Hubby is making me feel bad for posing for pics *sorry so lo

Options
124»

Replies

• lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    so do I............I hope he didnt make her remove her acct........poor lady, sad, really, here shes making positive moves in here life only to have him bring her down.....I hope she reads these replies and know we all support here..............Best wishes, Lloyd
  • thenewkarisa
    thenewkarisa Posts: 207
    Options
    he just doesn't want anyone looking at you..... selfish.... (did I say that!) LOL
  • blood_sweat_tears
    Options

You seem to have completely overlooked the fact that he chose to be horribly demeaning and basically told her what to do. There was no 'discussion' here. There was a nasty, malicious comment used to undermine and demean in order to control his wife. That is atrocious behavior and actually abusive.

It's one thing for spouses to discuss how they use social media. It's quite another to say "Let me stop you from embarassing yourself".

I agree, the way it is worded seems condesending and controlling which is destructive in any relationship, not only that but it is the kind of comment that could destroy self confidence. Bad, bad, bad.

I kind of do see Chris' point too I mean it is different for every relationship... for example in my relationship both of us agree that neither of us should post naked or seminaked photos on the internet. Having said that, regardless of how unhappy I was about a photo I still wouldn't speak to my partner like that.
  • abpotter
    abpotter Posts: 4
    Options
    You have worked very hard for your weight loss and you have every right to show it off!!! Maybe he is just jealous because you are looking great, but he is still the same??!!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    well he is overreacting, but he is your husband. listen to him, and then explain you side. the situation is so small, just do what he asks if he isn't willing to cave in. after-all, ask yourself, is it worth getting into an argument over? it's not, but congrats on the weight-loss 80lbs is phenomenal.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind people we are just hearing 1 side of the story,and have no idea what kind of backstory there could be to this.Just a thought since people seem so quick to vilify him.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind people we are just hearing 1 side of the story,and have no idea what kind of backstory there could be to this.Just a thought since people seem so quick to vilify him.

Freaking thank you!!

I can't believe that so many people would be willing to jump into the absolute middle of someone's relationship, with only one short paragraph of a story, colored only by one person's perception (whether it was the complete truth or not, WE DON'T KNOW!). So, lets make an assumption here...he IS feeling insecure, and he DID act like an *kitten* because of it. So we (the collective internet) tell her to ignore her insecure husbands feelings and post the pictures anyway?

WTH people???

That's a recipe for disaster...but guess what? None of you really care because you're safe behind YOUR keyboard, while THEY are the ones that are going to deal with the fallout of your irresponsible advice...whether IT WAS ACCURATE OR NOT! So, lets say he DID make her give up her account here. Wouldn't you?! We have a bunch of armchair relationship counsellors, with NO VESTED INTEREST in their relationship. You bet your *kitten* the first thing I'd have told my wife (assuming I did something as assinine as she said he did, out of insecurity) is that if these people are so much more important than ME...enjoy being married to them.

Marriage is about putting each other first...not necessarily before yourself...BUT MOST CERTAINLY BEFORE A BUNCH OF SELF RIGHTEOUS, SELF APPOINTED JUDGES ONLINE THAT HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE REAL SITUATION WAS.

Good Lord people...

Cris
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Don't know what to say......was reading all the comments and I must admit my heart was in my mouth when I read she'd deactivated her account....I was really shocked.

Like I said earlier....I kinda agreed with cris....

I really do hope that they are both ok.....
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    that's a shame that she deactivated her account but maybe with everything that was going on they wanted to not get 3rd party opinions involved and work through their issue without being swayed by someone who doesn't really know the situation.
  • TDBrims
    TDBrims Posts: 138
    Options
    See I agree with Chris too. I do think from what she said that her husband is feeling insecure about the whole change in her and he maybe reacted in the wrong way and spoke sharply but then he MAY have gone back and apologised to her for it and she now just feels bad about how she reacted by posting on here so that is why she deactivated her account...we will never know I guess but I don't think encouraging her to continue doing something that was putting her marriage at risk without at least suggesting she investigate the reason behind what he said was helpful.

If I'm honest I had a mate that ws updating her picture online all the time when she wa going through her weightloss journey...never thought anything of it but now she is no longer married and turns out the pics were for a guy she was having an online affair with...I personally myself having been involved in that would worry about my partner suddenly deluging the internet with photo's of himself...I would maybe word it different but then I can have a bit of a temper so I maybe wouldn't...who knows.
  • blood_sweat_tears
    Options

Freaking thank you!!

I can't believe that so many people would be willing to jump into the absolute middle of someone's relationship, with only one short paragraph of a story, colored only by one person's perception (whether it was the complete truth or not, WE DON'T KNOW!). So, lets make an assumption here...he IS feeling insecure, and he DID act like an *kitten* because of it. So we (the collective internet) tell her to ignore her insecure husbands feelings and post the pictures anyway?

WTH people???

That's a recipe for disaster...but guess what? None of you really care because you're safe behind YOUR keyboard, while THEY are the ones that are going to deal with the fallout of your irresponsible advice...whether IT WAS ACCURATE OR NOT! So, lets say he DID make her give up her account here. Wouldn't you?! We have a bunch of armchair relationship counsellors, with NO VESTED INTEREST in their relationship. You bet your *kitten* the first thing I'd have told my wife (assuming I did something as assinine as she said he did, out of insecurity) is that if these people are so much more important than ME...enjoy being married to them.

Marriage is about putting each other first...not necessarily before yourself...BUT MOST CERTAINLY BEFORE A BUNCH OF SELF RIGHTEOUS, SELF APPOINTED JUDGES ONLINE THAT HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE REAL SITUATION WAS.

Good Lord people...

Cris

I don't know where you get off being so high and mighty about this... nobody here is claiming to be a marriage councilor! She asked for our take on it and we gave it! If she didn't want to read what people had to say then she shouldn't have posted it! You are so defensive about this, perhaps you're her husband lol.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    How about he mind his own business, it's not a pic of him. And quite frankly...you have every right to brag.
    THIS!!!
    OK, I totally get the married thing and to respect our spouses wishes, but at some point you have to be YOU and do what is good for YOU. I could understand his concern if you were posting something inappropriate like a pic taken of just your butt, but if we are talking a full body shot - Before/After type pic, he shouldn't be concerned. He should be proud and supportive of you. Maybe its an ego thing. Maybe its an insecure thing. I dont know, I dont know the man, I am just playing amateur psychologist.
    BUT,you have made incredible progress. you are proud and you should be! If you want to post pics to show your success I think its great. Its the success stories and pics that help motivate the rest of us! I suggest having a good chat with him and ensure he understand your reasons for wanting to post progress pics. I know my wife has lost 30 pounds herself and is looking great and feeling great about herself and I am very proud of her. I encourage her to post a new pic, but only if she wants to. I will support her 110%.
    Good luck to you!!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I am going to lock this topic as the user has deactivated their account and is therefore unable to respond the comments made on this thread. It also feels a little unethical for members to continue discussing the users personal circumstances when they are no longer registered at MFP.

Thanks for your cooperation,
    Ms_Natalie

MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.