Women weight lifters

Options
Do you tend to like more reps lower weight or more weight and less reps? I like more weight because I feel it makes me feel stronger.

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I also like high weight, low reps. I'm running Wendler's 5/3/1 to increase strength.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I like to power lift, so lower reps. Though I use daily undulating periodization so I have some higher rep days (high being the 8 rep range at most). I like being strong. I do some body building work in the higher rep range for hypertrophy and general flex friday bicep pump instagram pictures.

Those pictures are amazing btw <3
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    The only exercises I do above 8 reps are Romanian deadlifts, glute bridges, and hip thrusts. The rest of my heavy lifting is 3-8 reps.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I like to power lift, so lower reps. Though I use daily undulating periodization so I have some higher rep days (high being the 8 rep range at most). I like being strong. I do some body building work in the higher rep range for hypertrophy and general flex friday bicep pump instagram pictures.

Those pictures are amazing btw <3

You like? lol. Getting some fat off. Hopefully some veins will come out to play.

Who am I?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I do a range. I use a 531 template so 3+ with th main lift. Then depending on my other exercises anywhere from 5-20 reps.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Low rep, heavy weight
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I like both. High reps are good for my endurance (for sports), but high weight is awesome for my self esteem. :3
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I like a bit of both, but because I'm bulking I am more hypertrophy based I suppose
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I curse anytime I'm over 5 reps at least on main lifts.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    High weight, low reps on my main lifts. Lower weight, higher reps on my isolation lifts.
  • bbell1985
    Options

I did 8's today for squat and I was so pisssed off the whole time. @SideSteel I hope there is a point to this.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options

I did 8's today for squat and I was so pisssed off the whole time. @SideSteel I hope there is a point to this.

When my coach handed me the second extensification cycle in a row, his first words "you are absolutely going to hate me" 12,10,10,8,8 reps. And 20,18,18,16,14 on bench. I was swearing so badly in my head the whole time.
  • bbell1985
    Options

When my coach handed me the second extensification cycle in a row, his first words "you are absolutely going to hate me" 12,10,10,8,8 reps. And 20,18,18,16,14 on bench. I was swearing so badly in my head the whole time.

Ew ew ew.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options

Ew ew ew.

At least I don't have to deal with it until July again. Nationals and worlds and provincials following one after the other is going to keep my reps low.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i like low rep 1-3 rep range, cuz i'm lazy and i like to rest a lot. but i have to do higher rep stuff like 8-12 range for accessory work. sometimes i do painful things in the 20 rep range. my abs sometimes are in the 25 rep range, and my finishers are usually 100 reps.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

I have an aversion to sets of 5 reps. The first week of every 531 cycle is my least favorite. Every other number I am fine with but I hate 5.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I like being able to move big weights for low reps, but as for enjoyment during? I get nervous doing DLs and squats cause of a previous injury, I feel like I should be getting stronger faster, plus I get antsy during longer rest periods. I prefer circuit-style workouts. The fatigue is so satisfying! Heavy lifting just makes me feel wiped out and sleepy. But that's if I had to choose, I actually really like it all.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    It depends on what I'm doing.. 3 days a week I train with bodyweight or low weight, high rep. Then it's unbroken and I try to work my sets fast..

Then 2 days a week I do heavy lifting.. Fewer reps and I'll go a lot slower