The Mom Bod

Options
2»

Replies

• M3LTxo
    M3LTxo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes! After 3 kid and 3 C-Sections my body has take on a whole different shape than before. Definitely the lower tummy pooch. And there is something going on with my belly button, lol. It looks sad now.

if mine had eyes it would look like a scream mask :D
  • karleeggarner
    karleeggarner Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »

@karleeggarner Can you share what you've been doing? Because my hips have always been the bane of my existence!

I don't know how to describe them? Maybe just search for hip exercises. I know one thing is called the clamshell. Also you can lay on your side, bend the bottom leg and leave the top leg straight and slow lift up and down (don't need to lift it high to feel the burn). Also lay on your back and slowly lift a straight leg up and down. I started with 3 sets of 10 reps. Now I use 1 lb ankle weights at PT but at home I just up the reps, first to 12 and now I'm getting 15 in. Hope that helps. There are other things too if you just google it
  • karleeggarner
    karleeggarner Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    @yayamom3 I also like doing this quick video at home. Works the upper legs and butt and hips

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/leg-slimming-pilates-butt-and-thigh-workout-to-lift-glutes-and-tone-thighs
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I found that I had more fluff in the lower tummy/hips/thighs areas after my kids - was able to lose it all after I got to goal weight after my first baby (around 120 lbs/5'5"). I'm about 5 lbs from that now after #2 and I've noticed it going away again finally, so it may just require losing weight until your body lets go of that area. Exercise helped with toning everything too (I did a mix of cardio/circuit training/hot yoga/weights/etc). Good luck! :)
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I just had more fat in the same places postpartum. I did have fat arms for the first time but that's just because I was bigger everywhere. It's not permanent. I'm in better shape now than I was pre-pregnancy. You might need to change what workouts you are doing. I do have a little loose skin on my abs but considering I was pregnant in my 40s, not bad.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    It is very odd that I had larger hips before getting pregnant.. as I lost my postpartum weight most of it came off my hips, and my tummy was the last to go. It takes a lot of time. For me patience + deficit + strength training helped.
  • Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    For those here who have C-sections, does anyone have a transverse and traditional incision on their uterus? This is a major issue for me as my core strengthening and ab workouts will never be intense.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Yes! Before kids...and well, even after my first that I had young and before my 2nd, my BF was pretty evenly distributed I think. Of course, I didn't have much of it, so that may have been part of it. After the second kid, it sits right below my belly button and on the insides of my thighs. I can get rid of the belly fat fairly easily if I'm consistent in watching what I eat, but the leg fat I can't get rid of without going too scrawny up top. Strength training has really firmed them up though and I don't have any cellulite anymore at least.
  • Dar_Line86
    Dar_Line86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I HATE the lower belly pooch! Its so hard to get rid of. I've literally done over a hundred sit ups and 2 minute planks a day... that thing just loves to draw attention to itself no matter what.
  • mom23mangos
    Options
    Dar_Line86 wrote: »
    Ugh! I HATE the lower belly pooch! Its so hard to get rid of. I've literally done over a hundred sit ups and 2 minute planks a day... that thing just loves to draw attention to itself no matter what.

sit ups and planks aren't going to help the belly pouch since it's fat. Just lowering your overall body fat will. Mine doesn't go away until sub 16% bf.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    The big thing I noticed is that I am a half inch shorter. It's like my daughter sucked the calcium out of my bones. I want my half inch back!
  • cphillpot
    cphillpot Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    The big thing I noticed is that I am a half inch shorter. It's like my daughter sucked the calcium out of my bones. I want my half inch back!

I swear the twins did this to me! I was literally drinking half a gallon of milk a day when I was in my third trimester! It was my only craving. Just alllll the milk.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    cphillpot wrote: »

I swear the twins did this to me! I was literally drinking half a gallon of milk a day when I was in my third trimester! It was my only craving. Just alllll the milk.

I drank so much milk too. I had not really been a milk drinker before that so it was really a new thing.
  • Dar_Line86
    Dar_Line86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

sit ups and planks aren't going to help the belly pouch since it's fat. Just lowering your overall body fat will. Mine doesn't go away until sub 16% bf.

Hmmm...?
  • mom23mangos
    Options

Hmmm...?

Not sure the question?
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    cphillpot wrote: »

I also lost around 1/2 an inch (but at 6 foot 1, I had the 1/2 inch to lose.) Twins also. Though I've never liked milk, and the thought of it made me sick while pregnant. I really had to be careful to get enough calcium.
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Also on the belly pooch - if I didn't have one (C-section) I would easily fit in pants that are 2 sizes smaller.
  • jenhitt
    jenhitt Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Also on the belly pooch - if I didn't have one (C-section) I would easily fit in pants that are 2 sizes smaller.

Ditto. I'm always afraid when I'm at the grocery store they're going to think I'm trying to shoplift a cantaloupe.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    So much yes to the weight distribution. I'm within 5 pounds of my pre-pregnant weight and it's all moved around. FWIW, my baby turns 14 next month... :blush:
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I've had 4 c sections and I'm currently working on weight loss effort #2. After my first two pregnancies, I lost 60# and had a pooch. Eating clean and strength training helped reduce it dramatically. My boobs deflated though, which I hated. But at least I felt good in a bikini...