Gym Lookers

Options

Replies

• Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Do people look at you at the gym when you work out? How do you respond? Are you one of these people who just stares at people at the gym? Personally don't like it when I notice people looking at me. So many things to do, so many things to look at, don't stare at me.

No offence but you have to be looking at them to notice them looking at you my guess is your OCD and have Schizotypal Personality Disorder ...Do you notice everything around you cleanliness, dust, condition of the room, sound, temp, not just people?

Do you use words like Creepy, disgusting, gross? If so they are mere words that describe your insecurity with your own feelings about things you don't understand. Therapy might help if your strong enough??
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Guys are visual creatures so when an incredibly fit or beautiful woman is close by its almost impossible not to catch a glimpse or two.

It's just like many women can't ignore a newborn baby, a kitten... or a shoe sale.

You know who you are.

I'm a woman and I often think newborns are very strange looking. Also I'm allergic to cats so make that puppies.

How do you feel about shoes?
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    Guys are visual creatures so when an incredibly fit or beautiful woman is close by its almost impossible not to catch a glimpse or two.

It's just like many women can't ignore a newborn baby, a kitten... or a shoe sale.

You know who you are.

Shoot, forget the babies, kittens and shoes.....Imma be looking at the hot guys pumping iron.

Well, you seem to have your priorities in order.

Do you only stare?

Any guy would be flattered to have you approach him at the appropriate time.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

You know who you are.

Shoot, forget the babies, kittens and shoes.....Imma be looking at the hot guys pumping iron.

Well, you seem to have your priorities in order.

Do you only stare?

Any guy would be flattered to have you approach him at the appropriate time.

Sadly, I'm shy, so I just glance and look away real fast. :#

Like I said. .... any guy would be flattered.
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Do people look at you at the gym when you work out? How do you respond? Are you one of these people who just stares at people at the gym? Personally don't like it when I notice people looking at me. So many things to do, so many things to look at, don't stare at me.

No offence but you have to be looking at them to notice them looking at you my guess is your OCD and notice everything around you cleanliness, dust, condition of the room, sound, temp not just people..

Do you use words like Creepy, disgusting, gross? If so they are mere words that describe your insecurity with your own feelings about things you don't understand. Therapy might help if your strong enough??

I notice because I have peripheral vision. So I'm not allowed to use words "creepy, disgusting or gross" without having problems that can only be solved through therapy?
  • AnAbsoluteDiva
    AnAbsoluteDiva Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    They can look at me all they want. I never notice if they do or not. Focus on your own stuff. Forget the rest. It's all noise.
  • Michael190lbs
    Options

No offence but you have to be looking at them to notice them looking at you my guess is your OCD and notice everything around you cleanliness, dust, condition of the room, sound, temp not just people..

I notice because I have peripheral vision. So I'm not allowed to use words "creepy, disgusting or gross" without having problems that can only be solved through therapy?

Most people have peripheral vision its not a special talent.. Sorry!! My point was simple and Therapy Might help.

You for some reason believe people are doing something to you that they're not doing to everyone else and it bothers you more than the Majority of people so therapy could help.

• brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I hope they're not looking at me but I'm there to work out. I'm usually face-down in the pool swimming laps so if I'm staring, it's usually just to figure out which occupied lane to try to get in to. Fortunately with the colder weather and the time at which I am swimming it's usually not an issue.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

You know who you are.

I'm a woman and I often think newborns are very strange looking. Also I'm allergic to cats so make that puppies.

How do you feel about shoes?

I love shoes but I'm kind of cheap and I feel terrible if I ever spend more than $45.00 on a pair even if I need them.

Yeah, I get that.

It's my biggest weakness.

$400.00 for a pair of boots?

Somehow it was justified.
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Don't know, don't care.

I do catch myself silently cheering the girls who load up the 45s..my people. I did give a creeper smile to a guy the other day for hitting awesome depth on the squat rack next to me while I was on the leg press...I genuinely just appreciate people pushing themselves.
  • goldenbeaut
    goldenbeaut Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Don't know, don't care.

I do catch myself silently cheering the girls who load up the 45s..my people. I did give a creeper smile to a guy the other day for hitting awesome depth on the squat rack next to me while I was on the leg press...I genuinely just appreciate people pushing themselves.

Same!!
  • goldenbeaut
    goldenbeaut Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I do catch people looking sometimes. I just put my music louder, stand up taller and make sure my form is 100% on point. sorry, but I'm not letting no creepy eyes drive me out of my gains. Especially when I do weighted hip thrusts, ooo boy do the stares come. Glute gains over what people think any day. get through your sets and get outta there.
  • Michael190lbs
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Ok there were two woman working out this am while I was doing seated rows. They impressed me so I watched between sets. They non stop went from Leg press to dumbbell squat, to dumbbell stiff legged deadlift to dumbbell Lunges, walked a lap then started over it was insane the level of intensity they were using. I was at the gym for 75 min (5am) they were there before me and I left before them- It was Impressive to see.. At the same time if a Elephant was walking in the Mall I would look as its out of the ordinary- I might even stare and pinch myself.. This lady we work with wears the loudest shoes everyday to work pushes her Mammories to her chin with what must be a H8 steel bra, Bathes in Perfume, and wears Yoga pants everywhere and wonders why people look at her-- Fing Elephant in the Mall.. Four kids four different guys four different jobs its insane..
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    People are always checking me out at the gym, but that might be because I'm wearing a tutu.
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    jnichel wrote: »
    People are always checking me out at the gym, but that might be because I'm wearing a tutu.

Probably.
  • alecgrodecki
    alecgrodecki Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yes, I see a lot of people staring, and typically I awkwardly make eye contact, look down, and then either go back to what I was doing or walk to my next workout, which probably makes me look uptight as all hell...
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Lol this feels like one of those YouTube story time videos. "The day I nearly got assaulted at the gym!". In reality: A dude looked my way, turns out he was waiting to use the machine I was using.
  • blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I can not lie... I would look! I must be a creepy perv..lol
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    jnichel wrote: »

I have genuinely considered lifting in a kilt, once my legs aren't pathetic. If nothing else, it will make squats hilarious.