Do you love your job?

kali31337
kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
I recently spoke to someone who was shocked that I actually enjoy my job (I'm an epidemiologist) and it made me wonder if I'm in the minority? I went back to get my master's degree to do this and truly enjoy what I do.

So I ask, do you like your job and if you do, did actively pursue this job or did you just fall into it?

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    I just fell into my job and I absolutely love it. I am pretty spoiled.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Mmmm? love is such a strong word though.
  • dwulet130
    dwulet130 Posts: 108 Member
    Love is strong. I enjoy what I do (accounting) but getting up and doing the same thing with the same people every day? I would win the lottery if I could.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    *kitten* No
  • FairhavenDS
    FairhavenDS Posts: 1,046 Member
    I like aspects of my current job. I get to program controls or make recommendations on projects that have tangible savings and benefits, and when I get to couple that with green technologies, that's pretty cool (I'm a utilities analyst/engineering tech). I do miss the job I went to school and made a career of, though. I can't play anymore (nerve disorder in half my face) but I still write music, so I'm still in the field that I love, but I miss performing.
  • FairhavenDS
    I absolutely love my job!

What do you do (If I'm allowed to ask)?
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Pshhhh
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    i like the idea of my job better than actually doing it. i gave up being an attorney, which i hated (despite actually enjoying law school) to move into the arts. things could be better. i used to love my job before the latest bosses.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

Child Psychology

What do you really mean by that?
  • FairhavenDS

Child Psychology

Really neat! :smile:
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    It's frustrating sometimes and the pay is *kitten*, but overall I love it because I feel like I'm making a difference in people's life.
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Love love love my job. There are days of course but I get to go to work every day and talk hunting or shoot bows. Who wouldn't love that?
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Yes, overall I love my job....relative to how much I could possibly "love" a job. It's not my life, but I can honestly say I've never woken up in the morning dreading going. Winning.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    I do not dread going to work everyday. That's enough for me. Work to live not live to work.
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    I definitely enjoy my job, I don't know about love it. I'd love it if it paid more. :lol: But I really do like what I do and I don't mind going into work every day.

I actually kind of fell into my job, my undergrad is in an ENTIRELY different field.