Low carb diet

Options
I just started a low carb diet and so far I have lost 3 pounds in the first would have probably lost more if I had exercised more. Anyone else doing low carb and if so are you doing well with it.

Replies

• kenwindatt
    kenwindatt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ya I'm doing one also started at 200 pounds January 1st and down at least 10 pounds to date.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Low carb diets will make you shed water, the right calorie deficit over time helps you lose fat and feel better. Been there and done that with Atkins and South beach diets back in the day. Never going back. I've lost 85 pounds just with portion control and maintained fitness over 6 years with just that, not depriving my self of anything. Ahhhh, it's so much more enjoyable.
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I utilize low carb. It is what helps me stay in a caloric deficit best, keeps me satiated and is sustainable for me long term. Yes, you will shed a lot of water weight in the beginning - that is true with other approaches as well. Some people are more successful with portion control as the lady above mentioned. Others, like myself, are not. You do need to monitor your calories because 'calories are king'. If you overeat on low carb, you will still gain weight. You must be in a caloric deficit to lose weight - regardless of your approach to achieve it. Don't let anyone discourage you from doing what works for you! I eat lots of veggies but I also eat ice cream as well - just needs to fit in your daily intake - the same way as everyone else on this website does it. So, experiment and find what works best for you. You can do it!!