No one looks at me ever

I think I might be invisible
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    tanny2017 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I hate it. It makes me uncomfortable. I do free weights and a lot of guys will approach and say they love a woman is doing free weights and not just cardio. But in my gym there mirrored walls everywhere and when I'm working out they will just stare. I don't know the name of this but my trainer told me to get on all fours kind of on a workbench with one foot on the floor and with the opposite arm lift a weight. While I'm doing that 2-3 guys just stood behind me staring at my butt. My solution? The corridor. Walking lunges and moves using my own body weight. Which defeats the need to go to the gym. Those guys are annoying. It's not pretty when you workout hard. You can't breathe you sweat. After one hard session I felt like I was gonna throw up (sorry not pretty). So you do not want guys staring at you in that situation!

why do you train with Delta Bravos ?

What's a delta bravo ?

D-Bag(s)
  • TheSkyBlushed
    TheSkyBlushed Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    csbnga wrote: »
    Its a good idea to do this to break their hypnotic trance
    1ne9bbk9shjh.gif

Ok, I don't care who you are... that there is funny!!

I just got back from the gym a few minutes ago where I did the elliptical. They have tvs but nothing good was on so I found myself looking around at what was in front of me(which was the free weights area) I sincerely hope that if I was looking at anyone casually they didn't see it as me "checking them out, or staring" :#
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I hate it. It makes me uncomfortable. I do free weights and a lot of guys will approach and say they love a woman is doing free weights and not just cardio. But in my gym there mirrored walls everywhere and when I'm working out they will just stare. I don't know the name of this but my trainer told me to get on all fours kind of on a workbench with one foot on the floor and with the opposite arm lift a weight. While I'm doing that 2-3 guys just stood behind me staring at my butt. My solution? The corridor. Walking lunges and moves using my own body weight. Which defeats the need to go to the gym. Those guys are annoying. It's not pretty when you workout hard. You can't breathe you sweat. After one hard session I felt like I was gonna throw up (sorry not pretty). So you do not want guys staring at you in that situation!

why do you train with Delta Bravos ?

What's a delta bravo ?

D-Bag(s)

Ah. Yeah lol there's douche bags everywhere! There's only one women only gym and it's very basic/crappy so I take my chances at the one I go to. I think the problem is there's a separate section for free weights and the machine weights are in another part of the gym so only the guys that are lifting go in there and they're probably all on steroids and a bit crazy.

I'm used to douche bags though as I have a very large bust. Even at work ( I'm a nurse) I get harassed by porters, pharmacy techs, security guys etc. Sadly just part and parcel

Re5pext!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    And if they stare
    Just let them burn their eyes on you moving
    And if they shout
    Don't let it change a thing that you're doing

Hold your head up, oh, hold your head up, oh
    Hold your head up, oh
    :)
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    You have a young and attractive face, something known to catch the eye of the opposite gender (especially when they are avoiding their next set).

Some people like the attention but perhaps you should 'dress down'(?), saying with no idea how you dress at the gym.

I wear this large jacket that really helps me sweat and full lenght full-length working pants.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Gimsteinn wrote: »
    Yeah there's this one guy who keeps staring at me. He can be on the other side of the gym training on his own but somehow he sees everything. When doing pull ups he's always there and twice he has put his hand on my shoulder, the other one on my stomach and then he told me he was helping me get the right form for kipping pull ups.

He shows up alot when I'm lifting.. He'll tell me to move like that, bend over a little more, use the power from my hips, spread my legs a little bit and...

Wait.. You're talking about random dudes.. I'm describing my coach...

the next time he touches you, kick him squarely in the yam bag and tell him: "That's what you get for 'coaching'."
  • PersianKitty94
    Options

I avoid the free weights because of that reason alone. Guys everywhere in that area. Mirrors everywhere. I can peacefully workout on my cardio machines because ya know the relationship between most guys and cardio. Non-existent.
  • KiwiLifter
    KiwiLifter Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I smile. It's how I respond to anybody who makes eye contact :)
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

I wear this large jacket that really helps me sweat and full lenght full-length working pants.

