A few questions for all of you

Options
PersianKitty94
PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
edited February 2017 in Chit-Chat
Lets say you are married. Lets say you also have a sister/brother. How would you react to finding out that your significant other cheated on you with your sibling? And ended up getting married? If you were the sibling who broke up this marriage, would you ever trust the guy/girl you stole from your sister ? This isn't about my life. Just something that happened to a very distant family member.

Replies

• AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    They wouldn't be my significant other for too much longer and my sister/brother would have a lot of explaining to do too.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    So your husband cheated on you with your sister and then they got Married?
    Isn't thst illegal since you and he were already married?
  • PersianKitty94
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    So your husband cheated on you with your sister and then they got Married?
    Isn't thst illegal since you and he were already married?

You find out about it so you divorce him/her and then they get married.
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    This kind of sounds like a Lifetime movie.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    This literally happened in my family. Not pretty.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Really really hard feelings..unforgivable. I feel for the person this happened to.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I have a brother and were both straight, so can't totally put myself in their shoes, but that just seems incestuous and gross. Unless you are Robert Plant, because rock stars do things differently. If I wasn't directly involved I would just mind my own business and not take sides. Never take sides in family squabbles, ever. If this is an "asking for a friend" situation I'd say if you can deal forgive and forget. You only get one family. If it's too much to handle emotionally say goodbye to both, because they come as a pair.
  • PersianKitty94
    Options
    I have a brother and were both straight, so can't totally put myself in their shoes, but that just seems incestuous and gross. Unless you are Robert Plant, because rock stars do things differently. If I wasn't directly involved I would just mind my own business and not take sides. Never take sides in family squabbles, ever. If this is an "asking for a friend" situation I'd say if you can deal forgive and forget. You only get one family. If it's too much to handle emotionally say goodbye to both, because they come as a pair.

I'm not trying to take sides. When I heard about it, I was just surprised that something like that actually happens.
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    The cheating spouse and sibling I could never trust again. My sibling I could forgive because family, the ex-spouse no way. I'd never attend a family gathering either if the two of them were there, except for maybe a wedding or funeral.
  • Bucknutz247
    Bucknutz247 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    How much will the proctologist cost.? Because one of them is gonna be removing my boot from there *kitten*.
  • Miz_T
    Miz_T Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'd say family reunions just got interesting.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Lets say you are married. Lets say you also have a sister/brother. How would you react to finding out that your significant other cheated on you with your sibling? And ended up getting married? If you were the sibling who broke up this marriage, would you ever trust the guy/girl you stole from your sister ? This isn't about my life. Just something that happened to a very distant family member.

I would no longer have a spouse or sibling. The only situation that might be forgiveable to me is if I was in a coma for 5+ years and they got together and fell in love during that time.
    I would not have a affair with nor would I marry my sibling's spouse. That is against my code of behavior as a sibling and a spouse.
    If the sibling or myself divorced and we got together after their relationship was well over then that would be different.
    I don't like my siblings' spouses or dh's sibling much as friends much less a potential romantic partner.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    No freaking way would I ever have anything to do with either of them. Family or not I just could not ever reconcile that relationship.

I had a best friend do that to me years ago...I couldn't imagine the pain of having a family member doing it.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    I would say none of this sounds good. That is some serious betrayal.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I would wish them best and remove them from my life.

Good advice.