Who burn min 1500 cals and eat max 2500 cals daily

Please add me so I could view your daily dairy. Thanks

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    @cwolfman13 in her other post she says she runs hills 3 hours a day and has lost 5kg in a week (not obese)
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    For me, that would be about 1.5-2 hours of running per day and would give me about 1.5 lb. per week loss (based on 3,500 kcal being 1 lb.). I don't have 2 hours in my day to run, and therefore I can't eat anywhere close to that much.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    Hopefully nobody, because that's a damn fool idea.

QFT!!!!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner

Ah, I see. Not enough details to suggest anything specific beyond increasing intake to a smaller deficit.
  • yeme135
    yeme135 Posts: 37 Member
    For me, that would be about 1.5-2 hours of running per day and would give me about 1.5 lb. per week loss (based on 3,500 kcal being 1 lb.). I don't have 2 hours in my day to run, and therefore I can't eat anywhere close to that much.

well I did that. The place I stay, there is a hill pp use to walk, run and biking. I go every morning wogging 3.3km one round about one and a hour hour and I go again later evening. Twice a day
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    yeme135 wrote: »

well I did that. The place I stay, there is a hill pp use to walk, run and biking. I go every morning wogging 3.3km one round about one and a hour hour and I go again later evening. Twice a day

Whether it is walking or running, that is a lot of exercise. The only thing I can suggest is that you reduce your deficit. In short, you need to eat more. If not, you are going to lose a lot of muscle along with the fat you're losing. While many of us want to lose fat (I don't know your weight/height/etc., so I'm making a guess that you have fat to lose), we want to keep muscle. To do this, you need to slow down your rate of loss.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    I fear that you are severely overestimating the calorie burn of a 6.6km "wog". I'm about 200 pounds. For me, running, it would be about 540 calories 200#*.67*4miles (6.6km*.6=3.96miles)=536. Don't see anything close to a 1500 calorie burn here.
  • yeme135
    pondee629 wrote: »
    I fear that you are severely overestimating the calorie burn of a 6.6km "wog". I'm about 200 pounds. For me, running, it would be about 540 calories 200#*.67*4miles (6.6km*.6=3.96miles)=536. Don't see anything close to a 1500 calorie burn here.

I using this app does the job
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner

She said in the other thread that she is losing 5 kg per week, which tells me she must be burning a lot more calories than she is eating. Whether this is accurate with the hills and her weight (I don't know what that is), I'm not sure. But somewhere she is burning through a lot of calories.
  • yeme135

Morning
    455 cals for 60mins hill walk and
    303 cals for 30mins run downhill

Repeat evening
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member

I using this app does the job

If you're using this app to estimate your calorie burn, then in all likelihood your calorie burn is inaccurate. Many have found MFP's exercise calorie numbers to be overestimated.

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member

Morning
    455 cals for 60mins hill walk and
    303 cals for 30mins run downhill

Repeat evening

If this routine is causing problems, fix the routine. There is no need to repeat the workout. Try reducing cardio and increasing strength work.
  • islal
    islal Posts: 3 Member
    [/quote]

If you're using this app to estimate your calorie burn, then in all likelihood your calorie burn is inaccurate. Many have found MFP's exercise calorie numbers to be overestimated.

[/quote]

I have been wondering about the accuracy of the calories burned. On my hikes or runs, I usually edit the calorie burn by half. Anybody else using the Map My Walk, Run, Hike apps have crazy calorie burn?
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited February 2017
    I use Endomondo. It says I burn around 700 calories for a 2 hour walk at a brisk pace (12kms roughly). Pretty sure 500 calories would be much more accurate.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

She said in the other thread that she is losing 5 kg per week, which tells me she must be burning a lot more calories than she is eating. Whether this is accurate with the hills and her weight (I don't know what that is), I'm not sure. But somewhere she is burning through a lot of calories.

Her diet is 3 shakes and apple cider vinegar...
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    I use Endomondo. It says I burn around 700 calories for a 2 hour walk at a brisk pace (12kms roughly). Pretty sure 500 calories would be much more accurate.

I know, I tried using it, did an hour of cardio cycling, burned around 980 calories, I usually take calorie burns with a grain of salt.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    subcounter wrote: »

I know, I tried using it, did an hour of cardio cycling, burned around 980 calories, I usually take calorie burns with a grain of salt.

