Coming Back... 300 pounds to lose.

Options
Hey guys. I'm just coming back from a couple years of slacking off. I lost 125 pounds a couple of years ago. Never got to my goal, but got to where I wasn't the fattest guy at work anymore... and then I got married and started grad school and got distracted. Gained it all back. Had to buy a new scale, which informs me today that I weigh 504.8.

I feel gross. I'm getting winded just walking around. It's time to change this garbage... and I'll take all the encouragement you can give me.

Replies

• bartcal
    bartcal Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Good luck on you're efforts here.
  • beatrizaguilar_73
    Options
    I'm new to this site and I'm happy to know that the first person I choose to look at the profile was yours. I'm here for you. You got this!!! Any little effort you can make each day is an improvement! <3<3
  • kzooyogi
    kzooyogi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new start to your journey! You've found a place where you'll be loved and accepted every step of the way - best of luck to you!
  • isinc2003
    isinc2003 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Holy Heysus! thatsah lotta weight! ... Log every ounce of your food now! stick to your caloric goal per day in 4 months I lost 67lbs.. its gonna take you a year or more if you don't self-discipline
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    You've got this @BadgerSensei ... keep the faith in yourself that you can do it, because you CAN.
  • JennaLynnKelly
    JennaLynnKelly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making that big decision to do better! Rooting for you!
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Good luck and if you're looking for friends, feel free to add me.
  • wndlady
    wndlady Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    With a lot of weight to lose, you only have to start making small changes to see a difference. My dad passed away at the age of 53 which was basically brought on by lots of weight related complications. You're still young enough to have a full, active life. Go for it!
  • TheSkyBlushed
    TheSkyBlushed Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I'm just coming back from a couple years of slacking off. I lost 125 pounds a couple of years ago. Never got to my goal, but got to where I wasn't the fattest guy at work anymore... and then I got married and started grad school and got distracted. Gained it all back. Had to buy a new scale, which informs me today that I weigh 504.8.

I feel gross. I'm getting winded just walking around. It's time to change this garbage... and I'll take all the encouragement you can give me.

Welcome back. :)
    We'll be here for each mile marker of each others progress.
  • postchrysalis
    postchrysalis Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You can totally do this!
  • success313
    success313 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have come to the right place.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    You've lost weight before you can do it again.

Don't focus on all the weight you have to lose. Take it a meal at a time a day at a time a pound at a time.

You will have bad days. Sometimes you might have bad weeks. Don't let that discourage you. We all face times like those.

Just keep going, keep logging, and keep fighting.
  • BadgerSensei
    BadgerSensei Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :) you're the best.
  • mybattle2006
    mybattle2006 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started on Jan 16. I'm here with you. You can do this!!!
  • luckyme404
    luckyme404 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Every day is a challenge for all of us for one reason or another. You came back to mfp, so I'm happy for your decision to make it work again. And it will work again. Faith in your self is very important. Don't be discouraged for any setbacks, we all have them. Every last one of us. Glad to meet you. Cheers!
  • valentina5777
    valentina5777 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can do this! You're not alone! We are here to support you