Weight loss trick

Options
Drinking apple cider vinegar with lemon juice & 8oz of water 3x's a day can actually help you lose weight faster then usual. The apple cider vinegar must be unfiltered , raw, & with the mother. Most recommended brand for the apple cider vinegar would be Braggs. The lemon juice must be organic any brand would be fine.
2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
Cup with 8oz of water
Mix the vinegar & lemon juice together
Drink it first thing in the morning
Before lunch
Before dinner (most effective this way)
Or you can just drink it 3x's throughout your day.
You can go on youtube , & google for more information based on this weight lost drink. http://www.medicaldaily.com/apple-cider-vinegar-diet-weight-loss-drinking-meals-improves-digestion-gut-399220

I personally use this myself , I lost 10lbs in a matter of 2 weeks using this magic drink lol. Being consistent & not eating bad does show results in a matter of days. Also, this drink does have health benefits besides losing weight. As in, washing toxins out of your system, energy booster, preventing bloating, & much more. I've tried multiple drinks , & ways to lose weight. But none of them really revealed results , like the apple cider vinegar & lemon juice drink did. The taste of the vinegar isn't bad as I assumed it would be. After 3-4 days drinking the ACV drink the taste wasn't strong as before. Please make sure you use 8oz of water ! ACV & lemon juice are very acidic , must be diluted. Not drinking water with ACV can be very harmful to your health. Please be aware. This all I know based on MY research , I am no doctor . So please do you're own research & hope this works out for you guys too!

Replies

• vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    ACV does wonders for your hair totally off topic !
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Drinking apple cider vinegar with lemon juice & 8oz of water 3x's a day can actually help you lose weight faster then usual. The apple cider vinegar must be unfiltered , raw, & with the mother. Most recommended brand for the apple cider vinegar would be Braggs. The lemon juice must be organic any brand would be fine.
    Cup with 8oz of water
    Before lunch
    You can go on youtube , & google for more information based on this weight lost drink. http://www.medicaldaily.com/apple-cider-vinegar-diet-weight-loss-drinking-meals-improves-digestion-gut-399220

I personally use this myself , I lost 10lbs in a matter of 2 weeks using this magic drink lol. Being consistent & not eating bad does show results in a matter of days. Also, this drink does have health benefits besides losing weight. As in, washing toxins out of your system, energy booster, preventing bloating, & much more. I've tried multiple drinks , & ways to lose weight. But none of them really revealed results , like the apple cider vinegar & lemon juice drink did. The taste of the vinegar isn't bad as I assumed it would be. After 3-4 days drinking the ACV drink the taste wasn't strong as before. Please make sure you use 8oz of water ! ACV & lemon juice are very acidic , must be diluted. Not drinking water with ACV can be very harmful to your health. Please be aware. This all I know based on MY research , I am no doctor . So please do you're own research & hope this works out for you guys too!

So why and how is it more effective before dinner?
  • dhermanlmt
    dhermanlmt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Claims of “Drink this, lose weight!” generally sound too good to be true for a reason. One recent study of 14 people showed that those who drank a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar mixed with 8 ounces of water before a meal had lower blood glucose levels. This may be because vinegar interfered with the body’s digestion of starch. “By blocking digestion of starch, that would result in a calorie reduction of your meal,” Cimperman says. “So that’s possibly where [those weight claims] came from, but it’s hard for me to say.” Other minor studies have shown similar benefits, but Cimperman says weight loss claims, “often grow out of a very small study that gets blown out of proportion.”
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Cup with 8oz of water
    Before lunch

so how about you drink it and eat what you want and how much you want, and come back and let us know how it worked.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Drinking vinegar and lemon juice 3x a day is hard on your teeth's enamel.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    You lost me at "The apple cider vinegar must be unfiltered , raw, & with the mother. " What the heck does that mean, other than a bad copy/paste job? Do some proper research before you start spreading more fake info.

"With the mother" is actually a thing, I'm afraid. It refers to raw, unfiltered organic ACV which is found only in certain brands. It is the magic that makes ACV such a miracle worker. <insert extreme eye rolly here> The stuff you buy in the big plastic bottles at the grocery store just doesn't cut it, I'm afraid. It's way too unpretentious and thrifty to qualify.

Here's a link for those who'd like to read further about "the mother":

https://wellnessmama.com/121495/apple-cider-vinegar-mother/

And just in case my eye rolly wasn't clear enough, ACV (with or without the illustrious mother) is only good for use in certain recipes (pulled pork or as part of a salad dressing) and has no proven health benefits and a lot of proven health detriments when used as a really disgusting drink to allegedly aid in weight loss. The only weight loss potential I've ever heard about that's directly attributable to drinking ACV is those people who were so nauseated by it that food was the last thing they wanted. ;)
  • mcraw75
    mcraw75 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    All I know is your teeth will rot and your esophagus will bleed if you continue to drink that much ACV and lemon juice. Good luck with that.
  • vanessamolano
    vanessamolano Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    mcraw75 wrote: »
    All I know is your teeth will rot and your esophagus will bleed if you continue to drink that much ACV and lemon juice. Good luck with that.

