• jamierobinson12
    jamierobinson12 Posts: 29 Member
    It's a scam don't bother with it.
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    Overpriced for what it is.
  • DietVanillaCoke
    DietVanillaCoke Posts: 259 Member
    Herbalife is a pyramid scam. I'm surprised people still buy into it but then again people get desperate when it comes to weight loss. Is your friend trying to sell it by any chance? I had a friend who tried to sell it and kept saying how she was losing all this weight without any effort, she's still morbidly obese and is now back to selling avon.

If you need protein there are better shakes out there for less. I personally like USN, it's not too pricey and i like the cookies and cream flavor but it's good to shop around, you can always go cheaper.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,481 Member
    Over priced for a minimal quality protein source. Don't pay extra money to satisfy the sellers. There are many other options with better quality for less cost.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • tramaine_21
    tramaine_21 Posts: 348 Member
    I've heard about it by this young British gymnast whose been promoting it. From what I'm reading, it seems like it's not a wise decision to purchase this product.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    I've heard about it by this young British gymnast whose been promoting it. From what I'm reading, it seems like it's not a wise decision to purchase this product.

Two of my favourite Russian figure skaters - one man and one woman - spent a few months spruiking this a couple of years ago. It was especially squicky because the woman had been getting endless amounts of crap from the Russian press/fans for being "fat" (actually, she turned from a little girl into a woman - ie, got boobs and a butt). I was glad when those posts stopped appearing on my instagram feed.
  • nomorepuke
    nomorepuke Posts: 320 Member
    edited February 2017
    All the artificial food replacements like Herbalife or Shakeology is nothing but a scam. Why would you pay for some overpriced junk? I don't doubt that some people lost weight by using those stuff but it's not gonna work in the long run unless you're willing to replace real food with those Herbalife for the rest of your life.
    If you need extra protein, eat hard boiled eggs for God's sake. It's $0.99 a case at Kroger!!!!
  • AmandaM19872014
    AmandaM19872014 Posts: 3 Member
    I Use Herbalife & Love It!! I Had Gastric Bypass Surgery Years Ago Therefore I'm Supposed To Get Plenty Of Protein In. Herbalife Is Quick and easy. Love all the different flavors. When you do Herbalife you don't just drink shakes, you eat a healthy meal as well and snacks.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    I Use Herbalife & Love It!! I Had Gastric Bypass Surgery Years Ago Therefore I'm Supposed To Get Plenty Of Protein In. Herbalife Is Quick and easy. Love all the different flavors. When you do Herbalife you don't just drink shakes, you eat a healthy meal as well and snacks.

Herbalife shakes don't have much protein in them. Plus, there are cheaper out there. My current protein powder has 35g of protein per serving and is $60 for a 3 month tub.
  • emeraldbullsnake
    emeraldbullsnake Posts: 10 Member
    From the research i did on it when my coworkers were selling it I Came to the conclusion thats its just not good for me too many chemicals, Sugar, and low quality ingredients i didnt even know about the liver failure until today for me thats just the cherry on top
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,386 MFP Moderator
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Here's John Oliver's thoughts on Herbalife:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6MwGeOm8iI

I love John Oliver and watch all his episodes.
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    my coworker and I did it for a month and it worked for me but of course when I stopped I gained the weight back. it made my coworkers hair fall out. again it worked but I was dying of starvation so of course I was losing weight. a real waste of money but I judge no one who does it. we all learn from our mistakes
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    my coworker and I did it for a month and it worked for me but of course when I stopped I gained the weight back. it made my coworkers hair fall out. again it worked but I was dying of starvation so of course I was losing weight. a real waste of money but I judge no one who does it. we all learn from our mistakes

If you were miserable and gained all the weight back, I'm not sure how "it worked". Don't eat anything at all for 2 weeks and that will "work" as well. "Working" in the weight loss world is measured in years, not weeks or months in my opinion.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member

I had weight loss surgery as well and also have high protein consumption requirements. There are TONS of protein powders and drinks on the market that are much better quality and much less expensive, and they taste great. With any of them you would eat healthy meals and snacks, there is nothing magical about Herbalife.
  • jnducharme
    jnducharme Posts: 83 Member
    Pyramid scheme scam. Eat real veggies not unknown powder from a company that has ripped hundred of thousands of people off.
  • UK92
    UK92 Posts: 53 Member
    edited February 2017
    Just buy some protein/meal replacement shakes that aren't advertised as magic weight loss tools. They don't need to be this expensive (if the prices on Amazon are similar to distributor prices).