Favourite Anime? Good Anime for toddler?

Options
2»

Replies

• KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I would think Hunter X Hunter would be wildly inappropriate for a toddler. There's literally a grown man clown that wants to bone a 12 year old. Lots of blood too if violence matters. I just started watching it and I think it's a great show but I wouldn't have a kid watch it for the mentioned bits. I'd stick with Pokemon.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    Hamtaro would be good for a toddler.

Yeeeessss

Last night I got lost in watching hamster YouTube videos of people showing off their hamster cages or feeding their hamsters treats
  • TheHive
    TheHive Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    we are about 300 episodes into pokemon so fancied a break from it. Think we will start one piece next, should keep us busy for a year or so haha
  • francinenz
    francinenz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    All I'll say is Inuyasha is the best, go watch it.
  • ohsosweet26
    ohsosweet26 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    how old is your son? I loved card captor sakura when I was young. And I've been watching one piece on and off for years. Been watching it since I was really small lol.

You should also try Absolute Boy. It's like a slice of life but with fantasy mixed in.
    I second Hamtaro too!
    Prince Mackaroo is one too.
    Dog of flanders anime gave me the feels. You're probably familiar with the story line :)
    Hikaru no Go
    Sugar: a little snow fairy (super adorable)
    Kirby
    The snow queen
    Make way for noddy (it's more like a cartoon, but still very good).
    Hetalia (it's 5 minutes per episode. It's very funny. You'll have to look it up since I don't know how to explain it but basically, countries as turned into characters whose personalities are based on cultural stereotypes.)
    That's all I can think of that's appropriate for your son to watch. Some of them are old, but still good nonetheless :)

Recommendations for you:
    Ruruoni kenshin (blood. Lots of blood)
    Gintama (seriously hilarious, but has a mix of feels too. The first few episodes may be a bit weird but I love it. It's my favorite anime)
    The daily lives of highschool boys (the creator was an assistant of the creator of Gintama. Your son can watch this too)
    Saiyuki (there are numerous series on this one)
    Cowboy bebop (love this one. There's a spaceship, a cyborg, a girl who was asleep for 50(?) years, and the main character. I think this is one of the classic animes)
    Samurai champloo (There's blood and hip hop? I don't know how to explain it lol. By the same creator of cowboy bebop)
    Yuyu hakusho (same creator as hunterxhunter)
    Akatsuki no Yona (if you don't mind romance.the manga i still ongoing, but it has 24anime episodes.)
    Assassination classroom (absolutely love this one)

I mainly watched them with japanese audio and english sub, but I'm pretty sure they have english dubs (i know saiyuki and hetalia has one for sure). I don't really know what genre you prefer but I avoided including anime with romance unless the plot line is very good).

• Tretop76
    Tretop76 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    We loved to watch The Avatar with our kids. Not sure if anyone has suggested that.
  • TheHive
    Options
    how old is your son? I loved card captor sakura when I was young. And I've been watching one piece on and off for years. Been watching it since I was really small lol.

You should also try Absolute Boy. It's like a slice of life but with fantasy mixed in.
    I second Hamtaro too!
    Prince Mackaroo is one too.
    Dog of flanders anime gave me the feels. You're probably familiar with the story line :)
    Hikaru no Go
    Sugar: a little snow fairy (super adorable)
    Kirby
    The snow queen
    Make way for noddy (it's more like a cartoon, but still very good).
    Hetalia (it's 5 minutes per episode. It's very funny. You'll have to look it up since I don't know how to explain it but basically, countries as turned into characters whose personalities are based on cultural stereotypes.)
    That's all I can think of that's appropriate for your son to watch. Some of them are old, but still good nonetheless :)

Recommendations for you:
    Ruruoni kenshin (blood. Lots of blood)
    Gintama (seriously hilarious, but has a mix of feels too. The first few episodes may be a bit weird but I love it. It's my favorite anime)
    The daily lives of highschool boys (the creator was an assistant of the creator of Gintama. Your son can watch this too)
    Saiyuki (there are numerous series on this one)
    Cowboy bebop (love this one. There's a spaceship, a cyborg, a girl who was asleep for 50(?) years, and the main character. I think this is one of the classic animes)
    Samurai champloo (There's blood and hip hop? I don't know how to explain it lol. By the same creator of cowboy bebop)
    Yuyu hakusho (same creator as hunterxhunter)
    Akatsuki no Yona (if you don't mind romance.the manga i still ongoing, but it has 24anime episodes.)
    Assassination classroom (absolutely love this one)

I mainly watched them with japanese audio and english sub, but I'm pretty sure they have english dubs (i know saiyuki and hetalia has one for sure). I don't really know what genre you prefer but I avoided including anime with romance unless the plot line is very good).

thankyou, some epic recommendations. He's turning 4 in March so slowly building him up.
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Avatar the last airbender!! All 3 seasons! My teens and I have watched it 100's of times and still go back to it! My daughter is anime crazed. I've only seen a few but they wouldn't interest a toddler like avatar or Pokémon would. And some are kinda inappropriate like showing undies and hinting at sexual content. My 15 and 18 yo are banned from those. Not that I have to enforce that. Too much boring romance and not enough gore.
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I havent watched these in so long but I'd say as far as anime movies I'd recommend

Steamboy

The DBZ Fusion movie (When they fought Janemba)

and for a series I'd say check out Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple (Child friendly for the most part i believe)
  • Geekyfatgirl
    Geekyfatgirl Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    anything done by studio Ghibly!
  • TheHive
    Options
    Ghibli is the best ❤