I marched

Options
13»

Replies

• Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Proof MFP is a Far left website-- Flag away people!!!
  • The_Movie_Chair
    The_Movie_Chair Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    I think the take-away lesson from this is that we can incorporate our health and fitness goals in to our everyday lives. Not all fitness goals need to be met in a gym or on a treadmill. We can also get fit by marching for the causes that we care about...cancer...aids...autism...etc...etc.

Here is a blog that I found that lists several. Since I am doing a walking program I think that I will finds some that are in my area.

http://www.charitywalksblog.com/charity-walk-events/

OP...you have done much more than marched...you have motivated me and I am sure others to put our new found fitness to use.

You know there is a breast cancer walk in our city by the end of the year and I thought I would never ever dare thinking about joining, but now I do. By then I might have lost 50 pounds.

8 more months, who knows, I might be able to walk 5 miles if I set my mind to it and if not, who cares as long as I try.

Thank you for the link with the charity walks. What a beautiful new perspective.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    I think the take-away lesson from this is that we can incorporate our health and fitness goals in to our everyday lives. Not all fitness goals need to be met in a gym or on a treadmill. We can also get fit by marching for the causes that we care about...cancer...aids...autism...etc...etc.

Here is a blog that I found that lists several. Since I am doing a walking program I think that I will finds some that are in my area.

http://www.charitywalksblog.com/charity-walk-events/

OP...you have done much more than marched...you have motivated me and I am sure others to put our new found fitness to use.

You know there is a breast cancer walk in our city by the end of the year and I thought I would never ever dare thinking about joining, but now I do. By then I might have lost 50 pounds.

8 more months, who knows, I might be able to walk 5 miles if I set my mind to it and if not, who cares as long as I try.

Thank you for the link with the charity walks. What a beautiful new perspective.

When I first started I couldn't even make it around the block without having to rest...you will get there.

I wanted to share this site with you...

http://www.halhigdon.com/training/50936/5K-Walk-Training-Program

It is a walking training schedule for a 5K that might help. If you need to do the weeks more than once then that is okay. It will let you gradually build up.

I am working on the 10K walking plan now and when I am finished with it in about 3 weeks I will move to the half marathon walking program. I doubt if I ever will walk a half marathon but I just want to be able to do it. Hopefully by the end of the year I will have completed it.

• Mary_Anastasia
    Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Good for you for making every step count and showing your pride in yourself and your community. Not a supporter of that March, but I love to see anybody represent what they believe in ✊
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you. I'm also happy we're friends! You keep marching girl. For your health and for your believes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!