Shakeology

Options
2»

Replies

• sfit85
    sfit85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like Shakeology. The price however is crazy. I use 1/2 scoop a day to save money.
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I use the beachbody programs for workouts because I really like them. Shakeology really bothered my stomach for some reason and it was so expensive. I use IdealShape now and I really like the taste and find that it curbs my hunger. It's cheaper and nobody is trying to sell me anything, lol.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I do not drink Shakeology, way too expensive, but I just want to comment that it is not meant to be a "protein" shake lot a lot of you seem to think because you keep saying there are cheaper protein powders. It's meant to be a meal replacement, I guess like Slim Fast and others for people who aren't good at preparing their own food and lacking nutrients or just want something on the go.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    anniek2961 wrote: »
    Anyone doing shakeology? Thoughts on it?

I don't believe in meal replacements but I am for anything that helps people lose weight. I do my own home shakes, but if you want to buy premades there are much better products that Shakeology. Here is a quick guide, but do lots of research out there on the web. I use Costco a lot and buy stuff cheap.

http://bestmealreplacementshakesreviews.com/shakeology-alternatives/
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Oh, and Costco has a cool Protein page to see what's there.

https://www.costco.com/protein.html

• happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 50 lbs and have kept it off since 2013! ***And I did it with good old fashioned eating right and exercise. Sure protein shakes and supplements can assist with health and weight loss but in the end - we all know the foods that are good for us, exercise is good, water is good, more sleep is good, etc... I've been approached to become a coach and/or buy shakeology and have tried it. It tastes good but not for back then it was $130 - that's 2 weeks of groceries for me! NOPE
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine is starting this on Monday. I so want to scream at her that it's just a scam and only works because she is starving yourself (900 calories a day is her target). But I'm a supportive friend so I'm being positive and encouraging :p even though it's killing me to do so :s
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine is starting this on Monday. I so want to scream at her that it's just a scam and only works because she is starving yourself (900 calories a day is her target). But I'm a supportive friend so I'm being positive and encouraging :p even though it's killing me to do so :s

Sorry but a good friend deserves to hear the truth. Would you support her if her mission what to jump off a bridge?

Being a good friend doesn't mention supporting dumb choices, in fact, a good friend would try to stop a friend from making those bad choices.
  • StacywithaY
    StacywithaY Posts: 117 Member
    Options

I definitely have less hunger using it, which surprised me as I assumed it was all hype since there's so much negativity surrounding the product. I also am much more regular (which is super nice, since I've had horrible problems for years in that department.) I do feel like I have more energy, but who knows if that's just a placebo effect & attributable to working out now, whereas before I was not. And the oddest positive for me is that my skin is really good since I've been using it and I usually have atleast a few nasty big pimples a month.

It is stupidly expensive. I'm not sure how long I'll keep using it bc of the price. I gave up my daily mocha so I figure that covers the cost. And I'm a horrible eater by nature, so I'm never gonna eat tons of veggies and I don't eat red meat... so it works for me, easy and quick.

I really like the beach body workouts. I've been doing the PiYo series and am almost done with my two months, so am excited to take my measurements and see what progress I've made.

Do what makes you happy. Try something new if you want, if you've got the money to spend. There's no commitment, so I'm not sure why there's such a fuss over it.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options

Don't worry. It won't last long. Maybe she will make it a few days but I give it until.the first weekend.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

When I began losing weight in 2012/13; yes, I used Shakeology as a meal replacement. I loved the vanilla taste, and I believe it helped to keep me satisfied and reduce cravings. I ordered off ebay (instead of a coach) and saved a litlle money.

Having said that, I eventually discovered that I didnt want to drink my calories, and implemented much more veggies and fruits into my diet. So I favored shakeology, but avoided beachbody coaches and the whole mlm thing. And eventually, I replaced it with healthy eating choices.

I also ordered the insanity dvds off ebay and got those about half price then ordering online :)

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    sjwozniak wrote: »

I definitely have less hunger using it, which surprised me as I assumed it was all hype since there's so much negativity surrounding the product. I also am much more regular (which is super nice, since I've had horrible problems for years in that department.) I do feel like I have more energy, but who knows if that's just a placebo effect & attributable to working out now, whereas before I was not. And the oddest positive for me is that my skin is really good since I've been using it and I usually have atleast a few nasty big pimples a month.

It is stupidly expensive. I'm not sure how long I'll keep using it bc of the price. I gave up my daily mocha so I figure that covers the cost. And I'm a horrible eater by nature, so I'm never gonna eat tons of veggies and I don't eat red meat... so it works for me, easy and quick.

I really like the beach body workouts. I've been doing the PiYo series and am almost done with my two months, so am excited to take my measurements and see what progress I've made.

Do what makes you happy. Try something new if you want, if you've got the money to spend. There's no commitment, so I'm not sure why there's such a fuss over it.

And this likely accounts for any weight loss you experience, too. ;)
  • rinigirl76
    rinigirl76 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Too Expensive!!!! my goodness .. body by VI is way cheaper and does same thing.. but I am not a shake drinker maybe one a week!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    rinigirl76 wrote: »
    Too Expensive!!!! my goodness .. body by VI is way cheaper and does same thing.. but I am not a shake drinker maybe one a week!

Protein powder is cheapest.

Make your own damn shakes, people.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,522 Member
    Options
    It's a supplement. Nothing special about it but the name used and the marketing to Beach Body users who seem to generate rave reviews. Conflict of interest happens with it because it's an MLM and that usually means spending way more than one needs to to versus a product with similar ingredients.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

Sorry but a good friend deserves to hear the truth. Would you support her if her mission what to jump off a bridge?

Being a good friend doesn't mention supporting dumb choices, in fact, a good friend would try to stop a friend from making those bad choices.
    Generally speaking I'd agree with you but it's more complicated than that and we have a long history so I know what works and what doesn't work with her. Her self esteem is quite low and I know that she already knows this is a quick fix and only temporary. History tells me that she has to come to this full realization on her own or it won't stick. And it's not like she has to lose a lot of weight. She only wants to lose that last stubborn ten pounds so even if she doesn't it's not a big deal. Eventually we'll get to the point where I can just say it like it is but we aren't there yet.
  • brdoyle8
    brdoyle8 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have been around the block the products like Shakeology. Listen, it's not bad, but I got sick of it. They're great if you need an "on the go" breakfast, and when I started, I hated breakfast and always felt I didn't have time for it. Now, I have breakfasts that I enjoy eating a lot more and I feel really set me up for my day, so a meal replacement shake doesn't seem necessary. They can also be good for cravings but I have found that I can really eat what I want with correct portion sizing, or find a lower calorie substitute (such as a fiber one bar) that does the trick.

I have friends that swear by it, but for me, it was good for about a month before I got really sick of it.