Does your significant other know?

Options

Replies

• KimberSt
    KimberSt Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Mine knows and asks me if I remembered to record my food. He doesn't do it himself, but we are both trying to lose weight and he knows it helps me to be on here.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    mine knows and he sometimes uses it too... He thinks its great and is amazingly encouraging. He thinks all the advise y'all have is great and tries to apply it to his workouts as well when i tell him about it.
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My husband knows and he is on here! :) Message boards aren't his thing, though.. so logging in his diary is the extent of his activity here.
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    He knows and he doesn't mind at all. I thought he might have gotten weird when I posted during pictures last night, but I did it right in front of him and all he said was that he was so proud of me :-)

I do choose to not friend males though, just out of respect for him.
  • shestark
    shestark Posts: 9
    Options
    Wow I can't believe all the jealous BF or husbands. Shouldn't they just be happy for you that you are trying to take care of yourselves? My husband has no problem with it at all and encourages me to continue.
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    my husband knows, but doesn't care... he hasn't found the healthy band wagon yet, but thanks to me he has no choice but, to eat better sometimes.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    "For those who understand no explanation is needed, ...For those who don't none will do". - Jerry Lewis

Living for a spouse/friend/Significant other that does not embrace your 'life' plan is no way to live.

Life is too short to:

Drink bad coffee
    Put up with controlling people
    Wait for tomorrow
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My Hubby knows - He gets nervous when I try to lose weight or diet as I have a history of doing a very poor job of it and making myself sick. So he has my username and password and can log in whenever he wants and check my diary. I treat it just like FB - we have each other's usernames and passwords on FB too. Not that we check on each other but just so that we are both comfortable. Too many divorces and fights stem from FB and other social networking sites so we choose to keep everything very open.
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    my girlfriend is on here, but after the 3rd or 4th day, stopped using it and has done it without the website. She doesn't mind that I am on it so much though, because she knows this works for me.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    My wife knows...has my password....and sometimes helps me to log in my food and exercise. For all I know, she may be talking to some of you guys at times. There is no secrets PW between us, and we also have all our children's PW to their online accounts. Keeps everything and everyone safe.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Mine knows,why wouldnt I tell him? Hes cool with it,maybe a little suprised I have not gotten banned yet lol

lolol..... that's what my husband said to me!!! "Have you trolled the forums yet"
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    he knows.. he knows I want to lose weight and I think we both know I finally found something that works and it's something I stick with (we both know I never finish what I start). He doesn't care I go on the phone app 24/7, he may ask "who ya texting" or "whatcha doing" and I just say, logging my dinner and he knows. We are very close and open so we really have no secrets.

Sometimes he'll even ask, "are you sure you have enough calories for that?" if I go to choose something not so healthy.. sometimes I'm like YES! and other times I'm like, yeah you're right, I don't!..

He is super supportive with it and I don't think I could marry someone who wasn't.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    My husband knows. But he's jealous of my phone in general. lol If I'm on it, its either text messaging, FB or MFP. Drives him insane.
    lol ditto!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't care.. He likes me being on here because he knows its helping me finally lose the weight I need to lose. He has his hobbies and I have mine lol
  • Malloryrae1211
    Malloryrae1211 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My husband knows and makes fun of me for counting and measuring all my food. I wouldn't say he's jealous. He knows this is what is helping his wife find her way to a hot bod! haha! We went camping this past weekend and had no cell service so he drove all around the area looking for a place with service so I wouldn't lose my day count. Sometimes I wish he would jump on the bandwagon with me. He has no choice but to eat healthier when he's home but I find candy and junk food wrappers in his lunchbox everyday when he comes home from work so he's only eating right at dinner time. Sometimes I try to point on the calories in the candy but he doesn't seem to care. He always says, "I work really hard all day, I need these calories." Has anyone else been able to get their significant other to join MFP and lose weight? I don't want to come out and tell my husband he needs to lose weight but he does. When our first child was born he weighed 140lbs. That was almost 7 years ago but the weight has slowly creeped up on him and now he's somewhere around 195-200 and he's only 5'6.
  • BigBadVooDooBob
    Options
    Why would he/she be jealous? It's just a website. My wife knows that I MFP, but hasn't really looked at it yet. She does Weight Watchers, so we are both constantly updating via computer or Iphone.
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    yup he knows and as long as I dont talk about it all the time he's okay with it. He says for him its like im over obsessing. I've tried to get him to get on MFP but he doesnt have the time or energy to commit to it.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    My husband knows all about it. I talk to him about it and have the droid app. He knows that this is a big support system for me losing weight and he supports it 100%
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend does know and he is glad it's helping me lose weight (even though he says he loves me the way I am) but I think I drive everyone mad using my MFP iPhone app so I can log everything!! My mum and my boyfriend don't know much about what is involved with MFP like talking to other people etc. I've tried to get my mum to use it as she needs to lose more weight with diabetes but she refuses! I really wish she'd try it cos I know it would help her and maybe shock her into being more serious about losing weight!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I'd want a significant other that got jealous of my health and fitness activities. Fortunately, she isn't, but does find it a bit odd that I'd spend so much time cheering on people I've never met. Better than being glued to an Xbox all day though!