I just don't get the hype....

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Facials. Like your face isn't really going to change.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

So not where my mind went with this... I personally love a good facial. :o
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Facials. Like your face isn't really going to change.

uhhhhhh.... backing away from this one

the-best-funny-pictures-of-gifs-describing-first-sexual-expereience-seinfeld-ketchup.gif

I know what you are trying to do....

john-calipari-provides-for-one-of-the-best-gifs-ever-against-ole-miss.gif

I didn't say I didn't like it

giphy.gif
  • daniellek30
    daniellek30 Posts: 171 Member
    Walking Dead, Game of Thrones.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Coffee, chocolate, Uggs, reality TV
    I guess I am not a real white girl
    MadMaxV8 wrote: »
    Wine. Overrated.

I was going to say this, but I feared the wrath that might come down upon me.

Ummm, you and I need to talk missy. ;)
  • cphillpot
    cphillpot Posts: 19 Member
    The Suicide Squad movie. I saw it. It had its moments. But overall I'd give it a C-.
    I agree with those who said Pumpkin Spice. Peppermint Mocha is way better.
  • letme1
    letme1 Posts: 522 Member
    Reality TV in general
  • dwulet130
    dwulet130 Posts: 108 Member
    People who get offended when you don't like something. (and no, I'm not referring to this thread).

Chocolate is mediocre. You should be happy that there's more for you.
  • cphillpot
    cphillpot Posts: 19 Member
    Oh and Fireball Whiskey. Yuck.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    cphillpot wrote: »
    Oh and Fireball Whiskey. Yuck.

yes!
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    I'd have to say Westworld. I binge watched it over Christmas break and just found it boring.
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    Tallawah_ wrote: »
    dantew04 wrote: »
    .... Honest but respectful (hopefully) here: film everyone raved about that you "just didn't get?" - was "La La Land" Blah-Blah Land to you? Not quite loving Oreos when everyone else is? Were you screaming WHY when Leo finally won that overdue Oscar? Be it programme, food, clothing label, invention...whatever...

What did you not get the big hype about?

I have a few, but I will begin with Christopher Nolan's version of Batman. The final film I liked, but the first two....they failed to leave an impression and I felt like the only person to not be crazy about them. Preferred Tim Burton's version.

What???? What's wrong with you!?!?!?!?! :wink:

To be fair Burton's version wasn't bad but Nolan's version is better in every department!!! Even Heath Ledger managed to outdo Jack Nicholson.

For me...Nolan managed to get more depth into his characters, Catwoman and Bane included. He definately got closest to the original Batman character. He got that he was really being a brooding, vengeful and nasty if necessary vigilante rather than the hero he was portrayed as up to that point.
    Tallawah_ wrote: »
    dantew04 wrote: »
    .... Honest but respectful (hopefully) here: film everyone raved about that you "just didn't get?" - was "La La Land" Blah-Blah Land to you? Not quite loving Oreos when everyone else is? Were you screaming WHY when Leo finally won that overdue Oscar? Be it programme, food, clothing label, invention...whatever...

What did you not get the big hype about?

I have a few, but I will begin with Christopher Nolan's version of Batman. The final film I liked, but the first two....they failed to leave an impression and I felt like the only person to not be crazy about them. Preferred Tim Burton's version.

What???? What's wrong with you!?!?!?!?! :wink:

To be fair Burton's version wasn't bad but Nolan's version is better in every department!!! Even Heath Ledger managed to outdo Jack Nicholson.

For me...Nolan managed to get more depth into his characters, Catwoman and Bane included. He definately got closest to the original Batman character. He got that he was really being a brooding, vengeful and nasty if necessary vigilante rather than the hero he was portrayed as up to that point.

I agree. Hands down 'The Dark Knight' is the best Batman ever (I think it was just voted one of the Top 5 movies of all time, actually). It fleshed out every character in a way that had never been done before. And Heath Ledger was epic.

OP as far as hype goes I will say the following are not what they're cracked up to be
    This is Us
    Stevia (eww, gives everything a bizarre bitter taste)
    Halo Top (sadness in a carton)
    Cats (total kittens)

Wait wait wait!
    You don't like cats!?

I agree. Cats suck. Twitter/Snapchat and I agree about nutella. What's the point.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Pretty much anything that is trendy and thus over-hyped...
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    All these Marvel movies. We don't need a new one every month! Generally, how focused on action and visual effects movies have become. Every time I go see a movie in a theater, I end up wanting to go back home and watch something classic in black and white with well-developed characters and strong dialogue.

As has been said, football. Yawn.

Whiskey. Coffee. Kale (which I like, but I'm not eating it every meal!).

Ariana Grande.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    I'm beginning to understand why no one wants to watch TV with me

Trying being naked while you do it. You might get some offers then.

That's what got me banned from the Midtown Cinema

Try that cinema that Pee Wee Herman frequents.

Who?

How do you not know who Pee Wee Herman is>>>>