What are your views on SLIMFAST milkshakes??

Options
13»

Replies

• FatGirlSlim89
    Options
    I used to drink Slimfast shakes for breakfast or lunch if I was in a hurry but they've always made me feel sick so I don't bother with them anymore. I'd rather make my own smoothies.

Agreed. This has been mentioned a few times, but it's true, much better to make your own shake. I like soy protein in vanilla (dairy free as I have a severe dairy allergy) with soy milk, then some whizzed up banana, peanut butter, and if my calories allow some maple syrup too! It's SO tasty, fills me up until I feel stuffed, and it's lower in (bad) sugars.
  • squeak1989
    squeak1989 Posts: 29
    Options
    As final year uni student I'd been using them alot over the last 6 months for 1-2 meals a day. I wasn't using them for weight loss more for the ease of not having to cook or make decisions on what I was eating. In the time I've been eating them I've put on 2 stone. Cases of the munchies normally followed a few hours after each shake, which I'm assuming has something to do with the sugar, and also I ended up eating more in the evening than I normally would. Still trying to wean myself off them now, as I've got so used to their convienience that cooking for half an hour for a decent meal seems alot.
  • Naomi_84
    Naomi_84 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I personally do not believe in any man made meal "replacements", I do not see the point. Our bodies need real nutrition from real food and if our diets are as natural as possible with a limit on processed food with a balanced diet we shouldn't need any of this rubbish. I believe they will work short term for a quick fix but they are teaching you nothing about proper calorie control or the preparation of a balanced meal so I think that if you are looking for a long term approach then ditch them and embrace fruits and vegetables and lean meats instead, they're cheaper and better for you x
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I tried Slimfast for a couple of weeks. Lost nothing and was miserable for the whole time. Liquid meals just don't work for me. They seemed to be ok for breakfast at first but I was always starving by mid afternoon and had to really fight (and usually failed) to not overeat on my 'sensible dinner'.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    YUK!
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I actually really like the Slimfast ready made chocolate and banana shakes. When I started I was having two a day and a 600 cal dinner (I exercise in the early evening) plus snacks and the weight fell off. Slowly I started reintroducing food and cut down to one for lunch and still lost weight. Now I just use them as a useful substitute for lunch if I don't have time to get something else. I have to say they genuinely do keep me much fuller for longer after lunch than a bowl of soup or a sandwich. Plus I don't seem to get the mid-afternoon crash that I get if I eat carbs for lunch. That said - I know plenty of people who've had issues with them. I have a sweet tooth so they're perfect for me but I think if you don't like sweets then you should maybe look elsewhere. Also - I don't like the ones that you have to mix with milk as the ready-made ones taste much better to me.
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I really like the taste of the Latte shakes.

I would not use this on a daily basis (not even on a weekly basis), but would usually have one or two shakes in the fridge, for those moments that I literally have no time for anything else and I need to eat something which keeps me filled for a while.
  • takemeaway10
    Options
    What does everyone think of slimfast milkshakes? I recently bought a tub of the stawberry flavoured stuff, but when I drank it - I could almost taste the vitamins/proteins etc which were in it, so I had to lower the amount of powder I put into it..

I've not had a glass of it since then, as I basically thought it was a scam and a waste of money. I wasn't going to drink it as Slimfast told me to - which would be a shake for 2 meals, then a 600 cal meal - because I could never live off just a milkshake for a meal.. So what does everyone think about it for a "snack" or maybe even replacement meal when in a rush?

Good for weight loss or bad altogether?!

Slimfast has a 3-2-1 plan: 3 snacks, 2 shakes, 1 meal.

how many calories are in the shake you're using? you have to watch the RTD shakes because the carbs are pretty much all sugar. if they're under 200 calories you could use them as a 'snack' in between meals. does the slim fast program tell you to only have 3 'meals' a day? i think that's flawed. you should be eating 5-6 small meals a day so your metabolism is constantly going.