You'd have to put out 250 watts to burn 980 kCal in an hour. That's about 22 miles in an hour, on a road bike on flat ground with no wind.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    edited February 2017
    The apps I use tell me that on days I exercise I burn somewhere between 1000 and 1200 calories of exercise. The first 35 minutes of that exercise is on a Bowflex M5 at max settings for a 500 calorie burn, then the remaining hour is spent circuit training for another 700 ish calories. It's all based on a HRM, and I do not rest inbetween circuits at all to keep my heart rate at 120+ish (I power walk inbetween exercises/circuits) the whole time. My calories are calculated so that only 700 of those are factored into my diet, because I feel that is over inflated (I don't think anyone would disagree). My sedentary TDEE is 2000 calories a day or a tad more (I am 6'2" tall). So I eat around 2700 calories a day and maintain my weight which is around 180-185. While I do believe it is possible to burn 1500 calories, you're going to be very tired once it's done. I could not burn a real 1500 calories in a workout and then function the rest of the day, I'd be lying on my back at that point lol.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner

You'd have to put out 250 watts to burn 980 kCal in an hour. That's about 22 miles in an hour, on a road bike on flat ground with no wind.

I'm not a cyclist, but that doesn't sound ridiculous at all. Do most cyclists go slower than 22 mph on roads under such conditions? I realize that most are probably cycling in urban environments with lots of intersections and traffic devices, but this sounds feasible on a rural road (highway) without stop signs. Still, I'll acknowledge I don't bike, so maybe I'm way off here...
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    for a reference point - for a semi-pro cyclist maybe - that is about a Cat1/2 racer - for most ppl, you would be looking at 14-17mph (for reference on my slow rides, I do 190watts and 14mph)
  • NorthCascades

I'm not a cyclist, but that doesn't sound ridiculous at all. Do most cyclists go slower than 22 mph on roads under such conditions? I realize that most are probably cycling in urban environments with lots of intersections and traffic devices, but this sounds feasible on a rural road (highway) without stop signs. Still, I'll acknowledge I don't bike, so maybe I'm way off here...

It's not ridiculous at all, but a solid effort for most recreational cyclists.

Anybody can hit 22 mph in a sprint, but we're talking about calories burned over an hour. So we're talking about endurance instead of just explosiveness.

And you're right about where it happens. My fastest 40k (that's about 25 mi) was about 70 minutes, on a hilly rural road with no traffic. Stop lights in the city slow me down too much.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member

Yes, that's fast.

Apples and oranges here, but at Ironman Florida this fall, men biked 112 miles in between 4:34:46 and 8:12:01. The fastest guy averaged 24.75-ish MPH, the slowest 13.5. Sure, they just swam 2 miles, but they are on TT bikes (minimized air resistance) and IM FL is FLAT! (and has problems with people cheating and drafting... But the fastest guy couldn't draft).
    Also, on a TT bike, because of the lower resistance, you need fewer watts to go faster.
  • NorthCascades
    I thought drafting wasn't just not allowed in a tri, but seriously looked down on, too?
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    Wouldn't that mean you are effectively eating only 1000 calories which is too little? I've been estimating and my max burn is around 600 cals, and only if I end up crawling but hooray for interesting numbers
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    The most I have ever burned in a single workout is 1400 calories. I am training for a half marathon and ran 9 miles in 1 1/2 hours during one of my long runs last week. This was followed by a mandatory 2 hour nap followed by eating ALL THE THINGS because my body demanded it. I do my long runs on days I have off work and I know I can schedule time in the afternoon to rest and EAT. I cant imagine doing it every day while restricting my calorie intake! I would not be able to work or function in any kind of productive way. Also, my body would break down in a week! If that is what you are doing - please be careful and take care of your body.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    I thought drafting wasn't just not allowed in a tri, but seriously looked down on, too?

Yes and no.
    Drafting is legal in ITU and Draft-legal tris. Drafting illegal in Ironman-branded events, and most others. Most people look down on it, but in Florida specifically, it's a problem. In most other races, packs can't form because of the courses.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=_zsRYWombPo
    If you go on slowtwitch after almost any big race, there will be a bunch of treads complaining about drafting on the bike ;)

In most draft legal races, you can't use a tri bike. Has to have road bike geometry and clip-on bars that don't extend beyond the front axle.