Stay-at-home moms 1/26-2/1

Options

Replies

• farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    Hello Ladies~ Do you mind if I join you??
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    PS Hubby agrees that it's margarita time....except for me it will be a daiquri, I can't drink tequila :sick:

I shouldn't drink it either-- "tequila makes her clothes fall off-- " hee :blushing:

As for bullying-- we've told our sons not to start fights and never hit someone first-- BUT-- if someone is in your face and/or throws a first punch, knock 'em on their @$$. My eldest has had to do it twice in high school, and both times witnesses said he had been punched first and his was retaliatory-- they tried to suspend him too the first time, but we raised holy hell. So, my son is supposed to get punched in the face and go home and tell his mommy? I don't think so--

Alas, this is why we homeschool the rest-- we wish we hadn't gone this route with the eldest-- he's changed so much in ways we don't like-- but he was so emotionally invested, we let him go back to graduate. But, no more--

Nite all-- off to work!
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Okay all this talk about drinking makes me want one!!

I am so in:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options

come on in!:flowerforyou:
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    Good evening ladies,

Give me one of those daiquries maybe that would settle my nerves regarding tomorrow. Ladies I had my very first mammo the end of July last year and they found a spot and had me come back in for a second set of pictures then that very same day they ended up doing a byopsy cause they were still seeing it so then it came back banyne but I still had it removed cause it was larger than most as I was told and that there was still a chance in the future that it could turn into cancer, so I had it removed Oct. 6th of 08 and now it has been six months since my first set of pictures and I have to go back and have a mammo again so they can get a good picture of the scar tissue WELL I am nervouse scared and all of the above that they may find something again. And what makes it even worse is when they found the first one I came home and did umteen self exams and still couldn't find the lump and when I went in to see the surgent the surgent had a hard time also, he said it was that deep that it was hard to feel:noway: :ohwell: So I have the mammo tomorrow and probably won't know anything until next week:angry: so if you could please send up a prayer I would be very gratefull.

Thank you:flowerforyou:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Thanks for understanding. Hubby is home now and has been on the phone calling all the kids that were there and saw what happened. He wanted to make sure that what we heard from our son was how it went down since he is planning a trip to the school tomorrow. Roughly 5 kids say the same thing. That they were just standing around eating lunch and this kid came in, started spewing stuff at my son and my son told him "leave, just go" to which the other kid pushed him and told him he didnt have to leave. My son pushed him back as a kneejerk reaction... kinda like "hey man, hands off" and the other kid pushed him again then punched him in the face then turned and ran. My son went after him and another kid handed him an apple. He threw it at him and missed.

SOOOOO, given that, hubby is taking a trip to the principals office to file a grievence against the assistant principal. He is also going to call the sherrifs office about a deputy that spoke with my son after the incident. Quite basically, this was assault and neither the deputy OR the assistant principal investigated it at all. They simply took the other childs word over my sons and that kid lied his butt off.
    Hes checking out the state law regarding this whole mess. (gotta love havin guy with a criminal justice background! :drinker: to see if they violated any laws and it looks like hes already found several things that they did wrong.

Im going with him just to listen.... LOL...This is gonna get good....

PS.. Im known as the Tequila queen....Id explain but it'd be another book :laugh:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

Welcome aboard!! :smile:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Welcome farmgirl.

Losingit-please let us know how that works out.....oh if I were a fly on the wall :happy:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Thanks for understanding. Hubby is home now and has been on the phone calling all the kids that were there and saw what happened. He wanted to make sure that what we heard from our son was how it went down since he is planning a trip to the school tomorrow. Roughly 5 kids say the same thing. That they were just standing around eating lunch and this kid came in, started spewing stuff at my son and my son told him "leave, just go" to which the other kid pushed him and told him he didnt have to leave. My son pushed him back as a kneejerk reaction... kinda like "hey man, hands off" and the other kid pushed him again then punched him in the face then turned and ran. My son went after him and another kid handed him an apple. He threw it at him and missed.

SOOOOO, given that, hubby is taking a trip to the principals office to file a grievence against the assistant principal. He is also going to call the sherrifs office about a deputy that spoke with my son after the incident. Quite basically, this was assault and neither the deputy OR the assistant principal investigated it at all. They simply took the other childs word over my sons and that kid lied his butt off.
    Hes checking out the state law regarding this whole mess. (gotta love havin guy with a criminal justice background! :drinker: to see if they violated any laws and it looks like hes already found several things that they did wrong.

Im going with him just to listen.... LOL...This is gonna get good....

PS.. Im known as the Tequila queen....Id explain but it'd be another book :laugh:

Kick some *kitten*-- these schools are out of control. Show 'em who's the boss!! :angry:
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    Good evening ladies,

Give me one of those daiquries maybe that would settle my nerves regarding tomorrow. Ladies I had my very first mammo the end of July last year and they found a spot and had me come back in for a second set of pictures then that very same day they ended up doing a byopsy cause they were still seeing it so then it came back banyne but I still had it removed cause it was larger than most as I was told and that there was still a chance in the future that it could turn into cancer, so I had it removed Oct. 6th of 08 and now it has been six months since my first set of pictures and I have to go back and have a mammo again so they can get a good picture of the scar tissue WELL I am nervouse scared and all of the above that they may find something again. And what makes it even worse is when they found the first one I came home and did umteen self exams and still couldn't find the lump and when I went in to see the surgent the surgent had a hard time also, he said it was that deep that it was hard to feel:noway: :ohwell: So I have the mammo tomorrow and probably won't know anything until next week:angry: so if you could please send up a prayer I would be very gratefull.

