can make ANY water alkaline. Alkaline balls, which are ceramic minerals that come from actual springs causes the water to be alkaline like it once was... before mass production. So yes, what I put in water to make it alkaline is safe and chemical free. I have a pH tester. Its a cute lil chem class for me most mornings. Try to find an alkaline water shop near you and ask all of these questions!! For a peace of mind. I am not saying you should start drinking alkaline water and ditch the purified water but these are good questions. When customers like you would walk into my store, they'd swear by their purifier. I tell them to bring in their water so I can test it and they baffled! It can be insightful or not. It doesn't cost a thing to go see what they have. If we were face to face, I'd love to show you because seeing is believing.

No it does not. There are no scientifically supported health benefits to drinking alkaline water over normal water, and some of the claims about alkaline water have direct evidence to the contrary.

I am not a customer. I am a scientist who knows there is no foundation to your product's claims and is disturbed by your persistence in pushing unsubstatiated health claims.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Happy to see that you're open to suggestions, OP! :)

When it comes to your intake, do you weigh your food at all? If not then you may want to start doing that to make sure you're logging as accurately as possible, particularly for certain foods - e.g. you mentioned nut butter earlier, and that can be very high in calories and easy to underestimate the amount you're actually consuming. This post is a handy list of high-calorie foods that you might want to watch out for and make sure you weigh carefully, if you tend to eat a lot of them.

It looks like you're starting to get a handle on what you need to do! Eat as much as you can to still lose weight, you don't get bonus points for starving yourself... ;) (I started at 217lbs and lost steadily on 1500 calories to begin with (I'm 5'6" and very sedentary). I've had to gradually reduce that intake as I've lost weight, but my appetite has adjusted along the way so it's easier now. I couldn't have started out on 1200, I'd have given up!)

And yes, do eat back at least some of the extra calories you earn through exercise - like I said earlier, your deficit is built into the goal MFP gives you, so if you burn more you should eat more to ensure you're getting adequate nutrition. Don't be afraid to include a few treats, too, if you'd like them and they fit into your calorie goal, and don't panic if you go over your goal now and again - it'll be okay if you don't let it snowball out of control!
  • listentobeverly
    Options

No it does not. There are no scientifically supported health benefits to drinking alkaline water over normal water, and some of the claims about alkaline water have direct evidence to the contrary.

I am not a customer. I am a scientist who knows there is no foundation to your product's claims and is disturbed by your persistence in pushing unsubstatiated health claims.

I am not pushing anything. This is what I do for myself. This is what I consume. I am not adverting alkaline water. Nor am I telling people to stop their treatments. I know what its done for me and my clients. It is not a placebo. That is what I believe. It's what I drink, me. You can continue drinking your acidic, fluoride, mercury, led, and over 1000 other chemically enhanced water. Possibilities are endless. If your approach were less hostile, I would be open to the idea of alkaline water being what your ASSUMING it is. Based on your words alone, I wouldn't believe a thing you say. Calling yourself a scientist over a screen doesn't make you a scientist. Science-enthusiast tend to shun away certain studies because it uses the words like "holistic". I bet you're "disturbed" by plant based lifestyles also. I am not one to shut down scientific facts but you have to keep an open mind and dig deeper. Wikipedia articles can be bad for your health also sweet cheeks. Studies can be prove otherwise. We have the whole internet to prove that. Instead of you belittling people, share your knowledge. If you're just going to make them feel bad about what they think they know.. proceed with your assumptions else where. Thank you very much for your insight. I won't keep it in mind.
  • listentobeverly
    edited January 2017
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    Happy to see that you're open to suggestions, OP! :)

When it comes to your intake, do you weigh your food at all? If not then you may want to start doing that to make sure you're logging as accurately as possible, particularly for certain foods - e.g. you mentioned nut butter earlier, and that can be very high in calories and easy to underestimate the amount you're actually consuming. This post is a handy list of high-calorie foods that you might want to watch out for and make sure you weigh carefully, if you tend to eat a lot of them.

It looks like you're starting to get a handle on what you need to do! Eat as much as you can to still lose weight, you don't get bonus points for starving yourself... ;) (I started at 217lbs and lost steadily on 1500 calories to begin with (I'm 5'6" and very sedentary). I've had to gradually reduce that intake as I've lost weight, but my appetite has adjusted along the way so it's easier now. I couldn't have started out on 1200, I'd have given up!)

And yes, do eat back at least some of the extra calories you earn through exercise - like I said earlier, your deficit is built into the goal MFP gives you, so if you burn more you should eat more to ensure you're getting adequate nutrition. Don't be afraid to include a few treats, too, if you'd like them and they fit into your calorie goal, and don't panic if you go over your goal now and again - it'll be okay if you don't let it snowball out of control!