You may need to just find a different gym, that caters to a different class of guy. Your story made me think of the funny (to me) Planet Fitness ads, If you haven't seem them, they are on YouTube. They promise 'NO LUNKS' but I've never been to one.
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm ignored in my own gym. However, I went to a Long Island gym about a year ago and an old guy literally followed me around the gym, from the spin room to the free weights and finally to the machines, where I saw him AGAIN staring at me. Made me so nervous I dropped the 45 lb plate I was putting away from the leg press.

Also, the free weights were ALL OVER the place. Like no one put anything away in the right place. Long Island how can you live like that?

• ash_garbz
    ash_garbz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Today's session = 4 x sets of reverse cable stares, 4 x sets of incline bench Stares, 3 x sets of squat rack stares super set with sat on the leg press stares, total 0 calories burnt
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    Yeah there's this one guy who keeps staring at me. He can be on the other side of the gym training on his own but somehow he sees everything. When doing pull ups he's always there and twice he has put his hand on my shoulder, the other one on my stomach and then he told me he was helping me get the right form for kipping pull ups.

He shows up alot when I'm lifting.. He'll tell me to move like that, bend over a little more, use the power from my hips, spread my legs a little bit and...

the next time he touches you, kick him squarely in the yam bag and tell him: "That's what you get for 'coaching'."

Yeah I should definitely do that! and next time he tells me to lower my *kitten* during deadlifts I should file a sexual harassment complaint..
    Oh wait.. I pay him a *kitten* load of money for telling me where my *kitten* is supposed to be.. never mind.
  • chabr38
    chabr38 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym about 6am so fortunately there are alot of working professionals or older individuals who are eager to get their workout completed, so not too many stares. Unless I'm in the free weights area. If I'm focused on my workout I dont notice others (the louder my music the better). However, if I'm unfocused then I practice what I call "General view" I just look onward in a general direction and avoid eye contact.
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

Yeah I should definitely do that! and next time he tells me to lower my *kitten* during deadlifts I should file a sexual harassment complaint..
    Oh wait.. I pay him a *kitten* load of money for telling me where my *kitten* is supposed to be.. never mind.

I want a career change immediately! Getting paid for telling a woman where her *kitten* is supposed to be sounds like a great career choice! Damn you high school guidance counselor for not helping me recognize what my true calling should be!
  • PersianKitty94
    Options

You may need to just find a different gym, that caters to a different class of guy. Your story made me think of the funny (to me) Planet Fitness ads, If you haven't seem them, they are on YouTube. They promise 'NO LUNKS' but I've never been to one.

That's the gym I go to. They do set the alarm off when a lunk walks in or if a person is acting like they need to make excess noise while doing weights. I've heard they kick people out for being loud and obnoxious while working out.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

That's the gym I go to. They do set the alarm off when a lunk walks in or if a person is acting like they need to make excess noise while doing weights. I've heard they kick people out for being loud and obnoxious while working out.

I thought that was just a marketing gimmick and a myth. I've never seen anything like that happen at my gym (PF.) Nobody walks in and gets lunk-alarmed just for looking a certain way. And there are plenty of peacocks grunting, posing and preening all over the place. My PF has all the same types of people I've seen at all the other gyms I've been to, including the chick who works out in a tube top and the few oddballs running on treadmills in their jeans. It's just cheaper and conveniently open 24/7. That's why I go there. I don't think our lunk alarm is even hooked up.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    nolan44219 wrote: »

I want a career change immediately! Getting paid for telling a woman where her *kitten* is supposed to be sounds like a great career choice! Damn you high school guidance counselor for not helping me recognize what my true calling should be!

Damn that guidance counselor.. He should have told you to be a crossfit trainer or an Olympic lifting coach