Calorie rip off

Options

Replies

• AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    sbrandt37 wrote: »
    Gluten free EVERYTHING. Who would have thought that taken gluten out would add so many calories! And while we are on the subject, who would have guessed that gluten is so delicious!

Lol right! Unfortunately for us celiacs we don't have a choice. I've just resorted to using lettuce to wrap sandwich fillings because the bread tastes like sawdust
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »
    There are some diet mayos out there ranging from 35-50 calories per Tbsp. I use one of those for chicken/tuna/salmon/tilapia/egg salads (which I eat a lot).

Blah I don't like the taste. I like the real stuff.
  • Pooshka2
    Pooshka2 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Beer.

Exactly.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I always :huh: when dieters who don't have an intolerance to gluten switch over to the gluten free twins, rice/pasta/bread etc because they're less calories. I've looked at a few products, and the opposite seems to be true.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter for the win. I still eat it, but damn, not as much as I want to.
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Potato chips, peanut / almond butter and pasta.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Fresh bagels. I love them! A tasty egg bagel without anything on it is around 300 calories leaves me feeling hungry.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    A blueberry cake Dunkin' Donuts donut has 340 calories. I wanted to eat it so bad but I just couldn't justify 5 or 6 bites for that many calories. It went in the trash.
  • trinityann8423
    trinityann8423 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    sbrandt37 wrote: »
    Gluten free EVERYTHING. Who would have thought that taken gluten out would add so many calories! And while we are on the subject, who would have guessed that gluten is so delicious!

Depends on what you eat, prepared gluten free foods are usually almost or as bad as gluten free but 3 years ago when I found out I was gluten sensitive (was having chest pain and hands would break out) I gave up gluten before discovering gluten free foods and lost 70 lbs in 5 months just by not eating gluten..I have kept off 50 of it but gained 20 back after finding good (tasty) gluten free stuff mostly sweet stuff and now trying to lose 20 plus an additional 10 to get to goal weight of 130), trick is not having the prepared gluten stuff...not that I am an expert, I have been trying for a while to lose that weight again but downfall is sweet stuff.
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Nuts and nut butters are nutrient dense that is why they are high in calories. They also got a decent amount of fiber. I'd say an ounce or two a day is a pretty healthy and good choice.

For me, I would say most snack foods are a waste especially chips and popcorn. It is mostly carbs, fat and sodium and not very filling.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Dry four.....breads,wet flour....pasta,
    sweet flour.....cake,cookies....yummies.So
    I'll say flour anything.
  • ZephieC
    ZephieC Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I always :huh: when dieters who don't have an intolerance to gluten switch over to the gluten free twins, rice/pasta/bread etc because they're less calories. I've looked at a few products, and the opposite seems to be true.

I had to eat GF for 1.5 years for other health reasons...so happy to be eating normally again. Anyone who doea it as a fad diet has a screw loose...IMHO
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Donuts and muffins, for me. Bearclaws and danishes are still :heart: but they have to be pretty rare and single serve.

I'd also say most cereals. I used to love cereal, but now I'll usually grab a Greek yogurt, some fruit, or toast with peanut butter instead. Mini wheats seem to be the sole exception, because I adore those but have to treat them as a dessert most days to get my calorie's worth.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Twizzlers. Love 'em, but 4 sticks = 160 calories.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Nuts. Love em. Can't eat em. I can have like 5 and it wipes out half a meals worth of calories.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    The usual suspects..peanut butter, most potato chips or nachos (100 cals for 10...and who eats only 10?)

nutella, and bacon are probably worth it but wow they pack a hit!

• LateWinterWolf90
    LateWinterWolf90 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Alcohol lol.
  • yalva009
    yalva009 Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @christine_72 , @Rocknut53 , @powered85 , @callsitlikeiseeit and @estherdragonbat

Dehydrated peanut butter is 50kcal for 2 tbsp, they come in tubs. All you have to do is add water. :smiley:
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    yalva009 wrote: »
    @christine_72 , @Rocknut53 , @powered85 , @callsitlikeiseeit and @estherdragonbat

Dehydrated peanut butter is 50kcal for 2 tbsp, they come in tubs. All you have to do is add water. :smiley:

Haven't seen that in Toronto. Any clue if it comes kosher-certified?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    yalva009 wrote: »

yeah and it doesnt taste anything like real peanut butter..... all it does is piss me off...... LOLOL