Post anything you want (as long as it follows MFP guidelines)

Options

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I've called a realtor.

For you, the ghosts or the bat?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    I've called a realtor.

The ghosts can stay. The bat has to go. He's locked in the library while I just sit here knowing he's in there waiting for animal control to call back.

I would probably have to throw a match, run and hope for the best. Especially if that thing was a huge spider!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    I've called a realtor.

The ghosts can stay. The bat has to go. He's locked in the library while I just sit here knowing he's in there waiting for animal control to call back.

in the library you say? He's probably reading up on how to kill you!

jl02iakytrqc.jpg

By now, he has probably invited friends.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    This feels like a 1970's board game....

It's the bat in the library with a flame thrower.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    This is what it feels like when god hates you.

You forgot to capitalize God.

Now you're really screwed.
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Back in my fire fighting days, I had to remove a rattle snake from a lady's house. I wasnt rewarded...
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    q8cvkeni32po.jpg

Sweet Christ. I got a broom because I thought he was dead. He's NOT dead.

OMG...WTF is that?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    Back in my fire fighting days, I had to remove a rattle snake from a lady's house. I wasnt rewarded...

You mean she wasn't nice enough to pet the snake afterwards? Right?
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I would die a thousand deaths if I saw a bat in my house.
  • BW__NOT
    BW__NOT Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Bats are great....on the grill
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I like bats. They eat tons of mosquitoes. I have been thinking about getting a bat box for outside.

How do you think the bat go inside? Do you think it will leave the way it came in?

You have four good options:

Option 1: Open all the windows and doors - bats have good echolocation, and it may realize the window or door is open, and simply fly out.

Option 2: Catch it with a butterfly net. This is actually pretty hard, especially if it's on the wing. You might want to wait for it to land, and then net it. Be careful to close the top of the net and not crush the fragile bat, and then bring it outside and let it go.

Option 3: Trap it in tupperware or a jar, bowl, bucket, etc. Wait for it to land, exhausted, and then carefully place the tupperware over the bat against a wall or floor, and then slide a piece of paper between the wall and tupperware, and you've got the bat trapped. Bring it outside.

Option 4: Smother it in a blanket - drap a blanket over the bat, and then gently bunch it up and bring it outside and let it go. Remember, bats have very fragile bones in their wings, so be careful not to injure it. You can even remove it with thick leather gloves. You just don't want to get bitten. Bat's aren't aggressive, but if you're grabbing one, it'll defend itself.

http://www.wildlife-removal.com/batinhouse.html
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    sjun15zfuvnw.jpg
    fezztix35nzo.jpg

I was about to ask if this was you or animal control then I noticed the hairy arm. Now, I am most certain it was you! :D

This discussion has been closed.