I NEED MEAT

Options
loko417
loko417 Posts: 11 Member
Hi all,

Tomorrow starts week 4 of my pescatarian life. Does anyone have tips to make this a more permanent lifestyle change for me?

Ps. Don't get me wrong, I love steak and bacon - I just don't love that agriculture is a huge contributor to global warming and the lack of freshwater world wide. Plus, I'm an animal lover.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Make it permanent by not eating meat? Surely if your beliefs are strong enough, avoiding meat should be easy?

You are the one that chooses what to eat - perhaps focus on less meat rather than no meat if you think it'll be a challenge?
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    loko417 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Tomorrow starts week 4 of my pescatarian life. Does anyone have tips to make this a more permanent lifestyle change for me?

Ps. Don't get me wrong, I love steak and bacon - I just don't love that agriculture is a huge contributor to global warming and the lack of freshwater world wide. Plus, I'm an animal lover.

Hey fish are animals too!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Not only that, the majority of the fish we eat comes from fish farming--look that up, and then maybe you'll go vegan!
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    I don't think OP is saying fish are not animals, rather, she is going pescatarian because of the meat industries impact in global warming. I am not sure why people are talking as if she said fish are inanimate objects :smile:

Anyways, as for making it a permanent life style change: I think you already did more than half of the work. The rest is really up to you, none else. Simply write down why you chose to start being a pescatarian, and read it back when you are having second thoughts.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    subcounter wrote: »
    I don't think OP is saying fish are not animals, rather, she is going pescatarian because of the meat industries impact in global warming. I am not sure why people are talking as if she said fish are inanimate objects :smile:

Anyways, as for making it a permanent life style change: I think you already did more than half of the work. The rest is really up to you, none else. Simply write down why you chose to start being a pescatarian, and read it back when you are having second thoughts.

Maybe it was the "I'm an animal lover" at the end.

If you're already at week 4, I'm pretty sure whatever you're doing is working. Just keep doing that.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    Cows are sacred to my culture but I still eat beef. Just know that one person cannot effect a change to the cruel habits of most of the world.

The best approach is mine - target animals that are not abused in the United States. I don't eat beef much. I eat goats.

One can argue even fish and big fish are treated poorly. Fish catching is actually more cruel.

Tacos are sacred to my culture, they damn sure are.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    People were going to make conscious decisions over the future of the world, but with the ascension of a bunch of T-Bills to the world's highest offices, we can be certain the planet may look like Mad Max's world in about 80 years.

Your best option is to hope to die in your 50s or 60s and exit the planet.

No worries.

I have a fast car and black leather pants.

I'm ready!
  • Bucknutz247
    Bucknutz247 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Lmao. Tacos
  • Reinvented46
    Reinvented46 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I just filled my tank , payed my cable bill cleaned the house still have a meal to put in the crock pot. Then I can exit
  • Reinvented46
    Options
    Wait... the list just got longer. I gotta go
  • Nitroalley2
    Nitroalley2 Posts: 3,419 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    ^Eating fish will do that.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Options
    Does this include milk and eggs too????
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    These make wonderful tacos.

beyond-meat-beef-free.jpg
  • Reinvented46
    Options
    I'm surprised everyone here has responding appropriately to this thread was certain you would get hit on
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised everyone here has responding appropriately to this thread was certain you would get hit on

What?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Not only that, the majority of the fish we eat comes from fish farming--look that up, and then maybe you'll go vegan!

I eat a lot of fish...none of it is farmed...all wild caught.