That's why you drink water with it. To dilute the ACV & lemon juice. But over doing yes it can become a problem.

• vanessamolano
    vanessamolano Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Cup with 8oz of water
    Before lunch

so how about you drink it and eat what you want and how much you want, and come back and let us know how it worked.
    Cup with 8oz of water
    Before lunch

Actually I have. I lost 5lbs in one week without using a calorie intake. I ate regular. But don't think you can eat straight junk & expect weight loss.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Cup with 8oz of water
    Before lunch

So why and how is it more effective before dinner?

Actually, it has shown to keep blood glucose levels more stable in diabetics...how that extrapolates out to losing weight, I'll never no. A glass of wine does the same thing though...
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    its a scam, they steal peoples weight loss pictures and videos claiming thats how these people lost weight, when in reality those people exercised and ate less. a friend of mine has been having issues with them stealing her instagram photos, making new profiles, pretending to be her and claiming she lost weight with that apple cider crap. but enjoy that nasty stuff, it wont help.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Hey guys , like I said this is based on information I've read upon through google & youtube. & yes I have used it without calorie intake & did lose weight. Everyone is different. So not everyone will get the same exact results. I've lost 5.8lbs in one week alone drinking the ACV & I was not dieting at that time. When I said you must get the ACV raw, unfiltered & with the mother is because it contains proteins, enzymes & friendly bacteria . I've tried this myself like I stated before & it has worked very well. Like I said please do your own research before you guys jump into conclusions on the ACV drink. I revealed about this drink to help others with there weight loss. You guys have the freedom to believe what you guys want to believe. I was just trying to help others that's all. All I know is that I LOVE ACV drink. It's helping me a lot with my weight loss journey. I know how hard it can become trying to lose weight, this drink will help you in the process of your weight loss! If you've never used it, don't shut it down. Give it a chance atleast. Make sure you guys gather you're own information based on the Before trying it out. BRAGGS is the brand most recommended. Good luck everyone xoxo!

Bragg is the brand most recommended because their own website is the source of most of this derp surrounding ACV. They are, after all, in the business of selling as much of it as they can.

I have tried it. It was nasty and did nothing for my weight loss. And science-based publications (instead of the manufacturer's obviously biased website and a few random youtube videos) agree with me, too. :)

I'm piggy-backing off of this since it seems OP edited some of her posts.

In regards to:
    I revealed about this drink to help others with there weight loss. You guys have the freedom to believe what you guys want to believe. I was just trying to help others that's all.

Please understand that providing "information" like the OP in an effort to help people is not really all that helpful. We know your heart was in the right place, and we appreciate that you felt like you wanted to help people.

The thing is, there is so much misinformation out there about weight loss. So many fad diets, so many derpy bloggers (Food Babe, anyone?) that spread fear mongering and pseudoscience. So many magic potions and pills. It's hard when people have no idea what they're doing and they think that weight loss is this incredibly hard task that involves all of these crazy rules.

Then they come to MFP.

In the forums, we have stickied posts in the subforums that are full of great, science-based information on how weight loss *actually* works. When we see posts like this one, we want to dispel any misinformation that may be presented, since there are many newbies in here who are just getting started on their journey and have probably been reading all of the woo about weight loss. We want to make sure that the people in the forums are receiving accurate information, which is what is going to benefit people the most.

If no one came in to dispel posts like this one, we'd have a forum full of people spinning their wheels and going about things all the wrong way.

It's not your fault that you believe this ACV concoction works - the people who push this stuff are really good at marketing and make their arguments sound really convincing. I just hope that you can read the responses at face value and take the information to heart. Because we really are trying to help. :smile:
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    JenHuedy wrote: »
    Please make sure you use 8oz of water ! ACV & lemon juice are very acidic , must be diluted. Not drinking water with ACV can be very harmful to your health. Please be aware. This all I know based on MY research , I am no doctor . So please do you're own research & hope this works out for you guys too!

That bold part's one that I hadn't heard before. I can't believe that my city doesn't add apple cider vinegar to the water supply like chlorine and fluoride to prevent "very harmful" (yet vague) health problems! They could cure the obesity epidemic!

I'm going to quit drinking plain water until I can get my hands on the proper ACV. Amazon will deliver in two days. I'm sure dehydration is a lesser risk than drinking water without vinegar. /sarc

Just when i thought I'd seen it all. Good grief.

*I don't agree with what OP is claiming*. However, you are missing what she is saying. She is not saying "Not drinking ACV when you drink water can be harmful" but the other way around "Not diluting ACV with water and drinking straight ACV and lemon juice can be harmful. It must be taken with water."

I hear from a lot of folks that ACV helps them with digestion if they have chronic digestive issues. They take this before eating a lot of fiber. Have not heard of anything legitimate concerning weight loss.

The "mother" in ACV is the particles (of something? I don't know what) at the bottom of the jar. Filtered ACV does not have this. ACV WITH mother has great benefits for hair when applied topically but still, have not heard anything about consuming it.

Just wanted to clear up so misunderstandings people were having.