Not only was this inspiring but I NOW feel less afraid to eat some things. Thank you for your words of encouragement and not belittling me for my lack of knowledge w counting calories. I'm more accustomed to counting chemicals. In the past, I'd work out whenever I had to burn off energy. I would just listen to my body. Now, I will combine the old with the new. Listen to my body and be mindful of what I am consuming BUT not drive myself crazy. Again, you're an inspiration. Thank you!!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Oh, you're welcome! It takes time to figure this stuff out, so just try to relax and not make it more complicated than it needs to be! :)

There's no such thing as "bad foods" in my book (unless you're allergic or sensitive to something), but there are what you might call better or worse choices with regard to what fills you up and what you feel is worth the calories - it just takes a bit of experimentation to find out what you enjoy. For me, I love bread but I feel that it's not worth the calorie cost, so I don't eat it very often now. But things like chocolate or bacon are worth it to me, so I'll fit those in when I can!

Be prepared for it to take a while to lose the weight, too, and remind yourself that you didn't gain it overnight so it won't come off overnight. Slow and steady gives you the opportunity to practice new habits and get used to eating less without overwhelming yourself, so that it's easier to transition to the maintenance phase when you get to your goal weight. :)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options

Why 1500? Are you planning to live at the gym? 1500 is a huge amount of calories to burn exercising, especially if you are a woman. As a 230ish pound man it would take me probably 90 minutes to do that outside in a bike, cycling vigorously into a head wind.

Just so you know, HIIT doesn't really burn that many calories because if you are doing it right you will be gassed after 20-30 minutes. Sauna's don't burn any extra calories, they just make you sweat as your body tries to regulate its temperature, Zumba might give you 300-400 calories for a class. If you want to burn 1500 be prepared to either spend a lot of time on an exercise bike, running on a treadmill with a good incline, or rowing on a rowing machine.

You don't need to burn 1500 calories at the gym to lose weight. For that matter, exercise is not primarily to lose weight it is for the health benefits. If you still want to burn 1500 calories, be prepared to eat a lot so that your calorie deficit doesn't get too large.

Thanks for your insight! I was told to burn more calories than consumed. I think that's where my confusion is coming from.

I plan on spending 2-3 hours at the gym (6 days a week).

I'm taking your advice. I'm mostly going to do cycling class weekly. Treadmill with a high incline and decent speed.

Your body is always burning calories, not just when you exercise. I think that is where you a going way wrong.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

What diseases in particular?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    Thanks for your insight! I was told to burn more calories than consumed. I think that's where my confusion is coming from.

That is how you lose weight, but it doesn't mean you have to burn off that many through exercise. As others have pointed out, you burn calories all day just by living. Set up your profile on MFP with your stats and a reasonable weight loss goal (I'd suggest 1lb per week as you don't have a huge amount to lose), and eat the number of calories it gives you. If you exercise, add that to your diary and eat a portion of those extra calories, since your deficit to lose weight (the "eat less than you burn" part) is already built into your daily goal.

Be aware that most machines and MFP's own estimates for exercise burns can be very inflated (so can Fitbits and other trackers), which is why most people recommend not to eat the entire amount. As you go along, you'll learn how accurate your estimates are (based on how fast you're losing weight) and can adjust accordingly.

And 2-3 hours at the gym sounds excessive to me unless you're an athlete in training. :) It's really not necessary to do that much unless you really enjoy it - you can lose weight with no exercise at all as long as you eat an appropriate amount of calories.

I so appreciate all this useful information. Thanks!

I actually end up spending that long at the gym.. I take 1-2 classes and they're an hour long each. I like to use some machines. treadmill on a high Incline for 15-30 minutes. I know the sauna doesn't really do much for weight loss but it's extremely detoxifying, or at least I like to think so. So it sums up to 2-3 hours depending on how many classes I do.

I didn't think I had to eat the calories I've "earned" BUT I will start. I work out after work and by the time I'm home I just eat a scoop of nut butter (sometimes with plant-based bread). But that doesn't even exceed the amount of calories I'm supposed to eat daily. Do you suggest I eat the extra calories before or after my work out?

If you are going bother with pre- / post- workout nutrition, it should largely come from protein (specially foods high in leucine) and carbs. Carbs are anti-catabolic and will replenish glycogen stores, and protein will rebuild muscle.