Thank you:flowerforyou:

I will say a little prayer for you that everything works out!!! Hope you have great day other then that!!

Talk to you later:flowerforyou:
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Good Morning Mommys !!!

Losingit4good~ I hope things get taken care of... I hate how people dont look in to stuff and just got and do things! I dont think the schools actually care anymore.

Well I am slowly startig to see the scale move down again I hope it stays going down, I have to break that hurdle and shrink.

My daughter Cali turned 6 couple weeks ago and she wanted to get her ears pierced, so we went bought the earrings and they put the marker on her ear and she then got scared and didnt want it done, anyone have any advice to help her get over the scared part cause she really wants them she is just very scared.

Everyone have a great day!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lisa.

Hey veteran mothers....I have a VERY constipated 6 month old baby. I've tried to decrease her cereal intake and up her fruit intake. I'm trying to nurse her more, but this has been going on for weeks now and I'm not sure what to do. She used to scream bloody murder when she'd finally have a BM but now she just throws up cuz she's pushing so hard. Any suggestions??

when my niece was a baby she was constipated and wouldn't drink prune juice, so my sister's pediatrition told her to try pear juice. if i remember correctly, it worked pretty well.
  • mommachag
    Options
    My daughter Cali turned 6 couple weeks ago and she wanted to get her ears pierced, so we went bought the earrings and they put the marker on her ear and she then got scared and didnt want it done, anyone have any advice to help her get over the scared part cause she really wants them she is just very scared.

honestly I would just wait until she is ready, and from what I read the places that use the guns aren't the best places to go. If it is done at a place that does peicings it's supposed to hurt less and be more sanitary. check into it:wink:
  • SarainKS
    Options
    Hi girls! Mind if I join ya? My name is Sara and I'm a stay at home mom to 2 wonderful boys, ages 3 and 1. Yes they keep me very busy. :)

So I just need some support and motivation. This has always been my lowest point when it came to diet and exercising. Then I found this site and it just looks too good to be true. I've been doing the 30 day shred just on Tues and Wed this week. I plan on doing it 5 days a week. Maybe if my legs don't fall off before then. But I'm going to stick with it. Uggh...

Anyway -

My starting weight is 139 and I haven't weighed since Monday (that's my check in day). I'm hoping to lose around 1-2 pounds per week with watching my calories too. I've never done calories before so this should be interesting. I'm really not looking for a big weight loss, I just want to tone and lose inches. That's my huge problem area.
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    Hi girls! Mind if I join ya? My name is Sara and I'm a stay at home mom to 2 wonderful boys, ages 3 and 1. Yes they keep me very busy. :)

So I just need some support and motivation. This has always been my lowest point when it came to diet and exercising. Then I found this site and it just looks too good to be true. I've been doing the 30 day shred just on Tues and Wed this week. I plan on doing it 5 days a week. Maybe if my legs don't fall off before then. But I'm going to stick with it. Uggh...

Anyway -

My starting weight is 139 and I haven't weighed since Monday (that's my check in day). I'm hoping to lose around 1-2 pounds per week with watching my calories too. I've never done calories before so this should be interesting. I'm really not looking for a big weight loss, I just want to tone and lose inches. That's my huge problem area.

Welcome to the group!

Everyone is great support and motiviation!!

Jules:flowerforyou:
  • SarainKS
    Options
    Whoever asked about constipation...try Gerber's pear juice. It works wonders!!!! I used to work for a ped. and this is what we would tell people to use. Babies like the taste better than prune. You don't need much either.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Ladies thanks for the tip on pear juice I will try that.

I'm checking in a little late today. DD decided to take a early nap so I jumped at the opportunity to get my workout in early. Then my son had his computer time and then lunch and now here I am FINALLY!

Welcome Sara. I hope you can find the inspiration, motivation and support that you need here. These ladies are amazing.

Not much to say...same old same old here. Weather is looking lovely today so I might get to walk today...OHHHH how I miss my walks!!! Is it spring yet???

Anyway hope you all have a healthy day!
  • Summarain
    Summarain Posts: 145
    Options
    I just wanted to throw in a quick note---

I got my taxes filed!!!!! WAHOO!!!!! I love getting them done before the end of Jan.

me too!!!:drinker:
  • mommachag
    Options
    it isn't even 3pm and I am over my fat grams for the day. today AF came to visit so crap in a hat I went and had a whopper jr. it could have been worse so. I guess i have to squeeze my workout in today even though I feel yucky

:angry:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    it isn't even 3pm and I am over my fat grams for the day. today AF came to visit so crap in a hat I went and had a whopper jr. it could have been worse so. I guess i have to squeeze my workout in today even though I feel yucky

:angry:

Don't stress it. You are right it could have been worse, so be proud that you chose the lesser of 2(or 10) evils. If you get your workout in great, if not...drink more water. That's my answer to every bad choice...more water :smile:

Okay ladies I have to word vomit a little because I have those bad voices in my head and I'm hoping if I just get it out they will go away.....
    I am not seeing any difference in my body. SEEING....I can feel a difference strength wise and I know my body is changing cuz I just bought smaller jeans but I can SEE it in the mirror. I don't know if this is because I've always seen myself differently that the way I am or because nothing is happening. I really thought after 30 lbs I would look better. Granted a great majority of that 30 lbs is baby weight but still....In my eyes I actually look fatter. My stomach looks saggy and jiggly and gross. I'm at the point where I'm actually doubting that I'm going to look good when I hit my goal of 165. That's 20 pounds from now I don't think it's going to be enough. UGH! I know better than to sabatoge myself mentally like this but the thoughts are there day in and day out. I just wanted to get them out and move forward. Thanks for reading.