I'm not growing for some odd reason!

Options

Replies

• taylorblade
    taylorblade Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    What are your protein grams at per day? How much do you weigh? Height? How many calories are you consuming a day?

I don't really keep track of my protein intake tbh all I know is I eat a lot of things with protein. I way 171 my height is 5,8 my calories are around 2,300 to 2,500
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    For the third time, what has your bodyweight done in the past three months?
  • taylorblade
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    It has went up some pounds.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

I see.

• taylorblade
    Options

I don't think you can be helped. You're far too vague to assist in any kind of way.

What are you talking about? Why every time I post on here one of you members got something negative to say?
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Are you eating to support the activity? Gotta eat more to grow and get stronger.

I'm not sure to be honest I mean..... I do eat a lot but I don't know if its enough.
    Are you eating to support the activity? Gotta eat more to grow and get stronger.

I'm not sure to be honest I mean..... I do eat a lot but I don't know if its enough.

Set your goal here to maintain, just as a baseline, and log your food. When people complain they aren't making gains it's either because they aren't eating enough or they aren't following a progressive overload plan. It could be that you need to drop the body weight stuff and go lift. It's also hard for your body to get bigger, faster, and stronger at the same time without added chemical help (the illegal kind).

Why must I have illegal chemicals?

I'm saying that you might be forced at some point to decide if you want to be bigger/stronger or faster.

I mean I do take workout supplements.

What has your body-weight done in the past 3 months?

What kind of resistance training are you doing? Post your routine.

Okay this is how my routine looks I get up in the morning stretch and do a couple of set of push ups till I fatigue. Then I go running and jump roping I do push ups along the way. I do dips and pull ups. I do burpees and mountain climbers.

Your "workouts" are cardio based or light bodyweight exercises. To build muscle you need a calorie surplus and a progressive weight training programme. The big MMA fighters you see, lift heavy weights (and are probably on drugs).

Yes sir.
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Your post history suggests that you have been working with a variety of concerns for a while now. Have you managed to incorporate some of the suggestions from before? Rest days, for example.

Yes kinda
    What are your protein grams at per day? How much do you weigh? Height? How many calories are you consuming a day?

I don't really keep track of my protein intake tbh all I know is I eat a lot of things with protein. I way 171 my height is 5,8 my calories are around 2,300 to 2,500

Here are some of your responses above.

If you want help, you need to be willing to take the effort to put some time and thought into your responses. It's got nothing to do with being negative, I'm just not going to try and guess at how to help you. That's not beneficial to YOU.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

I don't think you can be helped. You're far too vague to assist in any kind of way.

What are you talking about? Why every time I post on here one of you members got something negative to say?

Without some hard data, it is really hard to offer you any advice. Hard data would be:

- What was your weight 3 months ago? Two months ago? One month ago? Today?
    - How many calories have you been eating (daily average over a week)?

Actual real numbers, not estimated ranges (2300 to 2500.)
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    You probably need to up your protein intake.
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm a woman but I can tell you, LIFT !!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

Set your goal here to maintain, just as a baseline, and log your food. When people complain they aren't making gains it's either because they aren't eating enough or they aren't following a progressive overload plan. It could be that you need to drop the body weight stuff and go lift. It's also hard for your body to get bigger, faster, and stronger at the same time without added chemical help (the illegal kind).

I'm saying that you might be forced at some point to decide if you want to be bigger/stronger or faster.

What she's saying it that bigger/stronger/faster are conflicting goals...get bigger, you're likely to get slower...stronger doesn't necessarily mean bigger, etc. Someone who puts all of that together is likely to have some "other things" going on that might not be so legal.

From what I've read so far, nothing you're doing is really geared towards putting on mass...it actually seems more like random and unfocused and much more cardiovascular oriented than anything. If you want to put on mass, get into the weight room with a solid program and lift and eat. A lot of cardio can interfere with your gains for the simple fact that more cardio = more energy expenditure = that much more you have to eat. Most people I know trying to put on mass focus first and foremost on lifting and do very little cardio...mostly some walking or a short jog.

