How did I gain instead of loosing??

Options
2»

Replies

• Amber_7556
    Amber_7556 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Your logging is all over the shop. Might want to look into tightening that up.
    Hey , sorry what do you mean by that? English is not my first language.
  • Amber_7556
    Options
    Did you move your scales? that affects the reading and can make reading vary greatly...
    Umm yes , it's usually under the bed lol then you slide it out and weight. I have kids it's gonna be in pieces if I let it stay out in open
  • Amber_7556
    Options
    kendi0 wrote: »
    I think you do not log your food properly. you log about 350-700 kcal per day, it is not possible/realistic. And, if is true, that calories aren't enough to fuel you to work out properly and it0s not healthy for sure.
    you've said that you use a food scale, but the majority of foods that you've logged are measured per unit, portion, spoons, etc. Finally, you have logged foods like "fried eggs": to be more accurate, you have to log the egg and the amount of fat/oil you've actually used to fry/souté it.
    Moreover, you did not mention your weight/height and how much weight you want to lose.
    Hope it can help.
    Hey I'm not sure it would show that way for you? I m never that far below, sometimes just 200 or 300 below my goal , and I look for things in database and select from there, isn't that how we log ? I create my own recipes when I can't find in database, I will keep in mind to add individual ingredients from now
  • Amber_7556
    Options
    Clarewho wrote: »
    In addition to some of the points above - are you using the same scales to weigh yourself as you did at outset? Same time of day with/out clothes? If its a digital scale have you checked the batteries? And is it on the same (non-carpet) surface as it was first time?
    Oh didn't even think about that. Would day and time also matter?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    masoompna wrote: »
    In addition to some of the points above - are you using the same scales to weigh yourself as you did at outset? Same time of day with/out clothes? If its a digital scale have you checked the batteries? And is it on the same (non-carpet) surface as it was first time?

Time of day matters. Be consistent with when you do it. The best time is in the morning on an empty stomach, straight after going to the toilet.
  • omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Sorry buggy quote

• omakase619
    Options
    @masoompna you should keep track of how many hours of sleep you get. Try to get 8-9 hrs. I don't know what it is but not getting enough sleep will hinder your results
  • omakase619
    Options

Yes your lightest weight would be right when u wake up. Clothes and phones will add 3lbs too.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    First, weigh at the same time of day under the same conditions (same clothes or no clothes, etc.).

Second, moving your scale isn't the best idea, but if it's unavoidable at least make sure it's on the same place in the floor every time. Also, try to put it on a hard and flat surface (no carpet).

Third, are you sure the batteries in the scale are good? If you're not sure, try replacing them. When the batteries start to die, scales can do strange things.

After that, I'd suggest trying to log more accurately in the next few weeks if you can. It looks like you're using some entries that may not be accurate; for example, instead of choosing an entry for a fried egg, you should enter the egg and the oil as separate entries. Stay away from entries for homemade meals unless you created the recipe yourself using the Recipe Builder tool, because there's almost no chance that the person who created that entry is using the same recipe that you are.

Good luck!
  • jessicastanfill
    jessicastanfill Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Happened to me too! First time dieting and exercising, 15 days in, had lost 5 pounds, then back up 2 pounds over original weight! I'm going to keep at it and assume this is normal. Good luck to you!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Your logging is all over the shop. Might want to look into tightening that up.
    Hey , sorry what do you mean by that? English is not my first language.

I mean your logging is all over the place. You have things logged as "slices" "1 medium" stuff like that. Super inaccurate. Try weighing everything on a food scale and logging that instead.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Make sure you weigh empty stomach empty bladder naked no jewellery (at least not heavy pieces). It also depends if you are a woman (which im assuming) where you are in your cycle. A lot of it is water I'm sure. Make sure you are measuring food such as nuts, cheese etc. And logging everything even sugar free drinks etc.
  • sarajenivieve
    sarajenivieve Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey 2 weeks ago, So this is my 15 day landmark , I expected to lose at least one pound if not more, and I weighed myself to actually gain 10 whooping pounds?? How did that happen. I workout 3 time or more in a week, I log my calories everyday. This is very depressing

Feel your pain, I do. After a large weight loss for the first two weeks I woke up today(day 15) and the scale tells me I've actually gained weight. WTF :s

It's probably water weight or something.

probably not in the case of the op due to length of time, but if you went down a lot and thenup a bit have you measured yourself?
    muscle is denser than fat so often people go up a little in the begining or dip then go up when theyve built muscle and the weight aspect usually evens out in a week u always weigh and measure
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I took a quick peek at your diary and you are logging but may not be picking the best options. For example I saw one item that was just Banana - 1 banana. If you weigh the banana and then find a banana option that has weights as an option (grams are best) then you can put in the weight of the banana, I find a good way to find them is to look for the USDA version - those usually give an option to add weight in grams - if it is 100 gram option and the banana weighs 124 grams when you way it, enter it as 1.24 servings to get a more accurate count.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    If your scale is digital, check that the batteries are fresh. Also, given that you put the scale away every day and pull it out again--try to put it in the exact same spot, on a hard (tile or wood) floor (not carpet). Weigh yourself, move the scale a few inches, weigh again--just to see that the readings are consistent. I usually weigh 3 separate consecutive times just to be certain.
  • nomorepuke
    nomorepuke Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend that you measure your body fat percentage. Some digital scales show you how much you gained muscles and lost fat percentage. If you're working out you maybe gaining muscles which is what you should look forward. Dieting isn't supposed to mean "starving". If you starve yourself, your metabolism will slow down and your body will keep the body fat as an emergency mode. Do cardio only couple of days a week, weight lifting is the way to go. Weight lifting increases your metabolism and muscles. Avoid high sugary fruits that contain a lot of carbs. Eat green vegetables that grow above the ground. Eat products that contain a lot of protein. Avoid artificial sweeteners or products that have a "diet" label on them. At this stage, you should lower your carbs at any cost. Hope it helps.
    I have started my journey about the same time you did, lost 5% body fat and gained muscles.
  • Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Accurately count your calories and my advice to everyone is don't eat your workout calories. You'll find a number that works for you eventually, stick with it. Then after that stop's working so well you will need to think about macronutrients