Gym Lookers

Options

Replies

• uggins311
    uggins311 Posts: 2,204 Member
    Options
    Never notice anyone looking at me, i look when i see someone i find attractive, but it is not gawking or staring, just a glance here and there...
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Theo166 wrote: »
    Kasner1975 wrote: »
    jenilla1 wrote: »

I wear this large jacket that really helps me sweat and full lenght full-length working pants.

You may need to just find a different gym, that caters to a different class of guy. Your story made me think of the funny (to me) Planet Fitness ads, If you haven't seem them, they are on YouTube. They promise 'NO LUNKS' but I've never been to one.

That's the gym I go to. They do set the alarm off when a lunk walks in or if a person is acting like they need to make excess noise while doing weights. I've heard they kick people out for being loud and obnoxious while working out.

I thought that was just a marketing gimmick and a myth. I've never seen anything like that happen at my gym (PF.) Nobody walks in and gets lunk-alarmed just for looking a certain way. And there are plenty of peacocks grunting, posing and preening all over the place. My PF has all the same types of people I've seen at all the other gyms I've been to, including the chick who works out in a tube top and the few oddballs running on treadmills in their jeans. It's just cheaper and conveniently open 24/7. That's why I go there. I don't think our lunk alarm is even hooked up.

I've heard that alarm go off atleast once a session. At first I didn't know why a weird alarm went off but then I read the lunk statement on the wall. I have also seen some odd people there too. Chicks that come in half naked like it's the beach( never knew you had to be half naked to workout).

I have to ask.... maybe I'm a small town hillbilly, but what the hell is a lunk alarm? Is there really such strictness elsewhere for gym dbags?

Go to youtube and search for Planet Fitness ads, 'no lunks' is part of their branding that they are the place for regular people.

they also have free pizza night......

guy-eats-pizza-while-working-out.gif

They actually have that?! I've seen ads but never seen it. Everyone deserves a treat atleast once a month.
  • Reinvented46
    Reinvented46 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Wear a hijab. Problem solved. That's what I do
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

I wear this large jacket that really helps me sweat and full lenght full-length working pants.

You may need to just find a different gym, that caters to a different class of guy. Your story made me think of the funny (to me) Planet Fitness ads, If you haven't seem them, they are on YouTube. They promise 'NO LUNKS' but I've never been to one.

That's the gym I go to. They do set the alarm off when a lunk walks in or if a person is acting like they need to make excess noise while doing weights. I've heard they kick people out for being loud and obnoxious while working out.

I thought that was just a marketing gimmick and a myth. I've never seen anything like that happen at my gym (PF.) Nobody walks in and gets lunk-alarmed just for looking a certain way. And there are plenty of peacocks grunting, posing and preening all over the place. My PF has all the same types of people I've seen at all the other gyms I've been to, including the chick who works out in a tube top and the few oddballs running on treadmills in their jeans. It's just cheaper and conveniently open 24/7. That's why I go there. I don't think our lunk alarm is even hooked up.

I've heard that alarm go off atleast once a session. At first I didn't know why a weird alarm went off but then I read the lunk statement on the wall. I have also seen some odd people there too. Chicks that come in half naked like it's the beach( never knew you had to be half naked to workout).

I have to ask.... maybe I'm a small town hillbilly, but what the hell is a lunk alarm? Is there really such strictness elsewhere for gym dbags?

Go to youtube and search for Planet Fitness ads, 'no lunks' is part of their branding that they are the place for regular people.

They actually have that?! I've seen ads but never seen it. Everyone deserves a treat atleast once a month.

Evidently. I hear that they also have tootsie rolls in a dish at the reception desk.

I wish there was one close by my house.

It would be worth the ten dollar membership fee just to get banned for life because of a proper, soul crushing training session.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Maybe they're not actually looking AT you, but when you suddenly glance toward them, they freak out and look away.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »

Evidently. I hear that they also have tootsie rolls in a dish at the reception desk.

It would be worth the ten dollar membership fee just to get banned for life because of a proper, soul crushing training session.

I'm in for the banning.

I'm going to look and see if there is one close to my office.

If so, I'll join.

1st day - deadlifts

Banned.
  • PersianKitty94
    Options

I have a tootsie roll on my way out. Helps with the nausea I feel after working out for long.
  • Milfsh4ke
    Milfsh4ke Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    people only look at me on: leg/ab/tricep day ....

tX6WCja.gif

lol, that form tho
  • PersianKitty94
    Options

I'm in for the banning.

I'm going to look and see if there is one close to my office.

If so, I'll join.

1st day - deadlifts

Banned.

You can do deadlifts. Just can't sound like you're giving birth while doing them. That's all.
  • Reinvented46
    Reinvented46 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    If you wear spandex then the blame is on you. Just kidding
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I notice it, especially when I'm in the weights section and it's usually just men around. I think they like to see what I'm actually doing there. It can be a bit uncomfortable but I get what I need to get done, and I make sure to wipe down the bench (if theyre gonna stare maybe this will remind them to clean up after themselves too), and then leave.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I just checked, there is a plant fitness near my office.

On their website they feature Pizza Mondays and Bagel Tuesdays.

Why not Raw Almond Wednesday or Whey Protein Friday??
  • PersianKitty94
    Options
    Savyna wrote: »
    Sometimes I notice it, especially when I'm in the weights section and it's usually just men around. I think they like to see what I'm actually doing there. It can be a bit uncomfortable but I get what I need to get done, and I make sure to wipe down the bench (if theyre gonna stare maybe this will remind them to clean up after themselves too), and then leave.

When you're in the weight area and ur doing squats or something and you notice people looking at you through the mirror. Some people forget that the mirror is there.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I just checked, there is a plant fitness near my office.

On their website they feature Pizza Mondays and Bagel Tuesdays.

Why not Raw Almond Wednesday or Whey Protein Friday??

Or brownie Thursdays?

Haha....

Wait.

Isn't everyday Brownie Thursday?

• Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Savyna wrote: »

When you're in the weight area and ur doing squats or something and you notice people looking at you through the mirror. Some people forget that the mirror is there.

Yeah, I just sort of look back long enough for them to know that I see them looking instead of doing their own work, and then they seem to get uncomfortable and look away. I don't always feel that it's coming from a lecherous place but rather one where they see a woman doing something that they don't often see and are just curious as to what she's doing.
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if I don't know how to use the equipment I watch people use it to see how to do it so I don't have to ask for help. Or I do look at attractive people I don't stare but if I find someone attractive I do look. But sometimes I just look and stare in one direction I'll look away if I see someone look at me like I'm staring.
  • jwknight67
    jwknight67 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Honestly, NO. Im too focused on what I'm doing, and even between sets my mind is envisioning whats next in my workout.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Guys are visual creatures so when an incredibly fit or beautiful woman is close by its almost impossible not to catch a glimpse or two.

It's just like many women can't ignore a newborn baby, a kitten... or a shoe sale.

You know who you are.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me love my gym even more. So many women in the free weights area. We're usually the ones hogging the squat racks.

I stare into space a lot during rest sets or when foam rolling. I guess I do stare at people, but it's because there's movement and my eye gravitates toward that. I don't actually have conscious thought about it. I'm not judging anyone's outfit or physique or form. I'm pretty zoned out. I never notice if anyone is staring at me, and I don't look for it or care.