What is your favorite VLC (very low calorie) dish?

Options
Mine is red (Swiss) chard with a little lemon.

Replies

• slippsy_gypsy
    slippsy_gypsy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Soashetti Squash!
  • peanutbuttertuesday
    peanutbuttertuesday Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    green beans with spaghetti sauce! or, green beans from frozen with onion garlic butter and sunflower seeds! steamed broccoli with cottage cheese as sauce! chicken or tuna salad with mustard and yogurt instead of mayo! popcorn!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I also do green beans with spaghetti sauce. Prego even has a lower calorie version of spaghetti sauce that is good.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Veg soup. o:

Full carrot, half an onion [julienne], some shallot, parsley, mushroom, bell pepper, in a low sodium broth [preferably chicken, veg also works]... Mmmm. Maybe even tomato, but bf hates it. xD
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    pesto cauliflower risotto...smoked gouda cauliflower YUMMM
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    MUSHROOMS with spaghetti sauce! Trust me here. <3

Try it with the pizza sauce, too. o:
  • Mary_Anastasia
    Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Sauerkraut with veggie hotdog, steamy vegetable soup, eggs whipped with almond milk, and 150calorie cheese and tomato sandwich (2x 40 calorie bread, 1 slice cheese, 2 slice tomato, calorie free mayo, seasoning salt)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Pickles, sauerkraut, kimchi. Grapefruit with a tsp of sugar.
  • VKetoV
    VKetoV Posts: 111 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Kale + salsa, baked cabbage/brusselsprouts/or broccoli + evoo spray + salt, & German sauerkraut or red/Apple cabbage kraut

Franken VLC food: whey protein sludge with only water (100-120kcals)
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Oden (Japanese Pot au Feu)

http://www.justonecookbook.com/oden/
  • BillyAsberry
    BillyAsberry Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Romaine salad with can of tuna fish and I make my on dressing that I mix light hidden valley ranch and fat free kraft Italian about 170 cal total
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Well today I'm having whole wheat pasta 50g, with 200g of boiled (in salt water, 5 min)brocoletti, also called "cima di rapa", and 1 tsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil. It's 263 calories.

I also often buy celery and boil it for about 15-20 min with a potato, and then cream it, add some skim milk, veg broth, pepper, and paprika. It's 32 calories a bowl. I do sprinkle 1 tbl of grated parmigian cheese on top, I use Parmigiano Reggiano. This makes a thick soup, and you can add barley, meat, pretty much anything. I love the color-a nice minty green. I do not add olive oil, but you can, if you have the calories.
  • Slbyrd45
    Slbyrd45 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Everything sounds very tastey here ladies ! Thanks for your comments. What is onion garlic butter ?
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Caperberries, pickles, spaghetti squash, lentil soup
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Garlic butter bean mash with a little swirl of extra virgin olive oil to make it a little naughty. Amazing as a side to a steak or roast chicken. Comfort food without the calories.

Drain and blend a tin of butterbeans with a couple of tablespoons of water and a clove or two of garlic. then warm through in a pan, serve with a drizzle of olive oil. 190 calories/9g Protein/7g Fibre/21g Carbs/2g Sugar. (150 calories without the oil)
  • OcalaFL
    OcalaFL Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    One cup of chopped, steamed broccoli with just 51 calories, a single gram of fat and 5 grams of fiber
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash with mushrooms
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Zucchini noodles with lots of whatever veggies I have in the freezer. Lately it's been broccoli, carrots, green beans, peppers, and onions. Heated up with a little bit of pepper or whatever spices I have on hand, or occasionally some low sodium soy sauce or pasta sauce.