Any women trying to gain weight

I weighed 93lbs on January 9 and I started this 12 week program called shortcut to size on bodyspace. As of now I weigh 97lbs. Just wondering if there are any woman out their besides myself trying to gain weight vs loosing weight

Replies

• Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    I am trying to gain about 30-40 pounds. I am on a restricted autoimmune plus low carb diet for health issues, so I focus on eating fatty cuts of meat and healthy fats for the calories. I am doing very light cardio, but will start strength training after I gain somewhere between 5-10 pounds
  • whitney12rodriguez
    whitney12rodriguez Posts: 26 Member
    edited February 2017
    Btw I eat 3000 calories a day. Sometimes I do skip a shake here and there or I leave the cliff bar out because I am already full but even with that I still meet 3000 calories and my last shake I drink around 10 before I go to bed. I also workout too. Zero cardio just lifting.
  • Lol I don't eat my food just plain. I add spices and stuff to it. I add BBQ sauce and yes I make pasta too and add Alfredo sauce lol. I make a regular delicious meal lol I just try to stick to what it says as like a structure. You can actually make a lot of different dishes.
  • Thanks guys for the tips! I've been testing different protein powders but can't seem to find a decent one. Either tastes too grainy or not a good flavor... any suggestions on product brands?
  • whitney12rodriguez
    whitney12rodriguez Posts: 26 Member
    edited February 2017
    JYM protein that is what I am taking. It taste great. If you go online and search JYM pro they actually have the flavor rating. I like the vanilla. https://www.google.com/amp/www.bodybuilding.com/store/jym/pro-jym.html?amp=1?client=safari

They sell it at GNC.
  • amcheckeye
    amcheckeye Posts: 1 Member
    I'm with you ladies. I'm trying to gain weight, but I'm having a really hard time because my diet is so restricted. I have celiac's disease, a casein allergy, and I'm lactose-fructose intolerant. So I'm on a zero gluten, zero dairy, and very low sugar diet (total sugars allowed per day is 25g). The struggle is very real. Right now I'm around 18% body fat so I may start to add cardio once a week in addition to lifting.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    amcheckeye wrote: »
    I'm with you ladies. I'm trying to gain weight, but I'm having a really hard time because my diet is so restricted. I have celiac's disease, a casein allergy, and I'm lactose-fructose intolerant. So I'm on a zero gluten, zero dairy, and very low sugar diet (total sugars allowed per day is 25g). The struggle is very real. Right now I'm around 18% body fat so I may start to add cardio once a week in addition to lifting.

Keep in mind that cardio burns calories.. so you will have to eat even more to keep up your surplus.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Does anyone else not like that fact that this app doesn't congratulate you when you gain weight only when you loose weight

Yes! And red numbers when I go over my calories!
    I understand why but it would be nice to get a pat on the back!
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Thanks guys for the tips! I've been testing different protein powders but can't seem to find a decent one. Either tastes too grainy or not a good flavor... any suggestions on product brands?

I heard optimum nutrition was a good brand, tried it and never tried anything else.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    JYM protein that is what I am taking. It taste great. If you go online and search JYM pro they actually have the flavor rating. I like the vanilla. https://www.google.com/amp/www.bodybuilding.com/store/jym/pro-jym.html?amp=1?client=safari

They sell it at GNC.

I would consider switching when you run out. In independent testing, it's fairly poorly rated for quality.

https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein
  • Does anyone else not like that fact that this app doesn't congratulate you when you gain weight only when you loose weight

Yes! And red numbers when I go over my calories!
    I understand why but it would be nice to get a pat on the back!

I know, right! Lol
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    I came to the point where I like the red numbers now. I don't know how I would feel if it was fixed lol.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Hamsibian wrote: »
    I came to the point where I like the red numbers now. I don't know how I would feel if it was fixed lol.

Yes,I've learned to love them!