Thinking of trying LCHF (low-carb, high-fat) Has anyone had success with this way of eating?

Options
Seen it on dietdoctor.com...sounds interesting!

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Seen it on dietdoctor.com...sounds interesting!

lots of people have and there are many groups/posts. just do a search and click on the links
  • cartersmom06
    cartersmom06 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    In the past I have lost weight on Atkins a couple of times. It is easy to follow because you have such a limited menu. Meat, eggs and veg, for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Since you can't eat sugar, most simple carbs, or processed foods, your calories are low. In the long run it wasn't sustainable for me because I missed fruit and grains too much. If you really like meat though, it can work. I got so I couldn't stand eggs or chicken after a while, but that's me.
  • FroodleMum
    FroodleMum Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Me too! Been doing a lot of research and just ordered the Bulletproof diet book by David Avery...very excited to read it!

....my body has a lot of healing to do and it seems that this type of diet is the answer
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight eating a ketogenic diet, and recently went LCHF to finally reach goal. I really like this way of eating, have tons of energy and am losing weight steadily.

Check out Jimmy Moore's "Keto Talk" podcast. He also has another keto podcast...something like "Living La Vida Low Carb". Both have been helpful to me.

Good luck!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Most of the success stories are in the Low Carber Daily group. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group Lots of experience there. Good luck.
  • fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    know yourself and listen to you're body. LCHF does not work for everybody. I had extreme fatigue and felt miserable. But I do well getting 30% carbs per day and 40% fats.

You really won't know how your body will react until you try it!! That goes for ANY eating plan!!
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Lots of people have had success, but I could never do it because pizza.
  • melissandryer
    melissandryer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    kxbrown27 wrote: »
    Lots of people have had success, but I could never do it because pizza.

But you can have pizza... really good pizza using fat head dough. :)
  • birdtobe
    birdtobe Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 pounds since mid-November eating LCHF and counting calories. I indulge in pizza and other carbs now and then, as long as the calories fit into my goals. I just like the way that (mainly) eating low carb makes me feel, as I find it reduces cravings. I had a huge sweet tooth, so I never thought I'd be able to eliminate sugar, pastries, or sweets. For me, it's been the easiest way to lose--and, believe me, I've tried a few. As others have suggested, try the Low Carb forum if you want to meet others who eat LCHF. Good luck!
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    My husband did it and lost all his weight. Eventually he went back to eating normally and ended up putting all the weight (and then some) back on.
    I've been doing CICO for about 6 years now (give or take) and been maintaining going on 3 years this October.
    I guess its what works for you.