Do you love your job?

Replies

• kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Yes, overall I love my job....relative to how much I could possibly "love" a job. It's not my life, but I can honestly say I've never woken up in the morning dreading going. Winning.

I agree completely. I wake up every morning and wish I could just stay in bed but I never feel like I just want to stay home because I don't want to go to work. I wish I could do my job and travel at the same time but I am so happy that I can do something really enjoyable in between my travels!
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    edited February 2017
    My JOB I love. I enjoy it immensely and I have a huge impact on people and their lives. It is very rewarding personally and professionally satisfying . My WORk on the other hand...not so much. Mostly due to the business aspects of it and the ever increasing mountain of (government) red tape.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    I spend most of my day writing about brexit and Donald Trump and how it messes up exchange rates... Can't really complain with that
  • kikibelle86
    kikibelle86 Posts: 93 Member
    not at all... I love the success and the lifestyle it's allowed me to have though.
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    I love my job. I'm blessed I can do it. Sometimes it's stressful, but I really love it. Real estate. The only job I would quit for is marine biologist or professional scuba diver. But I'm a little old at 37 to start those two careers so I sell houses to afford dive equipment and dive trips.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    I absolutely can't stand my job, but I've been doing it about 7 years and now I'm considered a professional and am shockingly at the top of my career ladder. It was worst in 2012, I quit, I threw out all my materials I said I don't care if my house burns down, I'd rather lose everything I own than work here another day (and my house did go into foreclosure, and then my car died, and I couldn't afford food, and I STILL didn't regret quitting, I said "Should have done it sooner!")....But then I was made an offer to come back a year later that I couldn't turn down (mostly because I didn't have any money left). I got 6 months off last year to go traveling and they reluctantly gave it to me only because they knew I would quit otherwise. I plan on quitting this year.

My mom always tells me "nobody enjoys their job, it's normal, very few people get to do something they like" but she probably didn't realize how many times in my deep depression that I seriously contemplated offing myself solely to get away from this line of work. (I'm past that, no worries, now I'm just teary and unhappy every day)

I am so sorry. I hope it gets better after you quit this year!
  • kikibelle86
    kikibelle86 Posts: 93 Member
    I absolutely can't stand my job, but I've been doing it about 7 years and now I'm considered a professional and am shockingly at the top of my career ladder. It was worst in 2012, I quit, I threw out all my materials I said I don't care if my house burns down, I'd rather lose everything I own than work here another day (and my house did go into foreclosure, and then my car died, and I couldn't afford food, and I STILL didn't regret quitting, I said "Should have done it sooner!")....But then I was made an offer to come back a year later that I couldn't turn down (mostly because I didn't have any money left). I got 6 months off last year to go traveling and they reluctantly gave it to me only because they knew I would quit otherwise. I plan on quitting this year.

My mom always tells me "nobody enjoys their job, it's normal, very few people get to do something they like" but she probably didn't realize how many times in my deep depression that I seriously contemplated offing myself solely to get away from this line of work. (I'm past that, no worries, now I'm just teary and unhappy every day)

Our stories are literally IDENTICAL and then I got lifted out of my job into a whole new profession. It was so hard to jump into something else but it gave me the space I needed to reevaluate my life. Hang in there, a break is soon to come.

I worked 20 hours a day for 4 years straight no vacations no weekends no holidays.... the depression is so real.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    I do love my job..been with the same co 19 years, so that says a lot.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    I would love my job if I worked with @happilymegan
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    To those that say they "love" their jobs I have a question. If you were to hit the lottery and won millions and millions of dollars, would you keep it?
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Considering I recently spent 5 months unemployed and was strongly considering moving in with my ex husband because unemployment benefits were about to run out.....
    Yes, yes I love my job.
    I'd love it even if I hated it.
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    To those that say they "love" their jobs I have a question. If you were to hit the lottery and won millions and millions of dollars, would you keep it?

Heck no - although I would probably still end up "working" in some way, just because I always want to work but I would probably just work doing whatever I wanted instead of working for someone else.
  • dalem9383
    dalem9383 Posts: 8 Member
    I sure do, otherwise I wouldn't be doing it.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    I don't love my job. I don't hate it either. It's just kinda "meh"....boring mostly. A decent paycheck and not expected to be chained to my desk are the things that keep me coming back each day.

My last job I truly truly loved, but my boss was "see you next Tuesday" and the pay sucked.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited February 2017
    I would say that I sometimes like my job. And sometimes not. I'm like a sinusoidal function. Rarely love it though.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    J_Surita3 wrote: »

I have thought about this lots. I think I would still work only part time for awhile but then maybe not because I have lots of traveling I want to do. My job requires you to be here a lot.. I wouldn't be able to easily take off for weeks at a time, if that wasn't an issue then yes, part time only though.
  • fitin50s2
    fitin50s2 Posts: 111 Member
    Let's just say I'm extremely content. If I have to work, I would want no other.

If I won the lottery? I would work NO job.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    138shades wrote: »
    It's not a question if I like my job or clients.........its the coworkers that's the problem.

OMG, THIS!!

Of course, I always say, "If I was in charge, a whole lot of snit would be different...!"