• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Do your hating somewhere else.
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I get it. I hated it / myself for a long time, too.

One day I realized that I was just doing life the best that I knew how, and that throughout it all my body was there keeping me going. (My body was a symptom, perhaps like an addiction is for an addict.) This may sound strange, but I started feeling a little sorry for my body -- assuming that it wanted to be healthy and vibrant but couldn't. But I was not blaming myself or feeling guilty. Really, I was doing the best I could. I started feeling grateful and appreciative for my body, taking care of me under some difficult circumstances. That "flipped" a switch for me -- love replaced hate. I am a lot more gentler with myself now. I do the best I can. And, then my body started changing. Miracles happen in a space of love.
  • cadyq
    cadyq Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You should love your body, that needs to inspire you to better it and take care of it!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I hate my body too, OP.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    why do you hate your body
    is there parts that you do like
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Ok, thanks for sharing. ;)
  • Nevada
    Nevada Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, for real. This kind of stuff needs to be worked through and solved to be happy. We all would not be here if we thought our bodies were perfect. I prefer "needs improvement" to hate. Lots of good advice above. Best wishes to you.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    If you hate your body as it is now, then you're the only one who can change it.

If you are overweight or obese, you are the one who put yourself here, now it is time to undo all the damage you've done. It is NEVER too late, the sooner you start, the sooner you will start seeing improvements. Your future is 100% in your hands, you can waste your time wallowing in regret and self pity and never getting anywhere, or you can pull yourself up from your bootstraps and make today day 1 of the rest of your fabulous life :smile:
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    You only have the one, so work with what you've got. Is there something specific you don't like? Change takes hard work. Are you willing to do it?
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Identify three things you like about your body. Appreciate them every day. Could be anything- eyes, that cute freckle, hair color, your pinky toe. Do it, it's fun!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I'm going to tell you the same thing my husband used to tell me: "you're the only one that can do anything about it." Harsh, but true.
  • MagneticGanymede
    MagneticGanymede Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Your words are powerful- positive or negative. Both the words you say to others and the words you say to yourself.
    My favorite CBT exercise- write down your self talk and ask yourself if you would say it to a close friend that you love. If your answer is- no way, that's so harsh and mean- then why is it ok to say that to yourself? I love my body, it's not perfect, I'm not perfect. I love improving myself.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I hated my body when i was overweight too, who doesn't, right? But i did something about it, and now i am no longer overweight.

I'm assuming it's your weight you hate??? As you didn't provide any info in your post, all we can do is play guessing games which is no help to anyone...