I just don't get the hype....

Replies

• Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    The Wizard of Oz has a pretty deep message despite the cuteness of Munchkinland & the red shoes. It scared the crap out of me as a kid. Now I burst into tears when I hear Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

I agree about football & pumpkin spice anything.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    edited January 2017
    Tallawah_ wrote: »
    dantew04 wrote: »
    .... Honest but respectful (hopefully) here: film everyone raved about that you "just didn't get?" - was "La La Land" Blah-Blah Land to you? Not quite loving Oreos when everyone else is? Were you screaming WHY when Leo finally won that overdue Oscar? Be it programme, food, clothing label, invention...whatever...

What did you not get the big hype about?

I have a few, but I will begin with Christopher Nolan's version of Batman. The final film I liked, but the first two....they failed to leave an impression and I felt like the only person to not be crazy about them. Preferred Tim Burton's version.

What???? What's wrong with you!?!?!?!?! :wink:

To be fair Burton's version wasn't bad but Nolan's version is better in every department!!! Even Heath Ledger managed to outdo Jack Nicholson.

For me...Nolan managed to get more depth into his characters, Catwoman and Bane included. He definately got closest to the original Batman character. He got that he was really being a brooding, vengeful and nasty if necessary vigilante rather than the hero he was portrayed as up to that point.
    .... Honest but respectful (hopefully) here: film everyone raved about that you "just didn't get?" - was "La La Land" Blah-Blah Land to you? Not quite loving Oreos when everyone else is? Were you screaming WHY when Leo finally won that overdue Oscar? Be it programme, food, clothing label, invention...whatever...

I have a few, but I will begin with Christopher Nolan's version of Batman. The final film I liked, but the first two....they failed to leave an impression and I felt like the only person to not be crazy about them. Preferred Tim Burton's version.

To be fair Burton's version wasn't bad but Nolan's version is better in every department!!! Even Heath Ledger managed to outdo Jack Nicholson.

For me...Nolan managed to get more depth into his characters, Catwoman and Bane included. He definately got closest to the original Batman character. He got that he was really being a brooding, vengeful and nasty if necessary vigilante rather than the hero he was portrayed as up to that point.

I agree. Hands down 'The Dark Knight' is the best Batman ever (I think it was just voted one of the Top 5 movies of all time, actually). It fleshed out every character in a way that had never been done before. And Heath Ledger was epic.

OP as far as hype goes I will say the following are not what they're cracked up to be
    This is Us
    Stevia (eww, gives everything a bizarre bitter taste)
    Halo Top (sadness in a carton)
    Cats (total kittens)
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »
    Benedict Cumberbatch

Lots of ppl are into him and he is the fugliest. To be fair I've never watched anything he was in so maybe that's where I've missed the charm?

He's kind of sweet in a very posh Brit way but his face is strange.

He is a brilliant actor though.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Johnny Depp hahaha

THANK YOU!!!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Timshel_ wrote: »

Everything and anything reality TV, and actually most TV shows.

this.

100% this.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member

I agree. Hands down 'The Dark Knight' is the best Batman ever (I think it was just voted one of the Top 5 movies of all time, actually). It fleshed out every character in a way that had never been done before. And Heath Ledger was epic.

OP as far as hype goes I will say the following are not what they're cracked up to be
    This is Us
    Stevia (eww, gives everything a bizarre bitter taste)
    Halo Top (sadness in a carton)
    Cats (total kittens)

Halo Top!! What? The key is let it start to melt and it tastes just like regular ice cream.

The bank robber and interrogation scenes make The Dark Knight awesome. Sometimes I watch just those scenes and turn the movie off.
  • legsnbacon
    legsnbacon Posts: 122 Member
    legsnbacon wrote: »
    coffee

YOU shut YOUR mouth

Make me!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    Johnny Depp hahaha

THANK YOU!!!

Channing Tatum too

I don't get the appeal.

His neck is the same size as his head. Gross

Thank you guys! I say this all the time and my friends think something is wrong with me. He just doesn't do it for me at all. I laughed all the way through Magic Mike.