Eating two quest bars a day...slightly obsessed...

Options

Replies

• walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    OMG, I am so glad you wrote this. I was wondering if I was the only one that has a mini (ok not so mini) obsession with them. They are almost my favorite thing to eat of all time, but I only have one every other day. Not sure why I've limited myself that way, but probably cost is biggest factor. I've got to try that Cookies and Cream one, but I'm a little scared because I may not be able to control myself.
  • Welcome2theHellmouth
    Welcome2theHellmouth Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    So glad I'm not the only one! I eat 1-3 a day. They don't bother my stomach at all but do really help with staying full!!
  • ezekielswheel
    ezekielswheel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 every week day. I use to have 2 every morning for breakfast, but now I eat one around 8 a.m. (I wake up at 4) and another somewhere around the 3-4 p.m. range.
    I've tried them all and my go-to favorite is the Chocolate Brownie - because you know, I love chocolate brownies.
  • jessimacd
    jessimacd Posts: 53 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Just an FYI to everyone who enjoys protein bars, if you have a Costco nearby, the new Kirkland brand ones are awesome! There's chocolate chip cookie dough and chocolate brownie in a box (10 of each), and they're realllllly good nuked for 10-15 seconds. The chocolate chunks get all melty and delicious. :smiley:
    https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-Protein-Bar-Chocolate-Brownie-%26-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-Dough,-2-pack,-2-count.product.100296106.html
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    jessimacd wrote: »
    Just an FYI to everyone who enjoys protein bars, if you have a Costco nearby, the new Kirkland brand ones are awesome! There's chocolate chip cookie dough and chocolate brownie in a box (10 of each), and they're realllllly good nuked for 10-15 seconds. The chocolate chunks get all melty and delicious. :smiley:
    https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-Protein-Bar-Chocolate-Brownie-%26-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-Dough,-2-pack,-2-count.product.100296106.html

The one I tried recently (maybe it wasn't a new one?) was low on fiber, high in sugar, and had about the same protein as a Quest bar. I can't remember if the calories were comparable but it doesn't matter because I hated the taste so much I spit it out. Then again, I didn't microwave.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Sara1791 wrote: »

The one I tried recently (maybe it wasn't a new one?) was low on fiber, high in sugar, and had about the same protein as a Quest bar. I can't remember if the calories were comparable but it doesn't matter because I hated the taste so much I spit it out. Then again, I didn't microwave.

that must have been a different one you tried - the kirkland ones are very similar numbers to quest
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

SEW good. And like 1/3 of the cost here in Canada.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

ALWAYS nuke it!!!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    They're about 200 calories a pop. That's enough to wipe out a half lb deficit per week, so I limit myself to 1 most days!
  • Jazzykatt
    Jazzykatt Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have 1 for breakfast and one as a snack. I love these bars, especially chocolate chip cookie dough and white chocolate raspberry. They satisfy my cravings and help me stay away from cookies and snack cakes.
  • Sara1791
    Options

that must have been a different one you tried - the kirkland ones are very similar numbers to quest

Then I'm still on a quest! Get it? :)
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Old thread but Quest bars are good. Brownie nuked for 15 sec....delish!
    Cant beat the fiber too.
  • gxfisher
    gxfisher Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    http://www.questnutrition.com/protein-bars

Sample Boxes are available and at the bottom of the page.

Their Vanilla Milkshake Powder is awesome. It can even make Green SuperFoods powder taste palatable :-)

Oh and they now have .....CHIPS!!! :-)
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

You weren't eating Kirkland then. The net carbs on Kirkland are better than on Quest (3 net in their cookie dough versus 5 in Quest), the protein I believe is identical or within 1 gram anyway. Kirkland also tastes better and is more cost effective.

But KIR- give me Oh Yeah! One Pumpkin Pie bars before anything lol. I struggle with moderating this stuff though so they are relegated as travel only foods ;)
  • cloverdaisy
    cloverdaisy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them ALL THE TIME!!! I got them from 24 Hour Fitness at $25/box (12 bars per box).
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I apologize and not meant to burst anyone's bubble..but I have not read anything good about Quest Bars.

http://www.fooducate.com/app#!page=post&id=57A351AD-2EBA-77AC-49DE-8FBDAE463A22

Please feel free to enjoy them, eat them , whatever you like, I only post this as I looked into them , because my daughter said she loves them..

Make your own determination, by all means..maybe this article is baloney..maybe not..
  • Sara1791
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »

You weren't eating Kirkland

Yep, you're right. Turns out they were another brand my SIL says she picked up at Costco.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

Yep, you're right. Turns out they were another brand my SIL says she picked up at Costco.

What were they? I like to avoid bad protein bars ;) haha
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Jazzykatt wrote: »
    I have 1 for breakfast and one as a snack. I love these bars, especially chocolate chip cookie dough and white chocolate raspberry. They satisfy my cravings and help me stay away from cookies and snack cakes.

Those are my favorites too!
  • Sara1791
    Options

What were they? I like to avoid bad protein bars ;) haha

I won't be able to find out till Saturday (traveling). They might have been pure protein but I don't want to swear to that because when I looked those up online they said "less than 2 grams of sugar" on the package and that's not what I remember reading on the nutrition label. So I'm going to refrain from bad mouthing until I get home and look for the other bar that I think is down in the deep dark recesses of my gym bag.