Hip thrusts

Options
2»

Replies

• Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You can put a Hampton bar pad around the squat sponge for extra padding if the squat sponge by itself isn't enough.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    You can put a Hampton bar pad around the squat sponge for extra padding if the squat sponge by itself isn't enough.

OK I am going to try this... Thanks!!!!
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You're welcome! I do GG too.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    I workout in my basement, and I actually created my own plywood bumper plates to use. (Originally meant for my deadlifts, but now use them for both deads and hip thrutst.

They are double thick 1/2" sheets, cut into circles using a jigsaw, then glued and screwed together. I used a thick duct tape around the edges to handle slivers and painted them black. Best thing is that they weigh a whopping 5lb each (exactly), so they don't add a lot of weight, but do make it easy to roll the bar over my thighs.
    @StarGazerPicTaker
    Can you post some pictures?
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I workout in my basement, and I actually created my own plywood bumper plates to use. (Originally meant for my deadlifts, but now use them for both deads and hip thrutst.

They are double thick 1/2" sheets, cut into circles using a jigsaw, then glued and screwed together. I used a thick duct tape around the edges to handle slivers and painted them black. Best thing is that they weigh a whopping 5lb each (exactly), so they don't add a lot of weight, but do make it easy to roll the bar over my thighs.
    @StarGazerPicTaker
    Can you post some pictures?

@nakedraygun here you go! li9rk6az6wpu.png
  • trudie_b
    trudie_b Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Love this, for so many reasons!
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I totally did hip thrusts last night. I was doing 85x15,so I bumped to 95x15 for set one. It was still easy.. So I bumped to 125....and still did 15 for the next two!

Next time, I'll see if 135 makes me stop sooner. Haha

(lbs)

I do have bruises on my hips, but hey... They'll heal! Haha