• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    just eat less than you are doing
  • Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    You need to check your calories but 4 cups of green tea daily and chilies will help progress.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,203 Member
    Options
    Sawjer wrote: »
    You need to check your calories but 4 cups of green tea daily and chilies will help progress.

How?
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    exercise more and eat less
  • biglouie7504
    biglouie7504 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, grapefruit, watermelon, berries, hot peppers, celery, Greek yogurt, eggs, fish, green tea, coffee
  • DeanMc33
    DeanMc33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Patience is what you need. You've put on 2 stone over 18 months, doing the maths (crunch crunch) that's 28 pound in 78 weeks close to 1/3 of a pound each week. Not a lot really? Not when you see fads/weight loss programmes promising 1, 2, 3 pound weight loss a week. Weight doesn't drop that easily, just like it's not that easy to put on (well it can be if you really try :) ).

Make small changes, just targeting a daily calorie intake on here is a great start. The accountability of having to record those 6 biscuits you had with your cup of tea last night is a great help. Equally if you have "spare" calories at the end of the day, treat yourself. Try reducing the intake of those foods you know are bad and watch your portion sizes. Don't cut out completely, it doesn't work. Avoid empty calories (fizzy drinks), easiest way to cut calories is drink simple, water!

If do some exercise (again start small if not), it's great if you can link to this app. The satisfaction of having an extra 300 calories because you did a 3k run is great! Set small targets "i'll run for 10mins today, i'll run 1km today".

Some foods are know to speed your metabolism, but let's be honest, that's pretty difficult for any of us to measure and seems a bit like a quick fix. The food suggestions on here are great and if you can get these in your diet then great. It does simply however come down to using more calories than you take in over a long period of time, and that take patience.

If you've shifted 7 stone before, you can lose weight again. Try not to obsess over your weight and focus on feeling good, strong and having energy. Good food and exercise gives you this. Good luck!

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Sawjer wrote: »
    4 cups of green tea daily and chilies will help progress.

in what way?
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    less food.

^^^ For the win!
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Less.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    There are no specific foods that will help weight loss. The only requirement for weight loss is a calorie deficit but rapid weight loss is not always recommended. Setting a reasonable deficit for the amount of weight you have to lose is critical, from what you've described it sounds like a goal of 1 lb/week and a deficit of 500 cals would be appropriate for you, for now.

So as others have said, stop eating in a calorie surplus, and switch to a moderate deficit.
  • BeGrandLike
    BeGrandLike Posts: 184 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Less calories than you burn.

I mean, what foods you eat matters when it comes to being able to do that and not be hungry all the time. Like: yesterday I ate a 435cal meal of a PB&J sandwich and a banana. I had that 'cause I was tired, I didn't feel hungry, but I knew that I needed to eat more calories or I'd feel grotty today (I average around 1500/day and if I go below 1200 I feel awful the next day. YMMV, of course). However if I'd been hungry, that wouldn't have filled me up.

Today at lunch? Cooked up a pile of veg&lentil soup. Two massive bowls of the stuff was 414 cals and I had to give up halfway through the second 'cause I simply couldn't eat another bite. So that's ~310cals and a super full tummy, and 'cause it's all protein and complex carbs it'll keep me full for hours. Also? It was delicious.

Log what you eat and also how it makes you feel. Figure out what foods keep you full for longer. Fill your fridge and your cupboard with them. And: eat less calories than you burn.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, there is no magic food that will help speed up weight loss. That is only achieved by eating less calories than you burn.

Having said that, the thread below is going on right now. It may be helpful for getting ideas on things to eat that are low calorie, good sized portions, and may help you stay satiated longer:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10505236/i-like-to-eat-and-am-looking-for-things-i-can-eat-a-lot-of#latest
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Less.