I couldn't live in Seattle

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,661 Member
It's been raining consistently for 5 days now....................................in the Bay Area. I don't know how people do it in Seattle.
Bring out the sun!!!!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Replies

• Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I lived there during the fall up until Christmas a few years ago. The weather was gorgeous at first, but then about a month later it started to get cold and rainy. I prefer snow over the gloominess.
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    It's been raining consistently for 5 days now....................................in the Bay Area. I don't know how people do it in Seattle.
    Bring out the sun!!!!!!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Plus you got all those seahawk fans and stuff! I don't see how they do it either!!!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,505 Member
    Options
    rain?

I've seen that in movies.

It's that wet stuff that looks like water, right?
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Every time I have visited family in Seattle it has been beautiful and sunny al week. I would LOVE to live in Seattle (or Washington in general) even if it is rainy a lot of the time. Although no hockey team is a big downside.

Plus hasn't California had a bad drought the last few years - you should be happy for the rain you are getting. And isn't the San Francisco area known for being foggy all the time? Gray and dreary fog or gray and dreary rain - I don't see much of a difference.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    You get used to it.
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I love rain
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Good. We have too many people here already.
  • yogagirlT
    yogagirlT Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I couldn't either but love to visit and have family and friends there. It was a miracle that it was sunny and warm for my sister's outdoor wedding in a park a few years ago in Sept. I was in shock and thought for sure it would rain ha!

@ninerbuff Hey there fellow northern Californian, I am further east in the foothills and it's been non-stop raining and wind here too. I have been walking in-between the storms this weekend.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Bring out the sun!!!!!!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I live on the Big Island in Hawaii up near the Volcano National Park basically a rain forest. I love it:)

ETA - Sun is 30 min away though.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    yogagirlT wrote: »
    I couldn't either but love to visit and have family and friends there. It was a miracle that it was sunny and warm for my sister's outdoor wedding in a park a few years ago in Sept. I was in shock and thought for sure it would rain ha!

@ninerbuff Hey there fellow northern Californian, I am further east in the foothills and it's been non-stop raining and wind here too. I have been walking in-between the storms this weekend.
    I walked today during the first half of the Packers/Falcons game for an hour.

And of course about a couple of hours later.........................downpour.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Bring out the sun!!!!!!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I live on the Big Island in Hawaii up near the Volcano National Park basically a rain forest. I love it:)

I lived in the Pacific for a couple of years on Saipan. Definite difference with how I view rain on the islands vs here in California. On the islands, the rain wasn't that cold at all. Here............with this crazy wind to boot...............nope.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• leanjogreen18
    Options
    It shows character, walking in the rain! :)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Every time I have visited family in Seattle it has been beautiful and sunny al week. I would LOVE to live in Seattle (or Washington in general) even if it is rainy a lot of the time. Although no hockey team is a big downside.

Plus hasn't California had a bad drought the last few years - you should be happy for the rain you are getting. And isn't the San Francisco area known for being foggy all the time? Gray and dreary fog or gray and dreary rain - I don't see much of a difference.
    It's only foggy in the mid afternoon. That's when the Asians come home and turn on their rice cookers.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• leanjogreen18
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Bring out the sun!!!!!!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I lived in the Pacific for a couple of years on Saipan. Definite difference with how I view rain on the islands vs here in California. On the islands, the rain wasn't that cold at all. Here............with this crazy wind to boot...............nope.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I'm up at 4000' elevation so its cold here 58 ish. Rain stopped but hey I'm middle aged female so cold and rainy is good:)

ETA - my first visit to SF was in the summer and I was wearing a down jacket! I couldn't believe how cold summer could be there. Those winds!
  • StacywithaY
    StacywithaY Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    @NorthCascades does not exaggerate :neutral: