The 7 day cabbage soup diet

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    ummm, why has this thread been revived 5 years later??????? :s

It's January and everyone is googling foolproof ways to lose weight.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    What is the point of this diet that makes it any more efficient than eating your favourite foods, just in a smaller portion to maintain a deficit?
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I hear it's tasty with a little ACV added in...

That's funny.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Wow, I feel special that it's still going strong....long live the cabbage
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    nisijam5 wrote: »

Well I wouldn't consider discrediting it as going strong, but yeah people have taken an interest in it that's for sure
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    UGH I HATE cabbage! I wish I liked it! Its so healthy and low calorie but YUCK. If there was only a way to make it NOT taste like cabbage without adding calories to it.
  • Master_Butcher
    Master_Butcher Posts: 50 Member
    edited January 2017
    Lol. This isn't good. I guess everyone goes through their crawling phase. Be sure to bookmark this and revisit it in a years time. It'll be a barell of laughs to you - providing you continue on your fitness journey.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,048 Member

Bahahaaaa.... yes, long live cabbage! I love old cabbage soup diet threads! I never heard of this until MFP and it makes me laugh every time because I DO eat cabbage soup for lunch several times a week. Been doing so for years. Love cabbage. Love soup. I make it a bunch of different ways and don't get tired of it. Cheers!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    The 7 day crap storm diet.

I could use this actually. I'd save on my stupid GI meds.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    I like cabbage. I eat it regularly in various forms - coleslaw, soup etc.

But cabbage soup diet is just nonsense.
  • GYATagain
    GYATagain Posts: 141 Member
    Have to admit, I love the cabbage soup - just not the diet part. However, the cabbage part of that soup, well, no one likes me liking the soup.... buahahahahaha. Anywho - I have adjusted the soup to just all the other veggies, FF chicken broth (low sodium) and 2 cups of Salsa verde and 2 cups of any other salsa you like, leaving out the cabbage if it makes you not so loveable - and YEAH!! It is still nicely low calorie for a whole bowl AND a lot of flavor. I make it during the winter and we have it for lunches all week long.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    I love cabbage and eat it cooked or raw. Cabbage soup on the other hand I can't get it past my nose. When I was about 6 my grandmother died. We went to visit her elderly two sisters who lived together after the service. Their home reaked of cabbage soup,I smell that stuff and it brings me back to over 50 years ago in their little home. It's weird how the mind works.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member

Are you still eating the soup? :laugh:
  • esneer1
    esneer1 Posts: 42 Member
    edited February 2017
    I love cabbage soup! I wouldn't do the 7 day diet because I dont do well with restriction and (for me) it leads to 10lbs loss followed by 15-20lb gain. Not worth it. Plus I love eating real food! I wont bother lecturing you on the you need to eat foods and not restrict yourself - I'm sure plenty of other comments will cover this. But, I wanted to share with you what makes my cabbage soup recipe really satisfying!

My recipe for the cabbage soup, I use spicy V8 for the broth of the soup. I also add some sort of meat - sausage or chicken or even ground turkey - then will eat it for lunches. It is low calorie and more filling with meat added.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Got asked the other day if the soup I was eating was Cabbage soup.

Without thinking I quickly replied "Oh God no" to the one religious person in the office :)

BTW, was a really good wicked Thai soup.
  • ashorey87
    ashorey87 Posts: 173 Member
    WHY DO PEOPLE STILL DO THIS *kitten*!?

And yes, I meant for that to be in caps.
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    I tried that one when I was desperate!!! It "worked" till I ate normally again, if you like soups, make some and enjoy it but not as a flush,diet, etc. Body normally can get rid of toxins on it's own :D