So lost and alone

Options
Hello. I am sorry to bother you all with my problems but I don't have anyone else to turn to. As a bit of backstory, I gained almost 100 pounds in the 9 years after I married my husband. I have tons of excuses, but they don't matter. I am disgusted with myself, but not as much as my husband is disgusted with me. He flat out said he is unattracted to me; I broke our vows by gaining so much weight. I love him so much and want my marriage to work. I've lost just over 50 pounds so far, but to my husband it isn't enough. He's not supporting my loss; he mocks my food scale and logging and says I never should have gotten fat to begin with.

Well, i just found out he's been talking to these thin and gorgeous women on tinder. I confronted him, and he said he was only talking and I should be grateful that he's not actually cheating on me. I feel so lost...

I know I shouldn't forgive him; this should be a deal breaker. But the thought of being alone makes me physically ill. Am I overreacting? If he's never actually slept with anyone else, should I care he's talking sexy with these women? I know that I won't find anyone else, so if my marriage ends, I'll be alone.

Thanks.

Replies

• WinnieLearns2BStrong
    Options
    Thank you all so much for responding. You're all right, of course; right now I'm just so confused
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    ((( Hugs ))) ^ what they all have said. Take care of yourself mentally (talk to a therapist) & physically (sounds like you're doing amazing thus far in the weight loss department, Good job!!! Keep it up) ... you are SO worth it!!!
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    You deserve better. As I've discovered recently, some people don't take vows as seriously as others. You have to do what's best for you, because IMHO, your husband sounds like a selfish prick. Nothing's worse than feeling that no matter what you do or how hard you try, that your spouse isn't there for you or would rather be with someone else.
  • WinnieLearns2BStrong
    Options
    I actually have tears in my eyes. You all are so much kinder to me than I deserve. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.