How is this possible??? Need opinions!!

Options
2»

Replies

• margaretadams96343
    Options
    Tip #1 Stay off the scale - Try to weigh yourself less often than your doing. Keep up the good work and try not to be so hard on yourself.

Tip # 2 Eat
    Do not skip meals. Eat light small meals if you have to but eat something each meal time.

Tip # 3 Make a workout plan
    Being a Mom is always going to come first. However, we have to make time for ourselves. I wake up a little earlier just to do a 5min warm up workout.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Tip #1 Stay off the scale - Try to weigh yourself less often than your doing. Keep up the good work and try not to be so hard on yourself.

Tip # 2 Eat
    Do not skip meals. Eat light small meals if you have to but eat something each meal time.

Tip # 3 Make a workout plan
    Being a Mom is always going to come first. However, we have to make time for ourselves. I wake up a little earlier just to do a 5min warm up workout.

Skipping meals does not slow weight loss. Skipping a meal can cause some people to over eat at other meals, but skipping a meal will not cause metabolism to slow.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Looking through your diary there are some things that may be inaccurate. Examples:

1 tbsp walnuts. Nuts are very calorie dense and should always be weighed.
    3.5 pieces of pizza at 788 calories. Are these very small pieces of pizza? Mine are usually about 300-350 per slice.
    1 cup of rice. Rice should also be weighed because the cup measurement can be very inaccurate.

Tightening up your logging should help. And if you do want to weigh frequently, considering using an app like Libra to track your weight trend. :smile:
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    The way weight loss works for me is I bounce up and down the same 3 lbs for a while, then one day I weigh a few ounces to a lb lower than my last low and when I resume bouncing the high isn't quite so high. I look at my weight as a trend over time. I have a 6 month history now so it's easier to see both the zig-zags and the downward trend. I have an aria scale that syncs with myfitnesspal, and in the beginning I didn't look at the scale when I weighed for a couple of weeks at a time, so that when I did look at the trend I could see some solid progress.
  • lucid_wings
    lucid_wings Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ok, those are all really great suggestions. I can see where I can be more careful, some of it was sloppier than it should be. The pizza was from a local shop, NY style with a thin crust, just cheese. Eating out doesn't happen too often for me, last week was weird in that. The walnuts were a guess because I'd forgotten to add them into the muffin recipe, there were only a few bits in the whole muffin, 4oz. in the entire recipe.
  • lucid_wings
    lucid_wings Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It didn't have a lot on it, but it's hard to tell exactly how much it was to the gram without having made it myself. I'm pretty familiar with sizes of things, I was a professional chef in my pre-kids days. :) Unfortunately chef does not equal nutrition and fitness expert.
  • pinksparklefairy
    pinksparklefairy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yes I always overestimate on calorie-dense foods like pizza and nuts.

Lettuce does not really matter so much. One cup of lettuce is 5 calories so a measurement mistake is not going to be such a big deal.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Weight loss is not linear. There are a bunch of factors at play in terms of weight changes than have nothing to do with whether you are losing fat or not.

^ This. Look at long term trends rather than short term fluctuations.

Yep--weight-trending app like Happy Scale (iPhone) or Libra (Android). I weigh daily and it shows me how exercise, food, drink, etc., affect my weight. I can fluctuate sometimes 5 pounds.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Looking through your diary there are some things that may be inaccurate. Examples:

1 tbsp walnuts. Nuts are very calorie dense and should always be weighed.
    3.5 pieces of pizza at 788 calories. Are these very small pieces of pizza? Mine are usually about 300-350 per slice.
    1 cup of rice. Rice should also be weighed because the cup measurement can be very inaccurate.

Tightening up your logging should help. And if you do want to weigh frequently, considering using an app like Libra to track your weight trend. :smile:

My pizza is almost 300 calories a slice--and that's with only veggies and light cheese. And it has a TON of sodium.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Two things.

1. As someone mentioned, don't worry about fluctuations.
    2. If you get the right amount of exercise, you don't have to be that critical about weighing everything.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I have never ever in the whole two years (nearly) I've been logging, seen a nice neat consistent loss. I bounce around all over the place often going weeks with no new low. Welcome to the human body!