Pizza Dough

Options
2»

Replies

• Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I made this tonight for the family. Homemade crust and sauce and all. They all told me how good it was, so I was kind of jealous that I couldn't eat it.
    adbqti11ncrw.jpeg

Why couldnt you? Not even a slice? Shame :(
    I don't digest wheat well. Heck, kneading the dough and having the flour flying all over my kitchen was enough to make me scratch for the rest of the evening and still have an upset GI system this morning. So I fixed myself a fried egg with a spoonful of the sauce I made in the side and pretended that I was okay with that.
  • nowNOTthenmylife
    nowNOTthenmylife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I used garbanzo flour , water and cheese/egg. Kneaded it and shaped it. Left the crust to harden for like 10 mins and added a lil bit of sauce , toppings and cheese. Came out good
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    oldsoul918 wrote: »
    When I make BBQ pizza in the summer, I make dough using 1 cup greek yogurt and 1.5 cups self-rising flour. Season it with a little garlic powder or garlic bread seasoning and VOILA! Super easy and tasty!

I've only ever cooked it on a BBQ, but I'm sure it'd be fine in the oven too.

I use this dough in the oven and it works fine. Our family enjoys it and it is easy to make. You really do need to add some spices to the dough for flavor. If you don't have self rising flour add 1/2 t. baking powder and 1/2 t. salt to each cup of flour used.

• extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I'd just get little Caesars. Save time and money. They make their dough fresh in store daily.

But it's Little Caeser's
  • aephillips1
    aephillips1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I don't digest wheat well. Heck, kneading the dough and having the flour flying all over my kitchen was enough to make me scratch for the rest of the evening and still have an upset GI system this morning. So I fixed myself a fried egg with a spoonful of the sauce I made in the side and pretended that I was okay with that.

https://miraclenoodle.com/blogs/recipes/miracle-noodle-crust-pizza
    The recipe says just to cut the noodles in half, but putting them in the blender makes it very dough-like, just much more delicate to flip.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Alton Brown's crust still as good as I remember. This thread prompted me to make one again. One day I need to arrange it with some friends where I can make multiple small pizzas to share so I can compare different crust recipes directly and not from memory. Hehe.

Alton Brown's pizza crust with béchamel sauce, Gruyère, Feta, Grana Padano, spinach, and artichoke hearts:

6if0z4yloc3l.jpg