If you're feeling fatigued, weaker, slower, etc...to me that would suggest underfeeding your activity and likely a lack of adequate rest. Fitness performance and fitness development require proper feeding as well as rest...both are pretty stinkin' important.
  • taylorblade
    Options

Okay this is how my routine looks I get up in the morning stretch and do a couple of set of push ups till I fatigue. Then I go running and jump roping I do push ups along the way. I do dips and pull ups. I do burpees and mountain climbers.

Your "workouts" are cardio based or light bodyweight exercises. To build muscle you need a calorie surplus and a progressive weight training programme. The big MMA fighters you see, lift heavy weights (and are probably on drugs).

Yes sir.
    Your post history suggests that you have been working with a variety of concerns for a while now. Have you managed to incorporate some of the suggestions from before? Rest days, for example.

Yes kinda

If you want help, you need to be willing to take the effort to put some time and thought into your responses. It's got nothing to do with being negative, I'm just not going to try and guess at how to help you. That's not beneficial to YOU.

Stop! Okay stop! I explained the best way I could. If you don't want to help then fine I don't need your help there are others willing to help.
  • taylorblade
    Options
    You probably need to up your protein intake.
    I'm a woman but I can tell you, LIFT !!!

(Sigh) yes ma'am I just need to get me some weights then.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    It's not that people don't want to help, it's that there's not enough information. It's like me asking how long it will take to mow my yard and only telling you it's about an average size yard and I think I have a push mower, but I'm not sure if it's self propelled or not.
  • taylorblade
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

What she's saying it that bigger/stronger/faster are conflicting goals...get bigger, you're likely to get slower...stronger doesn't necessarily mean bigger, etc. Someone who puts all of that together is likely to have some "other things" going on that might not be so legal.

From what I've read so far, nothing you're doing is really geared towards putting on mass...it actually seems more like random and unfocused and much more cardiovascular oriented than anything. If you want to put on mass, get into the weight room with a solid program and lift and eat. A lot of cardio can interfere with your gains for the simple fact that more cardio = more energy expenditure = that much more you have to eat. Most people I know trying to put on mass focus first and foremost on lifting and do very little cardio...mostly some walking or a short jog.

If you're feeling fatigued, weaker, slower, etc...to me that would suggest underfeeding your activity and likely a lack of adequate rest. Fitness performance and fitness development require proper feeding as well as rest...both are pretty stinkin' important.

I understand.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Yes sir.

Yes kinda

Stop! Okay stop! I explained the best way I could. If you don't want to help then fine I don't need your help there are others willing to help.

k
  • DaleLatham1
    DaleLatham1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Short answer - you're not eating enough!

Basically its calories in vs calories out.

If you're expending more than you're consuming then you will lose weight. (DEFICIT)
    If you're expending the same as you're consuming then you will maintain weight. (MAINTENANCE)
    If you're expending less than you're consuming then you will gain weight (SURPLUS) (if this is a moderate surplus and adequate protein is consumed fat gain should be minimal and majority of weight will be muscle mass)

Good luck!
  • DevilsFan1
    DevilsFan1 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Without knowing how much you are eating and what your TDEE is, there is no way anyone can offer you specific advice. We can say "eat more" which is generally correct, but we need to know specifically what your history is, what your workout plan looks like, and what you are putting into your body to give you any better advice. Here is what I would suggest.
    1. Start using MFP to track your calorie and protein intake. Record everything you eat and the exact weight.
    2. Weigh yourself once a week at the same time of day on the sxame scale. No more than that.
    3. Define your fitness goals exactly. Do you want to gain muscle? If so, cut back on the cardio and start lifting heavy weights. Your routine now appears to be entirely cardio and bodyweight exercises. You can lean up with that routine but not gain much muscle at all.
    4. Do all this for three months without fail. Take pictures once a week. Track your progress and refine your plan as necessary

There aren't any shortcuts. You have to know what your goal is and make a plan to attain it. Your goals right now are either non-existent or not defined well enough to know if you are making progress.

Hope this helps.
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,878 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Rule of thumb: weight lifters who aspire to have gains are supposed to consume 2 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight per day. For example, if you are 170 lbs, that would put you at about 77 Kg. 77 times 2 is 154. If you are consuming considerably less than this amount, you won't see a whole lot of gains.