How often do you eat sweets?

Options
How often do you eat sweets? whether it be cookies..ice cream..or whatever. Like once a week...once a day?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Daily. Currently I have a bag of dove dark chocolate hearts - have at least one a day.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Daily.. usually between every meal especially if I'm bulking
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    As often as I can reasonably fit it into my calories.

Today, my calorie allotment is under 600 calories. I have eaten a donut hole on one of these days, but generally stick to sugar free jello.

For the rest of the week, I can eat at maintenance. I save around 400 of those calories for sweets at the end and sometimes end up eating more if I'm out and say... want a kids ice cream or something. I had some Hostess red velvet cupcakes yesterday and plan on eating two sugar cookie Pop Tarts tomorrow.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Not often, but I've never really had much of a sweet tooth.

ETA: There's nothing wrong with eating sweets every day, provided you can fit them into your calorie goal and you're not eating so many that you're depriving your body of other nutrients.
  • violetta5345
    violetta5345 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate most days. Usually a couple of squares does it for me.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'd say 5 days out of 7. But the other days I might have a granola/breakfast bar or something.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Every day.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    I don't have a tremendous sweet tooth. I often have a couple of dark chocolate and sea salt caramels after dinner...that's about the extent of it.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I have Fibre One bars fairly frequently. I can enjoy the sweet taste without getting that "more more more" feeling. Often I put a little sugar in my morning coffee. The protein bars I eat (Clif Builder Bars) have a bunch of sugar, taste sweet, but also don't awaken any cravings. Generally I don't have desserts or pastries unless I have an upset stomach/digestive system, in which case my choices of things I can eat is limited. I indulge then.

ETA: I have some kind of bar most days. My indulgent days happen maybe once every 6-8 weeks.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Not often, but I've never really had much of a sweet tooth.

ETA: There's nothing wrong with eating sweets every day, provided you can fit them into your calorie goal and you're not eating so many that you're depriving your body of other nutrients.

Agree with all this.

Once a week when the whole family has dessert. Not much of a sweet tooth either. I'm also insulin resistant so I watch my sugar intake most days.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    About half an ounce of dark chocolate chips every morning...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I have something (usually it's ice cream) once every two or three days, although it was a lot more during December, I admit.

Most of the time my main temptations (er, the food ones) are not sweets.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    When I'm not prepping for a show and don't have to be super strict, ...just about every day. I plan for it, and work it into my diary ahead of time.

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    Every day. Or else I'd be more cranky than I already am. :)
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Nearly every day. Sweets keep me sweet. :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Every single night
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Just finished my nightly handful of M&Ms
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Sharon_C wrote: »
    Just finished my nightly handful of M&Ms
    Man, I got some pretzel M and Ms and can't wait to dig into them.

• MrHillman22
    MrHillman22 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    1 small handful of haribo tangfastics or jelly babies after every workout to go with my protein shake, then some ice cream on a Saturday .. because I can