Breakfast Ideas!

Options
2»

Replies

• MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I usually have a bowl of cereal, a low-cal yogurt, and a bowl of fruit - usually works out to about 250 cals. and is super filling!!
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    A breakfast sandwich is my go-to. Nice and filling!

Toasted english muffin, poached egg white, lean black forest ham, and very little bit o' cheese. Mm!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I like to mix breakfast up. But my breakfasts always consist of some type of fruit. Banana, Orange, Cantaloupe, Berries, etc

Sometimes I have an egg.
    Sometimes I have a small bowl of cereal with milk
    Sometimes I have a pkg of instant oatmeal with fresh fruit in it.
    Sometimes I have a yogurt.
  • Tribonian
    Tribonian Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    For convenient, I really like a salad some mornings- just spring mix, shredded carrots, and rice vinegar most of the time but I'll add in sunflower seeds, whatever fresh vegetables are around, or a small portion of meat (usually pastrami or grilled chicken breast). I also find carrots or falafel with hummus quick, easy, and satisfying

I try to stuff myself with one very large meal a day and when it is breakfast, it is usually leftovers.

Good Luck!
  • luscadero
    luscadero Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of scrambled egg whites/egg beaters on a whole grain english muffin with various veggies, like spinach or a dollop of leftover guacamole, a half oz of cheese... That kind of thing. Easy to make. I also like "egg mugs" because I can throw some salsa, black beans, cheddar, etc. in a mug with egg whites and microwave it, if I'm in a hurry.

Or, a banana and some almonds if I'm REALLY crunched for time.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I cook an egg in the microwave for one minute in a small bowl. (scrambled with a little water) - a slice of ham, fat free swiss cheese between two slices of Sara Lee 45 calorie bread. Keeps me full and satisfied. I eat the yolk too, because that's the best part ;)
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    I asked a similar question yesterday and was given a couple great ideas. The one that I tried last night and ate today was pretty awesome.

Basically its a muffin made of egg cooked in a muffin pan in the oven. Its down right simple, portable and tasty.

Recipe (I halved the recipe I found online)
    6 eggs
    6 tbsp shredded cheese
    6 tbsp chopped onion
    6 tbsp chopped mushroom
    seasoning of your choice, I recommend against salt.

Preheat the oven to 375.

Line a muffin pan with paper liners for six muffin cups and spray with cooking spray, you can also use silicon muffin cups and spray those with cooking spray.

Inside each muffin cup layer, if you choose to add a meat add it first, then the veggies and some cheese ontop. Do this for all six muffin cups.

Beat the eggs like you would for scrambled eggs in a bowl add the seasoning you desire and mix. Pour the eggs into the muffin cups filling most of the way full.

Put it in the oven and cook for 15 minutes. Check them. cook for another 10 minutes or until it starts to brown on top.

Store in the fridge and nuke for about a minute in the morning and eat.

This sounds wonderful and really easy. I am going to have to give this a try.
  • nicwick
    nicwick Posts: 1
    Options
    I like to make little mini frittata's in muffin tins on Sunday night. Use 2 whole eggs and 10 egg whites and then add any of your favorite veggies. Saute the veggies first and let them cool off then add to your eggs, mix up and put in muffin tins. Don't forget to spray your tins with non stick cooking spray. They are convenient and delicious and feel like you have had a good meal whether you are in the office or rushing out the door. Here is a link to the recipe - http://toquegirls.wordpress.com/2011/06/29/healthy-fast-protein-breakfast/
  • RenshiG
    RenshiG Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i LOVE OATMEAL SO I TRIED TO MAKE IT A BIT MORE WHOLESOME.....

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup of oatmeal (slow cook or instant plain)
    2 egg whites
    1 ripe banana
    1 tbsp. smooth peanut butter (I like omega-3 natural)
    milk to taste

Cook the oatmeal on the stove with water for a couple minutes. Add just enough water to not have it get dry.

Add milk to make it smooth and two egg whites. Stir well and heat it so the egg whites mix in and cook.... by the end of it you will bearly even see them or notice them. Mush up the banana good, mix it under. Stir in the peanut butter. Stir everything really well.

I like my oatmeal really creamy so I add a bit more milk to it in the end or even pour a little cool milk over the meal after putting it into my serving dish.

Overall this makes for about 420 kcals stacked with good fiber, protein, potassium and vitamines. Hmmm!
  • jgranger221
    Options
    I love cereal too, so when I want some, I use the little bowls that we still have from when the kids were younger. It only holds about a cup, so it's easier to maintain portion control. Of course it's still up to me to eat only one bowl, but compared to the one bowl I used to eat, it's a big step!
  • cmbuchanan
    Options
    Egg burritos! I use 1/4 cup Egg Beaters (30 cal), Ole Mexican Foods Low Carb/High Fiber wrap (only 71 cals!), and a tablespoon of salsa. You could add cheese too, I don't only because I try to limit my dairy intake. Check out all the different choices in the mexican food section for wrap ideas. I live in Georgia and Kroger carries the Ole brand, but I have looked at other grocery stores and can't find it so I don't know how widely distributed that brand is. You could probably add the soy sausage someone else mentioned to "beef" it up a little.
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    I asked a similar question yesterday and was given a couple great ideas. The one that I tried last night and ate today was pretty awesome.

