Can't get weight out of 190's...help!

Options
The lowest I've been is 175 and I can't seem to break under 190 now. I know it's possible because I did it before. I'm going even harder now but nothing works. Anyone have the same issue where they can't seem to just get out of a certain range?
Anyone have any success? Help me :,(

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    How long have you been stuck at 190 and what do you mean by "going harder", exactly?
  • fragileelegance
    fragileelegance Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    If you're stuck then your logging needs to be tightened up, are you using a scale? USDA entries from the database?

I'll log consistently but once weigh-in comes and after a few weeks I haven't lost anything, I get discouraged. I don't fall off with my eating, I just get discouraged to log another week if I'm not going to lose the weight. I usually scan the barcode for everything, and no I don't have a scale. Did you see more success after getting a food scale?

• fragileelegance
    fragileelegance Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    How long have you been stuck at 190 and what do you mean by "going harder", exactly?
    I've fluctuated between 190-200 for 2 years now :(
    I mean going harder by doing 2-a-day workouts a couple times out the week and cutting back on carbs (suggested by my doctor).
  • CafeRacer808
    edited January 2017
    Options
    If you've been stuck in the same weight range for 2 years, then you're most likely consuming more calories than you think you are. Things to consider/questions to answer:

1. You say you're logging consistently, but are you logging accurately? Are you weighing all of your solid food and measuring all of your liquids, including cooking oils?
    2. Is your MFP activity level set properly? (Remember that your activity level does not include your exercise.)
    3. Are you eating back 100% of your exercise calories? Exercise calories are estimates and most (especially if you're using MFP calculate it for you) are overestimated.
    4. How are you tracking your calories burned from exercise? If you're using a Fitbit, it's possible that you're "double dipping" on exercise calories.

• victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Try the food scale. Log consistently. It's not necessary to work out two times a day. Don't stop logging if you don't see immediate changes, stick with it.

Do you eat back exercise calories?
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Both times I lost weight I got stuck between 180-184lbs for 6+months. It was really discouraging.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    If you're stuck then your logging needs to be tightened up, are you using a scale? USDA entries from the database?

I'll log consistently but once weigh-in comes and after a few weeks I haven't lost anything, I get discouraged. I don't fall off with my eating, I just get discouraged to log another week if I'm not going to lose the weight. I usually scan the barcode for everything, and no I don't have a scale. Did you see more success after getting a food scale?

the barcode info can be off for foods, if you arent weighing foods then once you do you will be surprised how much a portion/serving really is.also some MFP entries are off too. food packaging info can be off by up to 20%. If you weigh everything you will be more accurate in your calorie count. I was using cups to measure food and started gaining some of my weight back,once I came here I bought a food scale and started weighing everything. real eye opener.weight loss also is not linear so some weeks you may lose,some you may not and others you may gain(water weight from high sodium intake,that TOM,waste and so on.when you scan a barcode on something make sure the info matches the label(carbs,sugar,calories,etc). but weight everything, unless you are eating out and cant, then most things become an estimate(even when eating out something can be more calories than it states,thats where you use the website for that food chains food(if they have one) and enter the amount of calories on their nutrition facts area-it may be spot on or it may not).
  • CafeRacer808
    Options
    Sorry, I missed the bit about you not having a scale. That's your problem right there. You're estimating your intake without any idea of how many calories you're actually consuming.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    One of the most frustrating things about losing weight is feeling like you're trying so hard with no results to show for it. That's usually when I get real with myself, admit to eating more calories than I am telling myself.

If you truly, truly follow the MFP calorie counter you WILL lose weight. Be honest with yourself. If you try measuring and it's not working, then a scale will help you be more precise. I promise, once you get it down the weight will start falling off.
  • BonnieDundee78
    BonnieDundee78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a (cheap) digital kitchen scale after using a old school one. The difference is astounding. The 40g of cereal I was faithfully weighing out every morning turned out to be more like 75g. If I'd been eyeballing it, my estimate would have been even more off. It all adds up. The scale is definitely worth the investment.
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice but I can commiserate with you. I can not get out of the 190's either! I will try so hard and get down to 189 but it only lasts a day or two. Once I see 191-192 I get so discouraged and eat more. It's so stupid! Last time I got below that, I got down to 172 but that was only because I was logging religiously and only eating 1200 cals a day and I can't seem to do that anymore, I am too hungry! I've been trying so long to control my eating, I just want to see 180- when I step on the scale, but I feel like it's never gonna happen. The problem is I HATE my body in the 190's. :/ Don't know what we should do...
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    are you weighing and measuring everything you're eating?
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Doesn't it sometimes feel like an upward battle! I'm having a hard time breaking into the next lower 10's on the scale as well. Sometimes I think it's all in my head and that I self-sabatoge when it gets close to breaking into the next 10's downwards because I notice, from my diary, that I let foods creep back in that normally I don't eat very often.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Increasing my fiber intake really helped with combating hunger.
  • amymcd
    amymcd Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I too have this issue, getting into a next lower 10. I reach a new low and then bump back up again. Pretty sure it is in my head...Right now I'm up to 165, and I was down to 157 this summer. I jumped from 157 to 159, then stayed at 161 for awhile until the holidays.
  • beelinx
    beelinx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, I've successfully lost 40 pounds so far and with several things pulling me in all different directions I'm stuck. Still have 20 more I'd like to lose. I've seen several post about a digital scale. Looking into getting one for myself.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options