Officially Frustrated & Needing Help

Options
I've been on this challenge for 31 days. I've not cheated one time except for the weekly cheat meal. I've kept a calorie deficit. I've worked out consistently and have been eating clean. I started out at 171.4 and I check my weight this morning and it's STILL 160.4! I dipped down to 159.8 last week. I've need working my butt off. My diary is open...please help

Replies

• Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I think your doing well. I've basically been losing 8-10 lbs a month since September. I am very happy with that.
  • patslitzker
    patslitzker Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That's more than two lbs per week.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    What "challenge" are you referring to? Are you aiming for rapid weight loss via a temporary method, or are you looking for long term sustainable results? How much weight are you trying to lose total? 11 lbs in the last month is actually maybe too fast, more than 2 lbs/week. How many calories are you eating? How accurate is your logging? You said you haven't cheated, other than cheat days, what do those cheat days look like?
  • essexgirl1971
    essexgirl1971 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    id be happy with 11lb for on month. im aiming for half a stone a month and giving myself a whole year to lost 4st. if your working out alot too i imagine you've built muscle and lost inches.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    11 pounds in a month is great. I'd be really happy with that kind of result!

Remember too that some things can make you retain water, masking weight loss. Things like you period, ovulation, sunburn, salt, increased carbs, injury, muscle repair, increased exercise, etc. This is why people say weight loss isn't linear. Give it time and trust the process.
  • MarkaStone
    MarkaStone Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    One thing I've learned over the past few months is don't fixate on the scales. Get a tape measure & use that because I guarantee you that even if you think you've stalled or even gained a little bit of weight a tape measure will show you just how much progress you've made
  • alwayzevolving
    alwayzevolving Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for responding. My goal is 150.....this is not "short term." I used to be consistent then started working from home and became comfortable. This is a lifestyle for me. My diary is open so you guys can access it and give feedback. I suppose overall I'm doing fine but the scale not moving for two weeks just had me concerned about diet. I want to always eat enough so sustain my goals.
  • alwayzevolving
    Options
    MarkaStone wrote: »
    One thing I've learned over the past few months is don't fixate on the scales. Get a tape measure & use that because I guarantee you that even if you think you've stalled or even gained a little bit of weight a tape measure will show you just how much progress you've made

Good idea thank you
  • alwayzevolving
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    The only adjustment I'd recommend is to your expectations,

Since it's neither healthful nor safe to lose more than about 1% of your body weight per week, a bit over 2 pounds a week is stellar progress if you're over 200 pounds. It may be OK in your first couple weeks even under 200, because of initial bigger water weight loss. But you should definitely be looking to see the rate slow down to the 1.5 pound (-ish) weekly range now.

You want to stay strong, energetic, attractive & healthy while losing, right? And not risk becoming weak, fatigued, irritable, moody, with less body to your (possibly thinning) hair, weakened nails, less-than-glowing skin, etc.?

You've had a great first month: Keep it great from here on, too!

Great advice and that's why I'm asking. I want to make sure with the amount of activity I'm putting on daily that my caloric intake is adequate to sustain me. I want balance.
  • alwayzevolving
    Options
    I was part of a Lean and Clean Fitness Challenge on a Facebook I am part of. We have a list of foods to eat, mostly clean and I've stuck to it. We her one cheat meal a week and I don't go crazy but I do eat foods I crave for this cheat meal.
  • alwayzevolving
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    What "challenge" are you referring to? Are you aiming for rapid weight loss via a temporary method, or are you looking for long term sustainable results? How much weight are you trying to lose total? 11 lbs in the last month is actually maybe too fast, more than 2 lbs/week. How many calories are you eating? How accurate is your logging? You said you haven't cheated, other than cheat days, what do those cheat days look like?

I was part of a Lean and Clean Fitness Challenge on a Facebook I am part of. We have a list of foods to eat, mostly clean and I've stuck to it. We her one cheat meal a week and I don't go crazy but I do eat foods I crave for this cheat meal.
  • alwayzevolving
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

I'm trying to lose 20 in total. I've got 10lbs to go.
    This is lifestyle for me.... I guess I need to readjust my goals to be more realistic and lasting.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your fantastic loss! Keep it going. It sounds like you are following a temporary specialized eating plan. What is your plan to maintain after you reach your goal?
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Eleven pounds is an amazing loss!

Don't worry about such a small fluctuation. It's likely not fat.

Scales reflect everything in your body including water weight, body fat, glycogen stores, and retained food in the digestive tract.

Things like stress, monthly hormonal shifts, sleep disturbances, shifts in carbohydrate or sodium consumption, or increases and/or addition in exercise routines can influence those factors.

If your tracking is on, don't fixate on the number on the scale and focus on your long term goals, planning for what you're going to do once you finish this challenge. What have you learned that you can carry forward into a sustainable way of living?
  • ChristopherLimoges
    ChristopherLimoges Posts: 298 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    If you'd like, I have my diary open as well for the moment. My timeline may or may not be visible. Cheat meals, days, and weeks(weeks, are specific) are fine as long as you're in control.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    If you want sustainable results, while giving your body enough nutrition to run on, with only 20 pounds to lose, ideally you should be aiming for about .5 pounds per week.

I'd also rethink the "cheat meal" mentality. You don't have to cut any foods out to lose weight. You just need to fit them in your calorie goal. Maybe in smaller portions than you're used to, but you can still eat them.

I'd also echo the weight-trending program. Happy Scale (iPhone) or Libra (Android) can help you understand those daily fluctuations. Weigh every day and after a couple months, a few pounds of fluctuations from day to day will no longer freak you out.