Basically its a muffin made of egg cooked in a muffin pan in the oven. Its down right simple, portable and tasty.

Recipe (I halved the recipe I found online)
    6 eggs
    6 tbsp shredded cheese
    6 tbsp chopped onion
    6 tbsp chopped mushroom
    seasoning of your choice, I recommend against salt.

Preheat the oven to 375.

Line a muffin pan with paper liners for six muffin cups and spray with cooking spray, you can also use silicon muffin cups and spray those with cooking spray.

Inside each muffin cup layer, if you choose to add a meat add it first, then the veggies and some cheese ontop. Do this for all six muffin cups.

Beat the eggs like you would for scrambled eggs in a bowl add the seasoning you desire and mix. Pour the eggs into the muffin cups filling most of the way full.

Put it in the oven and cook for 15 minutes. Check them. cook for another 10 minutes or until it starts to brown on top.

Store in the fridge and nuke for about a minute in the morning and eat.

Love this idea! Thanks for sharing. :)
  • comcatee
    comcatee Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    most of the time I have between 3/4 and 1 cup of nonfat yogurt, pour 1/4 cup of oats on top, and chop up whatever fruit I have on hand (mango, peach, banana, blueberries, etc.) mix it all together and eat. Usually comes out to be about a 250-300 calorie breakfast and it keeps me full.
  • whatshesaid
    whatshesaid Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new here.,.. saw this post and had to add my suggestion!

"Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Oatmeal"

Found the recipe online at some point, supposedly recommended by a trainer!

-one packet of plain microwaveable oatmeal (or cooked on the stove if you wish but i use the microwaveable type and I can make it at work and it is faster :P)
    -cocoa powder (tablespoon or however much you want)
    -tablespoon of all natural peanut butter or almond butter (crunchy is best!!)

If you like to add a bit of honey or splenda or sugar to sweeten it, it would make it slightly less healthy but i'm sure you could find something to sweeten it with if you so desired.

it's really filling and super delicious, and also makes for a good snack at some point, even half the serving. yum!

Also, I really like granola mixed with fresh fruit (berries, whatever you have around really) and lemon meringue yogurt. tastes like dessert!

I clearly have a sweet tooth :)
  • SkeletonSong
    Options
    I love eating a 2 scrambled eggs with 1/2 cup of spinach cooked into it, (I always add hot sauce.), and half a piece of whole wheat toast.

I try not to eat peanut butter in the morning since it seems to make me a lot hungrier throughout the day, but toast with real fruit jam and greek yogurt is also a tasty and easy breakfast.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfasts are:

2 Egg white goat cheese omelet. I use 1/2 tsp at most of low-fat margarine and a splash of nonfat milk for the omelet. You can even add veggies like asparagus to this. Yum-o one of my faves

2 Egg, low-fat cheese and 100 cal mini bagel sandwich-- This was 193 calories and 6 grams of fat (Breakfast this AM)

Oatmeal with a couple teaspoons brown sugar and blueberries!

100 cal bagel with low fat cream cheese (easy on the go)

Grab a fruit to go with these and breakfast is yummy :)
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new here.,.. saw this post and had to add my suggestion!

"Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Oatmeal"

Found the recipe online at some point, supposedly recommended by a trainer!

-one packet of plain microwaveable oatmeal (or cooked on the stove if you wish but i use the microwaveable type and I can make it at work and it is faster :P)
    -cocoa powder (tablespoon or however much you want)
    -tablespoon of all natural peanut butter or almond butter (crunchy is best!!)

If you like to add a bit of honey or splenda or sugar to sweeten it, it would make it slightly less healthy but i'm sure you could find something to sweeten it with if you so desired.

it's really filling and super delicious, and also makes for a good snack at some point, even half the serving. yum!

Also, I really like granola mixed with fresh fruit (berries, whatever you have around really) and lemon meringue yogurt. tastes like dessert!

I clearly have a sweet tooth :)
    [/quote

Hmmm.... I may have to try that oatmeal.. Peanut butter cup? How can you go wrong! Yum :)
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I love cereal as well and soo easy lol. But other things I've done are peanut butter toast.. although now I use a sandwich round and put 1 Tbsp on each half. Greek yogurt with fruit and granola mixed in. Or today I had an omelet that consisted of 2 whole eggs + 1 egg white, 1/3 cup turkey sausage crumbles and 1/4 shredded mild cheddar cheese with a glass of V8 fusion light which came out to about 350 calories.
  • ryry18
    ryry18 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Im totally on board with the scrambled eggs with 1/3 shredded cheese fresh pico de gallo salsa and whole wheat toast or fruit. I also love steel cut oatmeal a teaspoon of brown sugar milk and a banana and my little one eats it with me.
  • BrattyLori
    BrattyLori Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Did anyone say EGG BEATERS? OMG - SO yummy! Low carb. Big yum!