Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I like 1% homemade from the Greek deli.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I really like Siggi's Icelandic yogurt. Low calories, high protein.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Because I'm on a budget, I buy Greek yogurt at Aldi's. It tastes pretty good, and it costs a fraction of the other brands.
  • sfa90
    sfa90 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I like Skyr.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    If you find the taste too sugary, buy the plain and add jam/fruit spread/honey to it.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    The "best yogurt" for you may not be the best yogurt for someone else. Just choose one that you like, that fits in your calorie goal and that meets your nutritional requirements. For example, I love full fat yogurt and have no problem fitting those extra calories into my day, so that's what I typically eat. If it's harder for you fit in those extra calories, go for a lower fat option.
  • fwitsend1277
    fwitsend1277 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Skyr, super thick, high protein, low calorie
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    garber6th wrote: »
    I was a die hard Greek yogurt fan till I tried Siggi's Icelandic yogurt. It's low sugar, it's high protein like Greek yogurt, but to me it's much creamier and less tart tasting than Greek.

Target had this on sale this week - $1.00!

I bought a couple to try - strawberry rhubarb. Should be interesting.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I have been eating yoplait yogurts but feel like they have too much sugar. Would dannon whole yogurt be okay? Or is 0% 2% greek yogurt the healthiest choice?

If you like those yogurts, the eat them. Greek yogurts have more protein, so I'd naturally go for the Greek yogurt versions (I LOVE strawberry!). Unless you have a medical condition that requires one to track sugar, the you do not need to worry about sugar. Calories are what counts for weight loss.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    This isn't necessarily "the best," but I like it: Great Value Light Vanilla Greek Yogurt.

I haven't had it in a while, so I don't remember the values off the top of my head, but it's something like 120-130 Calories and 18-20 g protein.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    This isn't necessarily "the best," but I like it: Great Value Light Vanilla Greek Yogurt.

I haven't had it in a while, so I don't remember the values off the top of my head, but it's something like 120-130 Calories and 18-20 g protein.

This is what I am currently eating. I will eat any greek yogurt, almost, but I like the plain greek yogurt, because I can eat more for less calories and it is cheaper than buying the premixed varities IMO. I also like that I can add my own fruit or granola in.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I alternate between whole milk and 0% plain Greek yogurt, depending how many calories i have left. I cant eat it plain though, it makes my face hurt from all the contorting lol
    I buy a 1 kg tub of the plain kind, and add peanut butter or maple 0 calorie flavour drops into the whole tub, until i get it to taste how i want.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    garber6th wrote: »
    I was a die hard Greek yogurt fan till I tried Siggi's Icelandic yogurt. It's low sugar, it's high protein like Greek yogurt, but to me it's much creamier and less tart tasting than Greek.

Love Siggis! I loathe Greek yogurt, personally. I get the multi pack of 4 oz Noosa from Costco and use it as my dessert. Mmmmm

• ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried sheep yogurt? I can't do dairy and this was suggested to me bc of protein content. I do have to watch sugar content. Trader Joe's is a pretty good hike for me and I don't really want to drive there if it's not worth it or tastes nasty.
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I eat this now as one of my desserts. https://www.elliquark.com/quark/
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Ming1951 wrote: »

I'm so jealous you can get flavoured Quark. I can only get the regular old plain kind here, and it tastes terrible!
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Ming1951 wrote: »

I'm so jealous you can get flavoured Quark. I can only get the regular old plain kind here, and it tastes terrible!

I love it. I usually get the strawberry, haven't tried the blueberry yet. and the lemon is good too. My daughter liked the caramel but I haven't tried that either.
  • Snowdusk
    Snowdusk Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just love the taste of natural yoghurt the best :3 so I guess that's the best for me
  • dianemvalentino
    dianemvalentino Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love the plain non-fat Chobani Greek yogurt. I add a packet of Truvia and a big handful raspberries or blueberries. Great for protein, fiber and not all of the sugar added to sweetened yogurts.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Someone above mentioned jam/fruit spread. I want to eat plain non-fat Greek yogurt but only like it with cut up fresh strawberries which are not always in season. So maybe a sugar-free jam might be good with the plain yoguret. Thanks for sharing :)