Sciatica

Options
2»

Replies

• californiansun
    californiansun Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    My husband is active (he's military) and we lead an active life. He and I will probably do yoga together when he comes home. I'll try it again at home, too. :) I'm really enjoying walking at the moment.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    My husband is active (he's military) and we lead an active life. He and I will probably do yoga together when he comes home. I'll try it again at home, too. :) I'm really enjoying walking at the moment.

look up yoga for partners. plenty of moves to do with your partner.that way you both can do it together.some moves may be too hard right now but eventually you may be able to do them.
  • bluecrush84
    bluecrush84 Posts: 77 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

My first yoga class was a DVD 12 years ago, I still use and I recommend. It is mild and she is a great instructor. Candlelight Yoga by Sarah Ivanhoe. The key to not hating yoga is to remember

If it hurts...stop...back out...your body will let you know when it is ready...just listen...the only requirement is that you breath
    It will take your body time to heal and open up
    If you are breathing heavy...you need to take a break and regain your breath
    You don't have to do all the postures...do what you can....I still have trouble holding a downward dog and I don't even attempt inversions
    You can take a break at anytime during the exercise.

I go to hot yoga daily...I remind myself...if I get tired, I can take a break at any time. I take several breaks during class. My body has seriously changed in the last 7 months. I am surprised. I am most glad most of my back pain is gone, but I still baby my back. I no longer lift, I bend my knees and sleep with a pillow under my knees.

For me, half pigeon pose and working my abs helped a lot with my sciatica