• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Pedialyte is my go to...don't slam it, just little sips
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    K3rB3ar89 wrote: »
    Im in canada aswell so going in isnt a huge deal or expense its sitting and waiting hours that isnt fun lol

As another Canadian, I hear you! Plus, I'd be very nervous about picking up new germs in your weakened state.

@CafeRacer808 my stomach flu lasted only about three days, but it was followed immediately by a cold that has lasted more than two weeks. Same happened to other people I know. It's a nasty one, involving throat, sinus, ears, and lungs. The stomach flu was horrible but this lasting cold is perhaps equally horrible - haven't been to the gym or on the courts for weeks.

My grandson though, had continued stomach problems afterwards. Vomited twice more in the week after, without any other signs of illness (no further fever and played happily the rest of the day), so you're not alone in having increased sensitivity.

Wishing all of us better health soon!
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Im in canada aswell so going in isnt a huge deal or expense its sitting and waiting hours that isnt fun lol

As another Canadian, I hear you! Plus, I'd be very nervous about picking up new germs in your weakened state.

@CafeRacer808 my stomach flu lasted only about three days, but it was followed immediately by a cold that has lasted more than two weeks. Same happened to other people I know. It's a nasty one, involving throat, sinus, ears, and lungs. The stomach flu was horrible but this lasting cold is perhaps equally horrible - haven't been to the gym or on the courts for weeks.

My grandson though, had continued stomach problems afterwards. Vomited twice more in the week after, without any other signs of illness (no further fever and played happily the rest of the day), so you're not alone in having increased sensitivity.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like that double whammy you got is pretty brutal. I think I'm pretty much in your grandson's shoes, except mine is coming mostly out of the other end. (Sorry for the TMI).

OP, best of luck to you!
  • K3rB3ar89
    K3rB3ar89 Posts: 263 Member
    Options

Ahh i hope i dont get a cold right after! Start my fertility treatment week of feb 6th. I need to be in tip top shape! My husband gets home in an hour from work and hes going to take me to emerg just to be on the safe side! Electrolytes and maybe help to get hydrated. I cant do another night of being awake hoping ill get some much needed sleep. Stop and get a Gatorade see if it helps. Been reading thst the sugar may make diarrhea worse thought so im nervous..
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options

Ahh i hope i dont get a cold right after! Start my fertility treatment week of feb 6th. I need to be in tip top shape! My husband gets home in an hour from work and hes going to take me to emerg just to be on the safe side! Electrolytes and maybe help to get hydrated. I cant do another night of being awake hoping ill get some much needed sleep. Stop and get a Gatorade see if it helps. Been reading thst the sugar may make diarrhea worse thought so im nervous..

Gatorade G2 (the low calorie version) contains less sugar than the original. Maybe try that?
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options

Don't touch your face while you're there, and wash your hands whenever you can. Best wishes for a safe and speedy recovery from the flu and best of luck on those fertility treatments too!

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Yeah at that stage o usually hit Emergency for an IV top up. They can also give you a shot for the throwing up.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    OP - ask your husband to pick up some Gravol tablets - the natural ginger ones. Shopper's Drug Mart carries them.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    cmtigger wrote: »
    BTW- the flu is a sinus illness. You probably have a stomach bug like Norovirus. It's going around the US right now, yesterday at least three kids threw up between two of my schools, and I rarely know when kids are sick because I teach music, so there were probably many more.

Most flu is upper respiratory, but Norovirus IS a virus, and it is highly contagious.

• crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    OP - of you haven't been able to keep even sips of clear fluids down for a couple of days it's worth getting a medical assessment at the hospital emergency.

Even if you don't need admission they can give you antiemetic for the nausea and vomiting, IV fluids if needed, check your blood electrolytes and replace as necessary and take a stool sample to identify if it's a bacterial bug requiring antibiotics vs a virus you can just wait out.

At the very least the antiemetic can help you keep down oral intake and feel a little better.

Get checked out at least.
    Hope you feel better soon.