Is anyone here with a weight loss goal of 100lbs+?

Options
I'm not a newbie here, I am returning though. I had to flush out my friendslist of people who weren't on for months at a time.

I have 100lbs to lose.
I already lost 100lbs (yay me) but during my halfway point I kinda gave up; stress got the better of me., but then a month ago I decided that I need to change and kick the pounds away.
I'm tired of feeling so self conscious about myself.

Is anyone else on a goal to lose that much? Could really use some motivation buddies!

Replies

• gfrose88
    gfrose88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have that much to lose. I have lost 75# a number of times over the years. This time I am focusing on 1# at a time and keeping it off. I started mfp 10/03/16. I have lost 25#. It has been an uphill battle. I use the app on good and bad days. If I go over it tells me how much I would gain. That helps me focus. I keep lots of fruit, veg's, cheese sticks, 2 or 1/2 percent fat yogurt, eggs, etc. On hand. It is easier to resist high fat and sugar foods if I am not hungry. If I really want something I eat it but I log it. I weigh everyday. I can gain 5# in a day. If I don't weigh I find myself slacking. This is what is working for me so far. I am over 50 with normal aches and pains. I walk at least 5500 steps a day. I average 8000 steps. I have chronic pain that I am told would go away if only I lost weight. I am dealing with the here and now, one meal, one day at a time. Slipping up will happen and that is OK. It is what happens next that matters. I hope this helps. This is my experience so far.
  • liz_is_twisted
    liz_is_twisted Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have about 130 to lose . Could use some friends and a support system. Add me please. Do either of you battle head hunger.... how do you manage it ?
  • zlagv
    zlagv Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm on a journey to lose 100 lbs (17 down so far!). 13 more pounds to my pre-pregnancy weight, and then I can't blame the baby anymore.. the rest of it was due to my own poor habits, which I'm working hard to change. I would love to make new friends!
  • fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! I started needing to lose 120lbs, I'm down 19.5 lbs as of today. I've been on the MFP journey since March 2015. My weight has yo-yo'ed alot!! I also had an "enough is enough" moment and now I am extremely motivated to FINALLY get rid of this extra weight that is holding me back!! We CAN do this!! <3
  • fruitydelicious
    Options
    and CONGRATULATIONS on your 100lb loss so far!! that's fabulous!
  • fruitydelicious
    Options
    SammiG01 wrote: »
    Hi. I am starting over here too. I have lost a lot of weight a couple of times and I know very well that at 100 lbs lighter my quality of life is so so much better. I'm over 50 and have done a lot of work on myself, therapy wise, over my lifetime but I still don't fully understand why I sabotage myself. When I'm in a bad place I binge eat which starts this terrible cycle and I get stuck in the bad place and I can gain a lot of weight pretty quickly. I am feeling strong today and I'm trying to focus on today, each day, and not on the big picture (pun intended). I know how to lose weight, I just don't always know how to allow myself to be successful. Thanks for listening.....it helps not to feel alone in the struggle.

Oh my goodness!! I am exactly where you are !!! The only difference is I'm 46.

We are definitely not alone in this struggle <3
  • berly1003
    berly1003 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I need to loose 100lbs . . .
    I have been doing this for about 10 days now. I lost 4lbs at first, then gained it back few days later...I am having to up my calorie intake because my body is holding on to the stored fat...
    Right now, I have lot .8 lbs...

I have never been apart of a community before & I am really trying to loose weight.
  • SammiG01
    SammiG01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 120 to get down to 170 - I am not new to mfp - lost 60lbs two years ago and fell off the wagon. Looking for support, suggestions and sarcasm....

I'm always up for some sarcasm!
  • SammiG01
    Options
    and CONGRATULATIONS on your 100lb loss so far!! that's fabulous!

to you too! 100 lbs is no joke! Congratulations.
  • kevygirl
    kevygirl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • labreemike
    labreemike Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have 114 to lose. I got close but gained it back. I need all the motivation and support I can get.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    You can add me, lost 100 a few years back, currently at 65lbs lost total. I think key for me is looking forward and not remembering all the time that I was once so close to goal. Total I want to lose is at least 120 but as much as 150.
  • SammiG01
    Options
    I'm not a newbie here, I am returning though. I had to flush out my friendslist of people who weren't on for months at a time.

I have 100lbs to lose.
    I already lost 100lbs (yay me) but during my halfway point I kinda gave up; stress got the better of me., but then a month ago I decided that I need to change and kick the pounds away.
    I'm tired of feeling so self conscious about myself.

Is anyone else on a goal to lose that much? Could really use some motivation buddies!

I tried to send you a friend request but MFP won't let me. I like this thread. I like the idea of supporting and being supported by folks with similar goals.
  • gfrose88
    Options
    I am working(it is work) on losing 1/2# a week. Previously I tried to lose 2+3# a week. It worked for a while. Then I would be so hungry and would gain back all the weight I had lost and more. I know five times that didn't work. I am a slow learner. I am losing slower but thrilled with each lost pound. I feel better knowing I am not alone.

• goingoffthegrid135
    Options
    I have 120lbs to lose and need to start logging every day! Feel free to add me
  • SammiG01
    Options
    gfrose88 wrote: »
    I am working(it is work) on losing 1/2# a week. Previously I tried to lose 2+3# a week. It worked for a while. Then I would be so hungry and would gain back all the weight I had lost and more. I know five times that didn't work. I am a slow learner. I am losing slower but thrilled with each lost pound. I feel better knowing I am not alone.

You've lost 25 lbs since October.....that's terrific progress!
  • gfrose88
    Options
    Thanks
  • iamjennica35
    iamjennica35 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me