I marched

13»

Replies

• Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited January 2017
    Proof MFP is a Far left website-- Flag away people!!!
  • The_Movie_Chair
    The_Movie_Chair Posts: 112 Member
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    I think the take-away lesson from this is that we can incorporate our health and fitness goals in to our everyday lives. Not all fitness goals need to be met in a gym or on a treadmill. We can also get fit by marching for the causes that we care about...cancer...aids...autism...etc...etc.

Here is a blog that I found that lists several. Since I am doing a walking program I think that I will finds some that are in my area.

http://www.charitywalksblog.com/charity-walk-events/

OP...you have done much more than marched...you have motivated me and I am sure others to put our new found fitness to use.

You know there is a breast cancer walk in our city by the end of the year and I thought I would never ever dare thinking about joining, but now I do. By then I might have lost 50 pounds.

8 more months, who knows, I might be able to walk 5 miles if I set my mind to it and if not, who cares as long as I try.

Thank you for the link with the charity walks. What a beautiful new perspective.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    I think the take-away lesson from this is that we can incorporate our health and fitness goals in to our everyday lives. Not all fitness goals need to be met in a gym or on a treadmill. We can also get fit by marching for the causes that we care about...cancer...aids...autism...etc...etc.

Here is a blog that I found that lists several. Since I am doing a walking program I think that I will finds some that are in my area.

http://www.charitywalksblog.com/charity-walk-events/

OP...you have done much more than marched...you have motivated me and I am sure others to put our new found fitness to use.

You know there is a breast cancer walk in our city by the end of the year and I thought I would never ever dare thinking about joining, but now I do. By then I might have lost 50 pounds.

8 more months, who knows, I might be able to walk 5 miles if I set my mind to it and if not, who cares as long as I try.

Thank you for the link with the charity walks. What a beautiful new perspective.

When I first started I couldn't even make it around the block without having to rest...you will get there.

I wanted to share this site with you...

http://www.halhigdon.com/training/50936/5K-Walk-Training-Program

It is a walking training schedule for a 5K that might help. If you need to do the weeks more than once then that is okay. It will let you gradually build up.

I am working on the 10K walking plan now and when I am finished with it in about 3 weeks I will move to the half marathon walking program. I doubt if I ever will walk a half marathon but I just want to be able to do it. Hopefully by the end of the year I will have completed it.

• Mary_Anastasia
    Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
    Good for you for making every step count and showing your pride in yourself and your community. Not a supporter of that March, but I love to see anybody represent what they believe in ✊
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    I'm so proud of you. I'm also happy we're friends! You keep marching girl. For your health and for your believes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!