What classes are you doing?
  • mumblemagic
    Options

I am not pushing anything. This is what I do for myself. This is what I consume. I am not adverting alkaline water. Nor am I telling people to stop their treatments. I know what its done for me and my clients. It is not a placebo. That is what I believe. It's what I drink, me. You can continue drinking your acidic, fluoride, mercury, led, and over 1000 other chemically enhanced water. Possibilities are endless. If your approach were less hostile, I would be open to the idea of alkaline water being what your ASSUMING it is. Based on your words alone, I wouldn't believe a thing you say. Calling yourself a scientist over a screen doesn't make you a scientist. Science-enthusiast tend to shun away certain studies because it uses the words like "holistic". I bet you're "disturbed" by plant based lifestyles also. I am not one to shut down scientific facts but you have to keep an open mind and dig deeper. Wikipedia articles can be bad for your health also sweet cheeks. Studies can be prove otherwise. We have the whole internet to prove that. Instead of you belittling people, share your knowledge. If you're just going to make them feel bad about what they think they know.. proceed with your assumptions else where. Thank you very much for your insight. I won't keep it in mind.

By "I am a scientist" I mean I have a phd and work as a scientist. I make decisions about my health by reading peer review journal articles and advice from reputable sources. I do not believe everything I read on Wikipedia.

I am also in the habit of correcting people when they make claims that are not backedup by evidence, which I realise upsets people.

I did not intend to offend with my comments or attack your beliefs and preferences, only to address the innaccuracy of your facts.

Here is a summary article containing links to scientific research on alkaline water:
    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/313681.php

This and the peer reviewed journal articles within is what my comments are based on.

As regards my opinions on hollistic medicine, I am all for it because evidence supports a hollistic approach to health. I also use "Alternative" therapies where evidence supports their efficacy, including acupuncture and meditation. I use quotation marks because i believe alternative medicine that works should just be called medicine.
  • HG210
    HG210 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    How about splitting the time up. Do some in the morning some in the evening.
  • sarabarnett64
    sarabarnett64 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Easy! Become a long distance runner! Summertime I walk 6 miles early morning and run that plus more in the evening! 12 + miles 5/6 days a week. It is not that time consuming! Most people sit on the coach watching tv/on social media and waste 2 hours a day! It is all about time management, no excuses! Eat power greens and plenty of oranges and your body is bursting with energy everyday!
    Today I have 2 hours free to run so hoping to at least get in 8 miles! If you have a goal you will make time to accomplish your goal!
  • Destinychngr
    Destinychngr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I burn 1,000 calories on an elliptical 2 to 3 times a week in an hour - but that's also moving at a 4.0 to 6.0 mph pace.
  • johnwelk
    johnwelk Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I know what its done for me and my clients.
    Unless you have done properly blinded and randomized placebo controlled studies then this conclusion is based on confirmation bias and the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. There is no science to support any benefits of drinkning alkaline water.
    It is not a placebo. That is what I believe.
    Yes it is placebo. No matter what you believe
    You can continue drinking your acidic, fluoride, mercury, led, and over 1000 other chemically enhanced water. Possibilities are endless.
    This is a false dichotomy.
    What's with pseudoscience peddlers and their love affair of logical fallacies?

If your approach were less hostile
    @mumblemagic is just pointing out how wrong you are. How in the world does that make him hostile? What exactly did he say that was hostile?
    I would be open to the idea of alkaline water being what your ASSUMING it is.
    No you're definitely not open to science. Because it would show you are wrong and that would force you to confront the idea that you are a snake oil salesman ripping off your customers. The cognitive dissonance would be quite painful.
    Based on your words alone, I wouldn't believe a thing you say.
    Ad hominem, another logical fallacy.
    Science-enthusiast tend to shun away certain studies because it uses the words like "holistic".
    Wrong again, scientists look at studies and base their conclusions on the merits of the studies. When you say "certain studies" and use "holistic" in your sentence im assuming you mean alternative medicine. Almost all studies on alternative medicine are poorly done, usually poorly controlled, non blinded, non randomized, small n, weak or vague end points, conclusions based on subjective measures.
    I bet you're "disturbed" by plant based lifestyles also.
    This is a red herring.
    You're filling up my daily logical fallacy bingo card.
    I am not one to shut down scientific facts but you have to keep an open mind and dig deeper.
    As @mumblemagic has shown you to be wrong and you have shut down his scientific facts, you have basically shown yourself to be closed minded. You don't want to dig deeper you just want confirmation of your beliefs, science be dammed.
    Wikipedia articles can be bad for your health also sweet cheeks. Studies can be prove otherwise. We have the whole internet to prove that. Instead of you belittling people, share your knowledge.
    Not sure what your point is here but i just want point out that calling someone sweet cheeks is belittling.
    If you're just going to make them feel bad about what they think they know.. proceed with your assumptions else where.
    All @mumblemagic did was correct your misinformation. If that makes you feel bad then get a thicker skin and dont post pseudoscience on a public forum
  • 73Lupito
    73Lupito Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Spinning class and one good cardio class like a kick boxing class.