I'm not growing for some odd reason!

Options
Okay I do mixed martial arts and I been working out for 4 years Now I do a lot of bodyweight training and cardio despite all of that I'm still weak and my bodies strength just wont grow my muscles won't grow I do a lot if weighted push ups and dips and alot of modified workouts to get stronger but for some odd reason my body won't heal or get stronger or grow. I sprint and run a lot but it seems like I get slower and slower. Also I have medical conditions like blood disorders and other things. I workout more then anyone in my neighborhood or anyone around me because where I live people don't really workout at all but yet they are still stronger then me. Please can someone explain what's going on with my body and why it won't grow or get stronger and build more mass? Thank you!

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Are you eating to support the activity? Gotta eat more to grow and get stronger.
  • taylorblade
    taylorblade Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Are you eating to support the activity? Gotta eat more to grow and get stronger.

I'm not sure to be honest I mean..... I do eat a lot but I don't know if its enough.
  • usmcmp
    Options

I'm not sure to be honest I mean..... I do eat a lot but I don't know if its enough.

Set your goal here to maintain, just as a baseline, and log your food. When people complain they aren't making gains it's either because they aren't eating enough or they aren't following a progressive overload plan. It could be that you need to drop the body weight stuff and go lift. It's also hard for your body to get bigger, faster, and stronger at the same time without added chemical help (the illegal kind).
  • taylorblade
    Options

Set your goal here to maintain, just as a baseline, and log your food. When people complain they aren't making gains it's either because they aren't eating enough or they aren't following a progressive overload plan. It could be that you need to drop the body weight stuff and go lift. It's also hard for your body to get bigger, faster, and stronger at the same time without added chemical help (the illegal kind).

Why must I have illegal chemicals?
  • usmcmp
    Options

I'm saying that you might be forced at some point to decide if you want to be bigger/stronger or faster.
  • taylorblade
    Options

I'm saying that you might be forced at some point to decide if you want to be bigger/stronger or faster.

I mean I do take workout supplements.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

What has your body-weight done in the past 3 months?

What kind of resistance training are you doing? Post your routine.
  • usmcmp
    Options

If you aren't eating enough or if you aren't getting the appropriate exercise for your goal then a supplement isn't going to do anything.
  • taylorblade
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »

Okay this is how my routine looks I get up in the morning stretch and do a couple of set of push ups till I fatigue. Then I go running and jump roping I do push ups along the way. I do dips and pull ups. I do burpees and mountain climbers.
  • taylorblade
    Options

If you aren't eating enough or if you aren't getting the appropriate exercise for your goal then a supplement isn't going to do anything.

(Sigh) I understand.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Your post history suggests that you have been working with a variety of concerns for a while now. Have you managed to incorporate some of the suggestions from before? Rest days, for example.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Okay this is how my routine looks I get up in the morning stretch and do a couple of set of push ups till I fatigue. Then I go running and jump roping I do push ups along the way. I do dips and pull ups. I do burpees and mountain climbers.

What has your body-weight done in the past 3 months.

How many chin ups were you doing weekly last month and how many do you do weekly this month?
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Might want to get your testosterone level checked.

Then you'll at least find out what you're naturally working with. :) There's going to be a limit.
  • ishmallow
    ishmallow Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Eat more and get a gym membership. Seriously lol. Lift weights.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

That sounds like cardio...
  • taylorblade
    Options

Your "workouts" are cardio based or light bodyweight exercises. To build muscle you need a calorie surplus and a progressive weight training programme. The big MMA fighters you see, lift heavy weights (and are probably on drugs).

Yes sir.
  • taylorblade
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Your post history suggests that you have been working with a variety of concerns for a while now. Have you managed to incorporate some of the suggestions from before? Rest days, for example.

Yes kinda
  • taylorblade
    Options

What has your body-weight done in the past 3 months.

How many chin ups were you doing weekly last month and how many do you do weekly this month?

I did 10 because I haven't done them in a while
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    What are your protein grams at per day? How much do you weigh? Height? How many calories are you consuming a day?